[PGC 1] PokeMMO Gym Challenge

22 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

buy the gym from Lab. They don't say that aren't allowed

1- my team already has one

2- i had no issues with LAB cuz' they are 4 teams, their gyms will be split in two. (lab1 + lab2) (lab3 + lab4) they won't earn the other badge and if they do, which would be the real problem? they are funding the event and it's ok. idk if you still don't get it.

3- which is your real complain about? or are just chattering about an event you weren't going to attend

9 hours ago, YJos said:

Hello, I have a question@KaynineXL, what will happen to the players who have more than 1 account in their team, will they be able to choose to get the 8 medals and if so, go to different accounts for the prize?

I don't understand. Do you mean if they attempt to get 8 badges on 2 different characters? You can't play the finale on 2 different characters.

6 hours ago, Thenavarro said:

Lc is only for legendary gym? 

LC can be used by any team (it's optional).

5 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Kaynine, i think that you need to pick up one of gyms of Lab teams and put them back on sale. It's a little unfair to us, because all players from Lab teams will start with 2 badges(Players from Other teams that can only buy one gym, will start with one badge each.), giving him a big advantage on event(for example: they can get 8 badges earlier, so if want to do the same chances for all to qualify to final tournament, cannot use the criteria of "Badge Case completed earlier", because it's almost impossible that the first player to complete the Badge case isn't a lab player, and if someone does this, is probablly a player for other team that bought a gym.)

Clayclover said it all perfectly 

10 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I don't understand. Do you mean if they attempt to get 8 badges on 2 different characters? You can't play the finale on 2 different characters.

But how you will know if a player have two characters on event? You can see it with the Moderator permissions?
Edit: I don't see this before. OMG, he now is a Game Master 

Edited by caioxlive13

Okay, let's get things started! Also, Kaynine, about the my suggestion( if you don't remember, is this one:

On 7/2/2022 at 1:13 PM, caioxlive13 said:

Isn't a Gym vs Gym, is basically; Every win that i have while trying to get a badge will count points to my team, and the team with highest score wins a extra prize. Not necessarilly the team must have a Gym. However i need to provide information about which team i will compete on this leaderboard, and i can't change it during season. I can, if want, dion't compete on this leaderboard, and in this case i don't need to send the team that i will compete. Is opcional enter or not on this leaderboard.

) , you will apply him on event or not?

Spoiler

I'm on hype, and Why not? played recenlty a tournament Round-Robin on Showdown, with the worst mons of all time, and ended up in First. The Regular Season Champion(Now i need to win the Play-off.). And i played some Never Used matches, with my new toy, Espeon Magic Bounce, and reached on my first Top rank of history:

image.png.8a83fb99b799537a9e5c6a9222fe01d8.png

Edited by caioxlive13
13 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Okay, let's get things started! Also, Kaynine, about the my suggestion( if you don't remember, is this one:

) , you will apply him on event or not?

Hide contents

I'm on hype, and Why not? played recenlty a tournament Round-Robin on Showdown, with the worst mons of all time, and ended up in First. The Regular Season Champion(Now i need to win the Play-off.). And i played some Never Used matches, with my new toy, Espeon Magic Bounce, and reached on my first Top rank of history:

image.png.8a83fb99b799537a9e5c6a9222fe01d8.png

It's a nice idea but I don't think I'll put it in this season as it requires even more statistics to be logged when we already have so much. I'll see how it goes and it has potential to be added season 2.

I regretted asking the gyms to create their own rule.

Seriously, all gyms have the damn rule of "you still have to win at least in two different tiers vs trainers to challenge the leader". Bro, I'm the challenger, like sayed here at General Thread, I have the right to choose the Tiers I want to play against the trainers. And in the legendary gyms, where I could choose to play all in the randoms, to hide my team from the leader and face him with a surprise card, I can't anymore because of that.

A event that come to be 4fun, now is a event of Elite Players, Because if you don't want to face gym leader, with him using a team to counter perfectly your team, you need to bring at least a full box of comp mons, a thing that only rich players can have.

Edited by caioxlive13
10 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I regretted asking the gyms to create their own rule.

Seriously, all gyms have the damn rule of "you still have to win at least in two different tiers vs trainers to challenge the leader". Bro, I'm the challenger, like sayed here at General Thread, I have the right to choose the Tiers I want to play against the trainers. And in the legendary gyms, where I could choose to play all in the randoms, to hide my team from the leader and face him with a surprise card, I can't anymore because of that.

A event that come to be 4fun, now is a event of Elite Players, Because if you don't want to face gym leader, with him using a team to counter perfectly your team, you need to bring at least a full box of comp mons, a thing that only rich players can have.

I was quite strict on how much I let leaders restrict players.

For example, teams that require 3 different tier wins have randoms included, I wouldn't allow it otherwise.

2 is the maximum amount of different tiers I would allow and I don't think it's incredibly hard to ask of a player.

Getting 8 badges is meant to show you are an elite player, someone who can play multiple tiers at a high level. In order to have fun, it must be a challenge.

Oh, and tonight we will release discord for real this time.

51 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

For example, teams that require 3 different tier wins have randoms included, I wouldn't allow it otherwise.

2 is the maximum amount of different tiers I would allow and I don't think it's incredibly hard to ask of a player.

Getting 8 badges is meant to show you are an elite player, someone who can play multiple tiers at a high level. In order to have fun, it must be a challenge.

Can we make gym leader battles BO3 with a format like (OU/Challenger's choice/Gym leader's choice) to avoid the situation where you will forever have to play a tier/format you don't like/play since that's always the option gym leaders will choose against you ? Like, OK I like that a badge needs challenge to be claimed but being forced to play a fucking Doubles match after climbing my way to a gym leader seems the definition of not fun. 

13 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Can we make gym leader battles BO3 with a format like (OU/Challenger's choice/Gym leader's choice) to avoid the situation where you will forever have to play a tier/format you don't like/play since that's always the option gym leaders will choose against you ? Like, OK I like that a badge needs challenge to be claimed but being forced to play a fucking Doubles match after climbing my way to a gym leader seems the definition of not fun. 

If we go bo3 I think it should be (Gym Leader's Choice/Loser of M1 Choice/Loser of M2 Choice). I believe this is more in line with smogon tours, and just seems fairer, whilst still giving the gym leader an intial "advantage"

57 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

i like this idea but don't they just go dubs, x and dubs then ?

16 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

i like this idea but don't they just go dubs, x and dubs then ?

Well it would be OU/X/Dubs.

On this topic, Bo3 is not something I would like to add. I'm worried about increasing the work load on gym leaders too much. This is supposed to be quick and easy matches, nothing prepped, nothing really scheduled.

What is a possibility is that should a gym leader win, they can not use the previous tier the next time they face?

@Poufilou

Just now, KaynineXL said:

What is a possibility is that should a gym leader win, they can not use the previous tier the next time they face?

Sounds good too. But currently some gyms like BR offer only 1 tier which is Doubles (if I read all well)

47 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Parece bom também. Mas atualmente algumas academias como a BR oferecem apenas 1 nível que é Doubles (se eu li bem)

I believe that each team should use the weapons they have at their disposal to their advantage to offer a worthy challenge to their Gym Leader.
Our team is very limited by being an exclusive team only of players of the same nationality, and this means that sometimes we can't recruit the most "acclaimed" names of the competitive in each tier, and that's exactly why we decided to choose by the Doubles tier in our Gym Leader.

I know that most people don't know how to play Doubles because it's the most different, difficult and complex tier, and having knowledge about this tier is what makes me able to provide a good challenge to any great player on any other team.

3 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

This event was maked with the intent of being for fun, but 3 tiers differents ends with the "fair to play" factor. for example: I only have team for OU and NU. If some gym leader choose to play on UU or Doubles, i can't get badge because i aren't rich enough to build a new team for those tiers, and i only have team for those tiers, which means that while i'm playing vs trainers, i must use both teams and Gym leaders can see the team and prepare itself against him. Not 100% certain that they will do this, buf if possible, they're 100% free to do this. I only aproove the rule to play on at least two tiers, on gym that have randoms. And on others, we have the option of choose play on one tier.

And when i say elite player on previous message, i didn't refer to players that have high skill on PvP, i'm refering to players that have money. Much money.

Note: If you want to play serious this event and not in a casual way, the world cup are close, play him, not those event. Let who want to play for fun, play here. I know that gym must be hard, but need to be controlled on a way that everyone have chances of playing and win at least one badge.

Edited by caioxlive13
24 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

This event was maked with the intent of being for fun, but 3 tiers differents ends with the "fair to play" factor. for example: I only have team for OU and NU. If some gym leader choose to play on UU or Doubles, i can't get badge because i aren't rich enough to build a new team for those tiers, and i only have team for those tiers, which means that while i'm playing vs trainers, i must use both teams and Gym leaders can see the team and prepare itself against him. Not 100% certain that they will do this, buf if possible, they're 100% free to do this. I only aproove the rule to play on at least two tiers, on gym that have randoms. And on others, we have the option of choose play on one tier.

And when i say elite player on previous message, i didn't refer to players that have high skill on PvP, i'm refering to players that have money. Much money.

Note: If you want to play serious this event and not in a casual way, the world cup are close, play him, not those event. Let who want to play for fun, play here. I know that gym must be hard, but need to be controlled on a way that everyone have chances of playing and win at least one badge.

All my events intent is to be fun. I wouldn't do them otherwise.

You have 8 weeks, you can make a team or borrow from a team mate/friend if you really wanted a badge.

Also fun is subjective and you don't find this idea fun, in which case I'd suggest you go play some ladder matches instead, you can pick your tier there.

1 hour ago, JhowCrazy said:

I believe that each team should use the weapons they have at their disposal to their advantage to offer a worthy challenge to their Gym Leader.
Our team is very limited by being an exclusive team only of players of the same nationality, and this means that sometimes we can't recruit the most "acclaimed" names of the competitive in each tier, and that's exactly why we decided to choose by the Doubles tier in our Gym Leader.

I know that most people don't know how to play Doubles because it's the most different, difficult and complex tier, and having knowledge about this tier is what makes me able to provide a good challenge to any great player on any other team.

It is a good point. I think I am just afraid that for some badges, you enter a loophole of gym leaders gatekeeping their badges (which is something they should do) in a way that isn't fun/entertaining for the challenger (systematically being challenged on a tier they don't play). I think having a gym like yours where there's only 1 tier/format is interesting, I just pointed out that Kaynine ruling would not work here. But it could however solve the problem I mentioned above. 

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

All my events intent is to be fun. I wouldn't do them otherwise.

You have 8 weeks, you can make a team or borrow from a team mate/friend if you really wanted a badge.

Also fun is subjective and you don't find this idea fun, in which case I'd suggest you go play some ladder matches instead, you can pick your tier there.

The problem is people tryhard the event, and if you don't have, at minimum... 500+ wins on matchmaking, 3 tours winned, and a PSL champion title, you couldn't win a single match in most part of gyms, because the Gyms, instead of being Medium to Hard challenge, that even without those skill, you still have a chance, is Expert to Impossible. 

A example: BR Gym Leader, Jhowteon, only accept challenges on doubles. Most part of players don't play doubles. So, it's expert through impossible, win the badge, just because they have experience on a dead tier. I know that those thing is to make hard to beat gym, but if will force us to play on two tiers at least, the Gym leader must follow the rule and leave two options of tier to challenge him.

Edited by caioxlive13

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.