PSL Teams or WC Discussion

PSL Teams or World Cup  

143 members have voted

1. 1. PSL Teams or World Cup

1 minute ago, Mitchell88 said:

So closing the poll after 1 day, and not allowing players to vote what makes you think most players prefer team psl over world cup why not keep the poll open, also I am chinese and rather player in world cup will also contribute 35m to it. 1480437940_Screenshot_20220628-061631_SamsungInternet.jpg.cc9561ddeadfaa1bfdff7033b0d80ff1.jpg

I could re-open it, if GasaiYunoSan agrees on doing it

1 hour ago, Mitchell88 said:

Well already got 50m for world cup and someone wants to host + his donations that 60m already but yeah better to wait till anniversary is over and let that player post a thread

I'll keep on trying to collect more donations from my Chinese friends

20 minutes ago, Tear said:

ok i made the logo for this season in january and it was never done ?

i mean, this was planned to be done since january but there is an excess of consecutive events

well i threw my idea about pcl after psl ended you sometimes gotta wait 

13 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

why not host event like psl but 6xou i think that's the most competitive format and also better with h.a and stuff 

It wouldn't be fair to exclude people who play lower levels, but if we can remove LC kekw

5 minutes ago, Huargensy said:

It wouldn't be fair to exclude people who play lower levels, but if we can remove LC kekw

i am a lower tier player and i think uu rn is a mess excluding uu lc etc is unfair best solution is just only ou the best tier right now (this is just my opinion if you guys want to host horrible pvp content with this trash uu thats up to you guys)

Edited by Quinn010
  • GasaiYunoSan changed the title to PSL Teams or WC Discussion
5 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

i am a lower tier player and i think uu rn is a mess excluding uu lc etc is unfair best solution is just only ou the best tier right now (this is just my opinion if you guys want to host horrible pvp content with this trash uu thats up to you guys)

In fact, we currently know that UU is a disaster, they uploaded many things at the same time and there is no time to really discuss them, but I doubt they will do any psl this month, probably 2 or 3 will happen, so by then it should be more normalized

22 minutes ago, Huargensy said:

In fact, we currently know that UU is a disaster, they uploaded many things at the same time and there is no time to really discuss them, but I doubt they will do any psl this month, probably 2 or 3 will happen, so by then it should be more normalized

well if we host a tournament in 3 months then it's fine but i feel like people want a event rn for some reason 

Honestly it does not matter what event is hosted or who hosts  ethier team psl gasai/rdl ill always contribute and donate to the community. But if that player is actually donating 50m and asking his friends for more money, let them host world cup my suggestion to the spanish teams who actually want team psl host a spanish pokemon league  with only spanish teams wich you guys can do every year without worrying about the rest of the community ill also contribute and help towards it.

Edited by MathewMat
12 minutes ago, isi1993 said:

I'm a bit confused, the community asks for WC, right? I would have no problem hosting him if accepted, but I would need volunteers who speak English, French or Chinese to help me to host

Dont do anything until part 3

I personally would prefer the World Cup seeing as the existance of the yearly World Cup and the dream of representing my country was one of the things that led me to start playing PokeMMO.

But I do think that for a succesfull World Cup we should definetely wait a few months in order for the new HA abilities to settle in (expecting new HA in the last patch), the tiers to settle down and then move forward with it. 

Organization wise (for the World Cup) we should probably decide who is going to host and co host it...get the ball rolling on this is crucial.

If going for PSL Teams...my main concern again is for schedulling issues...having PSL Teams means no World Cup?! Or rushed World Cup? Or rushed PSL Teams? It's better to have a well organized event than 2 rushed ones.

From feedback in the PokeMMO Colosseum discord the feeling regarding the World Cup is that it has become a bit of meme tournament due to the lack of seriousness and transparency involved. I think we should definetely reverse this given the prestige and respect that a World Cup deserves.

I've spoken to some chinese players and I know they are very hyped about the World Cup again this year, they are probably looking for a back to back victory. Would love for someone to try to prove them wrong.

National hype!!! (all in good fun of course)

24 minutes ago, Unnefable said:

I personally would prefer the World Cup seeing as the existance of the yearly World Cup and the dream of representing my country was one of the things that led me to start playing PokeMMO.

But I do think that for a succesfull World Cup we should definetely wait a few months in order for the new HA abilities to settle in (expecting new HA in the last patch), the tiers to settle down and then move forward with it. 

Organization wise (for the World Cup) we should probably decide who is going to host and co host it...get the ball rolling on this is crucial.

If going for PSL Teams...my main concern again is for schedulling issues...having PSL Teams means no World Cup?! Or rushed World Cup? Or rushed PSL Teams? It's better to have a well organized event than 2 rushed ones.

From feedback in the PokeMMO Colosseum discord the feeling regarding the World Cup is that it has become a bit of meme tournament due to the lack of seriousness and transparency involved. I think we should definetely reverse this given the prestige and respect that a World Cup deserves.

I've spoken to some chinese players and I know they are very hyped about the World Cup again this year, they are probably looking for a back to back victory. Would love for someone to try to prove them wrong.

National hype!!! (all in good fun of course)

The thing about Worldcup is that the quality of gameplay is really low.  Many countries (mine included) struggle to find decent players to fill all the necessary spots. 

Another problem is player sign up for other countries and you really can't do anything about it. As I said before I in theory could sign up for the Netherlands as well as for France and Germany since I have the citizenship (afaik there is no guidelines for it, correct me if I am wrong) or the country I currently live in.

Psl teams on the other hand is difficult for now because many of the teams that could sign up are dead (Nore as example) or changed the name (Big part of V4 becoming Vow) or other teams that are stacked but were founded recently like [NoHa] can't sign up. I feel that if we would make exceptions from the sign up criteria that might hurt the integrity of the tournament. 

Another thing is that this year allready had alot of big tournaments, it is so saturated that I don't see or feel any hype for the end of a 500m(!) price pool tournament. 

TL DR: Game is dead 

Edited by CaptnBaklava

I've been discussing the sign up situation for the World Cup with multiple people and I think it is something that can be handled better in the future following some fine tuning in the sign up guidelines. 

13 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Another thing is that this year allready had alot of big tournaments, it is so saturated that I don't see or feel any hype for the end of a 500m(!) price pool tournament. 

This was being discussed a couple of days ago and I agree that given the amount of diverse interest across multiple formats of tiers/tournament styles/regions etc perhaps one idea would be to form a Tournament Council (let's call it TC!! hehe) or something of the sort to coordinate tournament hosting and scheduling. 

Define some yearly staples...(let's say for example and argument sake) World Cup and PSL are yearly staples...define when these should be held...so these would be the "BIG" tournaments of the year, the rest of the year would be left open for upcoming tournament formats/styles,new organizers etc to try their hand.

This way it would be easy for the community to both follow and prepare for upcoming tournaments because they would know when and what to expect.

2 hours ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Lo que pasa con Worldcup es que la calidad del juego es realmente baja. Muchos países (incluido el mío) luchan por encontrar jugadores decentes para llenar todos los lugares necesarios. 

Otro problema es que los jugadores se registran en otros países y realmente no puedes hacer nada al respecto. Como dije antes, en teoría podría inscribirme en los Países Bajos, así como en Francia y Alemania, ya que tengo la ciudadanía (afaik, no hay pautas para ello, corríjame si me equivoco) o el país en el que vivo actualmente.

Los equipos de Psl, por otro lado, son difíciles por ahora porque muchos de los equipos que podrían inscribirse están muertos (Nore como ejemplo) o cambiaron el nombre (Gran parte de V4 se convirtió en Vow) u otros equipos que están apilados pero se fundaron recientemente como [ NoHa] no puede registrarse. Siento que si hiciéramos excepciones a los criterios de registro, eso podría dañar la integridad del torneo. 

Otra cosa es que este año ya hubo muchos grandes torneos, está tan saturado que no veo ni siento ninguna expectativa por el final de un torneo de 500 millones (!) de precios acumulados. 

TL DR: El juego está muerto 

I have several ideas in mind to solve several of the problems that happened, but obviously I need at least a month, so I would make the post in time and open a donation account, vote on the rules so that it was as good as possible.

2 hours ago, CaptnBaklava said:

The thing about Worldcup is that the quality of gameplay is really low.  Many countries (mine included) struggle to find decent players to fill all the necessary spots. 

Another problem is player sign up for other countries and you really can't do anything about it. As I said before I in theory could sign up for the Netherlands as well as for France and Germany since I have the citizenship (afaik there is no guidelines for it, correct me if I am wrong) or the country I currently live in.

Psl teams on the other hand is difficult for now because many of the teams that could sign up are dead (Nore as example) or changed the name (Big part of V4 becoming Vow) or other teams that are stacked but were founded recently like [NoHa] can't sign up. I feel that if we would make exceptions from the sign up criteria that might hurt the integrity of the tournament. 

TL DR: Game is dead 

I wonder why NoHa couldn't enter, i think we met the four criteria that were used to select the participants for the first edition of the PSL Teams. First of all, being a recognized team in the community, yes, we are relatively new, but seeing that you even know that Noha exists, i can assume that we are not strangers in the community. Second, we have 81 members, i can assure you that we have more than 20 active members. The third point, five players with official tournaments, we have more than 5, huargensy, llatios, wallarro, zlumiere, zmauri, clayclover, others who have won shinys from official tournaments but at this moment i don't remember them, in addition to the fact that we have players who have won seasonal tournaments, so i guess we meet that criteria. And, finally, contributing 2M to the prize, i don't think we have a problem with that. So....1901553988_Capturadepantalla2022-06-29114234.png.5a1408fb775f7d0249758d2f83716c38.png