Hey guys, new player looking for some advice!

Hey guys, I stumbled across this game a few days ago and wow, I never knew something like this even existed!

I’ve always been a casual player on the handheld games and have never really been good at creating a diverse team. What are the general guidelines to creating a good all round team? Is it just a case of making sure you have a Pokémon of each type or does it go deeper than this? I.e one needs to be there just to set up weather effects etc?

I’ve been looking at some guides on Google,but I always find it better to get actual feedback from people who knows what they’re talking about.

My favourite Pokémon by far are Gen 1. My absolute favourite Pokémon of all time is Magneton so he definitely has a place in my team, any other suggestions to include? I know Gengar and Alakasam are always popular choices.

Cheers guys, looking forward to seeing you ingame! 

4 minutes ago, StrengthPolicy said:

Welcome to the game! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Are you looking to make a team for PvP or just one to complete all the story modes efficiently? 

Thank you!

mainly looking for a team that can complete everything efficiently, but also I’d like to dabble into pvp at some point, so some pointers on pvp oriented Pokémon would be appreciated too!

No matter what region you start in you cant go wrong by getting starmie early on. I think starmie is a broken pokemon for the early gameplay because it can get tbolt, ice beam, psychic and hm surf. Thats huge coverage + an hm move and its a gen 1 pokemon. It would tear through almost everything and it has natural cure so you dont have to worry too much about getting statused during long trips (like when you go into caves ?). The only down side is that you might need a little bit of cash and help to get a starmie but its worth the effort. anyway goodluck 

8 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

No matter what region you start in you cant go wrong by getting starmie early on. I think starmie is a broken pokemon for the early gameplay because it can get tbolt, ice beam, psychic and hm surf. Thats huge coverage + an hm move and its a gen 1 pokemon. It would tear through almost everything and it has natural cure so you dont have to worry too much about getting statused during long trips (like when you go into caves ?). The only down side is that you might need a little bit of cash and help to get a starmie but its worth the effort. anyway goodluck 

Appreciate the reply! Starmie will be added to the list! 

through time u ll discover all the answers for your questions, play PVP, watch PVP, watch tournaments, sign in tournaments, u will win, u will lose, whatever u ll learn
pokemmo is a world full of good players
Welcome & Enjoy your stay in this marvellous world ❤️

13 minutes ago, RealMak said:

Welcome!

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

through time u ll discover all the answers for your questions, play PVP, watch PVP, watch tournaments, sign in tournaments, u will win, u will lose, whatever u ll learn
pokemmo is a world full of good players
Welcome & Enjoy your stay in this marvellous world ❤️

Thank you! ? 

4 hours ago, Lewisw6792 said:

Hey guys, I stumbled across this game a few days ago and wow, I never knew something like this even existed!

I’ve always been a casual player on the handheld games and have never really been good at creating a diverse team. What are the general guidelines to creating a good all round team? Is it just a case of making sure you have a Pokémon of each type or does it go deeper than this? I.e one needs to be there just to set up weather effects etc?

I’ve been looking at some guides on Google,but I always find it better to get actual feedback from people who knows what they’re talking about.

My favourite Pokémon by far are Gen 1. My absolute favourite Pokémon of all time is Magneton so he definitely has a place in my team, any other suggestions to include? I know Gengar and Alakasam are always popular choices.

Cheers guys, looking forward to seeing you ingame! 

Starmie is a must have, Enjoy your stay and I hope to see you in game!

In general i'd say as more pokemon your team has, as harder it gets somehow.

1-2 Pokemon per Region, exclusively leveling them, feels like the easiest strat. Check they cover as much as possible and dont share the same weaknesses.