[PGC 1] PokeMMO Gym Challenge

8 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I think that takes away the point of this event though. Players having to adapt and improve in tiers they wouldn't normally play can be rewarded here.

Remember, if you really can't get a badge because you're not experienced enough in their tier, you can still get to the final bracket. You don't need 8 badges but those that do will take priority.

16 BR players: Okay, we have our 8 badges(They don't need to challenge their own gym.).
Other players that don't play doubles and need to learn all mechanics from metagaming in less than 8 weeks : 🤬(They need to get the BR badge and the rest before BR players do.)

Edited by caioxlive13
On 7/8/2022 at 7:40 PM, JhowCrazy said:

Good players adapt quickly to any tier or game format, whether OU/NU or Singles/Doubles, so honestly I wouldn't mind one bit if there was another gym with a unique, leader-specific tier (even if it was mine weakest tier) as we have enough time to challenge everyone multiple times, and I'm pretty sure I'm capable of beating anyone in any game mode.

The problem is just the fact of players need to adapt themselves to Doubles, Build a team from scratch with 0 knowledge about metagaming, no VR to help(With the new HA, everthing changed on all metas. Doubles aren't a exception), and for players that says that have VR for doubles, the VR are more Outdated than Mario Franchise, no matches on MM to watch(the tier is a dead tier, so found a match to watch is rare) and have a idea of mons used in tier, and after this, he need to farm all the money to build the team, if he/she aren't a Rich player(case of 90% of players that are playing this event, including the veterans that certainly spend all of their money in RP to get the vanitys of 10th anniversary and now are on waiting to him get a higher value),  and play against Jhowteon, that are expected to be a professional in tier. All of this, in less than 8 weeks. While you are runniing against the time to collect other gym's badges.

My purpose is allow Gym leaders to play in which tiers he want, but at least two tiers must be avaliable, to be fair with everyone that don't have team for doubles. OR, allow us to challenge Gym leaders and trainers on Pokémon Showdown(With the teams of PokéMMO and same limitations.). Remember, thanks to @Quinn010, we have a server on Showdown to play, so why not use it?

Edited by caioxlive13

Hey everyone. Some updates here: 

• Players defending a gym will now earn a win from the challenger's gym if they beat them and the challenger is part of a gym themselves. Earning a win this way will bypass any of the opposing gyms rules/cooldowns.
Example: If Draekyn challenges Lava's gym and KaynineXL accepts his challenge, KaynineXL will earn a win from VOW's gym if he beats Draekyn.

The finale tournament prize pool has been decided:
-1st place - 50m
-2nd place - 20m
-3rd/4th place - 10m each
-5th/8th place - 6.75m each

How the finale will work has mostly been decided and you will hear about it in the next few days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.