PSL Teams or WC Discussion

PSL Teams or World Cup  

143 members have voted

1. 1. PSL Teams or World Cup

If no one hosted it yet it’s because most of the good teams of this game aren’t active anymore/ as active as the first edition of the Psl Teams.

I don’t think anyone is gonna enjoy watching the most random teams fighting eachother while clicking buttons.

Also I might be too oldschool but I believe those important events should only be hosted by players who are known and trusted by a very large part of the competitive community, I don’t think anyone coming out of nowhere can host this kind of events. 

14 minutes ago, Aerun said:

If no one hosted it yet it’s because most of the good teams of this game aren’t active anymore/ as active as the first edition of the Psl Teams.

I don’t think anyone is gonna enjoy watching the most random teams fighting eachother while clicking buttons.

Also I might be too oldschool but I believe those important events should only be hosted by players who are known and trusted by a very large part of the competitive community, I don’t think anyone coming out of nowhere can host this kind of events. 

Isn't part of the requirements to have won at least 1 TT and have a couple of players with official wins? Can't be that random if these requirements have to be fulfilled. 

Still agree with your point tho. 

1 hour ago, Aerun said:

Speaking as a player- a poll that lasts 1 day should not be an indicator for the reason Aerun listed

3 hours ago, Aerun said:

This sounds so elitist tbh. Who says PSL should be reserved for the select few? "Random" teams can and should play comp too. I personally would like to see up and coming teams battle it out rather than the same old faces. 

Besides, the "good teams" from before are largely inactive as you said. That's even more reason to include new blood in these kinds of events. Otherwise, I doubt you'd have enough people for PSL Teams lmao

Edited by whilt
4 hours ago, Aerun said:

so true the aerun very smart ^_^ (also rn half of the people dont trust gasai that pretty much say we dont trust gasai as a host)

Edited by Quinn010

I think the bigger issue is the number of these type of events coming up.

We're finishing off LC PSL which will likely finish when the anniversary event does, which means there'll be around a four month gap until the Halloween event and the planning of the next PSL (the main tradition for competitive players).

In-between this we will have the PokeMMO Challenge League and PokeMMO Gym Challenge (hype) clashing with each other and likely to occur for one or two months. Alongside this we have people wanting World Cup with all the drama it brings, so someone else will need to host that, gather donations and make sure it's hyped. People will also probably be busy in the summer now that restrictions have ended in most countries so may not always be available.

If there's enough hype and donations for these events and players are committed throughout multiple events then fair enough, but in the long-term having all of these events will just put some players off from investing in new ones due to repetitiveness, etc.

Hidden Abilities coming will bring back some of the old competitive players sure, but will they want to participate is another story.

TLDR - A nice idea in principle and the last one was successful, but I don't think there's any need for it this year.

Edited by Imperial
4 hours ago, Aerun said:

I understand your points but the grace of these events is that inactive players/teams return to play, and I don't remember that I was someone who came out of nowhere being that I am known throughout the Latin American, European and even Asian community ( and USA, ofc), if for you I am maybe you should update yourself a little when you want to argue that kind of points.

Also remember that with the changes in the game, many players are coming back or at least are more active.

Edited by GasaiYunoSan
35 minutes ago, Imperial said:

I think the bigger issue is the number of these type of events coming up.

We're finishing off LC PSL which will likely finish when the anniversary event does, which means there'll be around a four month gap until the Halloween event and the planning of the next PSL (the main tradition for competitive players).

In-between this we will have the PokeMMO Challenge League and PokeMMO Gym Challenge (hype) clashing with each other and likely to occur for one or two months. Alongside this we have people wanting World Cup with all the drama it brings, so someone else will need to host that, gather donations and make sure it's hyped. People will also probably be busy in the summer now that restrictions have ended in most countries so may not always be available.

If there's enough hype and donations for these events and players are committed throughout multiple events then fair enough, but in the long-term having all of these events will just put some players off from investing in new ones due to repetitiveness, etc.

Hidden Abilities coming will bring back some of the old competitive players sure, but will they want to participate is another story.

TLDR - A nice idea in principle and the last one was successful, but I don't think there's any need for it this year.

The problem with PCL is that this is an event dedicated to different game modes that many players will not want to play, I have nothing against PCL but it should not be an event that obstructs the calendar of events.
PCG for its part is a different event, while it has good hopes of success, it should not be an event of the type that interrupts the calendar of events.