July-2022 Movement Discussion

8 hours ago, PoseidonWrath said:

Are we all forgetting how Weezing his HA is amazing in OU? 

lts really strong vs Conkeldurr, Scizor, Breloom, Mienshao removing their abillity.

its like a better version of Cofa since with mummy u gotta have to touch cofa first and it Weezing doesnt get easily pursuit trapped by Tyranitar

Dugtrio, though.

On 6/24/2022 at 5:54 PM, Quinn010 said:

if you compare it to moves like double team or sand veil this can't be outplayed defog can. i mean its just my pov i understand if people disagree 

You can try to predict and do a Mental Game to your opponent, they will need to be careful to Defog, so i think that Serperior will only get difficult Vs Rotom-Heat, that can enter and defog and put serperior on check(If you guess wrong, you enter with serperior and faint to a Overheat.)

22 hours ago, Munya said:

Nothing has been decided yet, things may be banned to OU, but another thing we are discussing is using seasonal cutoff for the entirety of the next season to let things naturally rise faster, if they are going to.  There is a lot to digest and a lot of different opinions on how to handle it.

Close this season without changes, except bans and quick bans. because we will not play enough matches to test Hidden Abilities, after all, we are in the middle of a event, so UU matches aren't played much.

undoubtebly this update is a huge one for competitive pokemon. i can see weezing rising to usage to act as a counter to serpierior when hes dominating the tier. this update is also a huge buff to sun teams with venasau and charizard getting alot of fire powe via hidden abilities. I honestly do hope that no other starters looses thier hidden abilities like blaziken did. cause before the starters were dogwater complete garbage

11 hours ago, DARKEN said:

undoubtebly this update is a huge one for competitive pokemon. i can see weezing rising to usage to act as a counter to serpierior when hes dominating the tier. this update is also a huge buff to sun teams with venasau and charizard getting alot of fire powe via hidden abilities. I honestly do hope that no other starters looses thier hidden abilities like blaziken did. cause before the starters were dogwater complete garbage

Speed boost is far and above a lot of the abilities other starters got. Blaziken is fine without it and sits as the most used pokemon in NU for months. No other starters in game really have abilities as strong as Blazikens.

I'll make an official tier change thread in the next few hours but what we have decided to do is leave things as they have been stated in the OP, watch them, and continue with the 4.36% usage movements for the duration of the upcoming season.

I will also being doing the NU/Untiered changes within that upcoming post.

Serperior currently has June usage of 1,20% in OU.

ce1b6740264e0ee147ea347efbdaca5c.png

37a2f0ed873dd38ec178f3735ccb77e2.png

Contrary takes 73,68% of Serp's usage so it's safe to say this usage is after the update and the Overgrow is before the update. By this, it is reasonable to assume post-update Serp's usage for whole June has been 1,2% * 0,7368 = 0,88%. Update was released 24th of June, which means Contrary Serp has been available for 6 days, which is 6/30 days of June so 1/5th of the available days in June. If it is assumed Contrary Serp was available for the whole month, Contrary Serp's usage would have been 4,4%. And this all is also despite the fact that during the event people play matchmaking far less so less usage accounts to the statistics after the event was released, as well as Serp's being less available for less wealthy players due to expenses.

TL;DR It is already evident that Serperior is going to OU. Just ban it from the UU in the meantime so people don't have to teambuild against a broken threat that will be guaranteed to leave the tier anyways in a month of two.

I greatly respect everybody who post in this threads thoughts on the matter but this is how we have decided on doing it.  That doesn't mean something can't be banned mid month if its too much of an issue in the lower tier, but if its not an issue, I don't want to start banning on theorized usage either.

4 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Serperior currently has June usage of 1,20% in OU.

ce1b6740264e0ee147ea347efbdaca5c.png

37a2f0ed873dd38ec178f3735ccb77e2.png

Contrary takes 73,68% of Serp's usage so it's safe to say this usage is after the update and the Overgrow is before the update. By this, it is reasonable to assume post-update Serp's usage for whole June has been 1,2% * 0,7368 = 0,88%. Update was released 24th of June, which means Contrary Serp has been available for 6 days, which is 6/30 days of June so 1/5th of the available days in June. If it is assumed Contrary Serp was available for the whole month, Contrary Serp's usage would have been 4,4%. And this all is also despite the fact that during the event people play matchmaking far less so less usage accounts to the statistics after the event was released, as well as Serp's being less available for less wealthy players due to expenses.

TL;DR It is already evident that Serperior is going to OU. Just ban it from the UU in the meantime so people don't have to teambuild against a broken threat that will be guaranteed to leave the tier anyways in a month of two.

Would be interesting to see the win % of it with out over grow, since it sits at 54% right now. 

I guess it not bold to assume that it would be higher. 

45 minutes ago, Munya said:

I greatly respect everybody who post in this threads thoughts on the matter but this is how we have decided on doing it.  That doesn't mean something can't be banned mid month if its too much of an issue in the lower tier, but if its not an issue, I don't want to start banning on theorized usage either.

bro why did you nuke Electrode then

42 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Would be interesting to see the win % of it with out over grow, since it sits at 54% right now. 

I guess it not bold to assume that it would be higher. 

I unfortunately cannot sort that out, but interestingly, similar %'s in UU but it has a much lower winrate.

40 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

bro why did you nuke Electrode then

I'd have to look back at their ban reason but i don't think it involved usage, If it was then me at the time of that ban was stupid.

I checked usage on MM OU, and if keeps with the usage % that he has, Serperior will not being banned from Under Used, will go to Over Used by usage before it.
6% Usage, on one day and 424 Matches, 100% of them with Contrary.

Edited by caioxlive13
8 hours ago, Thenavarro said:

Snorlax, rotom calm maybe

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Heat: 129-152 (82.1 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Crobat in Sun: 169-200 (88 - 104.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 125-148 (46.8 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
when snorlax sleep , is gg venu
Edited by xMago

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.