Hidden Ability Pill in the future

Hichorizo

Question

hey so i just did a 5x31iv gligar but i remembered that there isn't a way to get hidden ability for pokemon actually.

so i thought that it would be great to add a system with dungeons where you can get some hidden abillity pills to give it to your pokemon..?

ps : sorry if my english is bad im french !

12 answers to this question

The dev team are already implementing a similar item known as an ability patch.

I personally hope they make the ability patch only useable by people with full OT dex because it doesn't make sense for a person who hasn't mastered capturing pokemon to have the ability to bring out a pokemon's HA. 

Its almost like a person starting the game being able to control lv100 xd. There should be stages to this 

- unlock breeding -> get the ability to use ability pill

- complete OT dex -> get the ability to use ability patch.

Edited by BrokenJoker
41 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

I personally hope they make the ability patch only useable by people with full OT dex because it doesn't make sense for a person who hasn't mastered capturing pokemon to have the ability to bring out a pokemon's HA. 

Its almost like a person starting the game being able to control lv100 xd. There should be stages to this 

I like the idea

42 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

yeah exactly it's a very good idea

3 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

It makes totally sense, not everyone care about pokedex, for example i do only pvp and i'll never get a full ot dex.

Yeah I agree it sucks big time they are trying to use HA as a "feature" to force us to breed pokemon with HA.

It would be great if they could just add it as a pill instead of this "alpha" pokemon nonsense.

I said it 4 years ago before we had this and I'll say it again now; nobody wants to rebreed their pokemon to get a HA in them; a item; even if only gained as a reward from a dungeon would be a billion times better than what they have planned with forcing us all to rebreed our pokemon to get HA.

Edited by greenspade
On 6/27/2022 at 6:10 AM, BrokenJoker said:

I think this idea sucks big time.

I think its a way of gatekeeping that would prevent newer players from being as competitive in the pvp scene.

I feel this is punishing players who do not enjoy the "capture every pokemon" goal or quest that some people adopt onto themselves.

I feel this would be punishing players who just want to focus on pvp.

I feel this would be punishing players who want to have multiple characters since it would force them to spend all their time and investment onto one in order to "be able to do what everyone else can do and get the hidden ability pill so they can be on the same playing field as other pvpers"

Honestly this whole alpha pokemon thing feels bad.

We should just have a ability pill, like for common abilities.

On 9/17/2022 at 7:08 AM, greenspade said:

I think its a way of gatekeeping that would prevent newer players from being as competitive in the pvp scene.

In any MMO newer players will always be punished for not playing enough to get to the end game, they are punished by not getting access or not being able to use stuff. If they don't feel like grinding for the ability then why should they be rewarded with it. It's how the entire game works anyway from being able to use cut all the way to getting the ability to breed. So placing some sort of grind requirement to get or change abilities is consistent with how the game works already.

I feel this would be punishing players who just want to focus on pvp.

Its simply not possible to focus solely on one playstyle without being punished in pokemmo. For example if you only focus on shunting then you're not getting rewarded pvp exclusive cosmetics and if you only pvp then you're going to struggle to get money to buy or breed mons. Again this is how the game works. Focusing on one playstyle will almost guarantee you a disadvantage anyway (its more of a solo playstyle issue than anything else). 

I feel this would be punishing players who want to have multiple characters since it would force them to spend all their time and investment onto one in order to "be able to do what everyone else can do and get the hidden ability pill so they can be on the same playing field as other pvpers"

Having multiple characters shouldn't automatically grant the user abilities they haven't worked for anyway. So yea they should get punished. If getting multiple incomplete characters had the same advantage (on each of the characters) as someone who has a single maxed out character then it would be unfair to the person who grinded the maxed out character. If other pvpers put in the work to be able to do it then why should a person with multiple incomplete characters be given a pass?

Spoiler

On 9/17/2022 at 7:03 AM, greenspade said:

It would be great if they could just add it as a pill instead of this "alpha" pokemon nonsense.

Honestly this whole alpha pokemon thing feels bad.

Getting alphas was just as easy as fighting pheno mons they weren't that difficult to capture. They were meant to be a gift for logging in daily during the event. You weren't supposed to get more than one of each anyway which is why they limited you to only being able to capture one of each alpha swarm. The fact that they became expensive is because people got greedy and wanted more than one for various reasons. For those who wanted the alphas to get HAs they got punished for being impatient because Alphas weren't meant to be the be all and end all for HAs they just have a side effect of being able to pass HA's.

Just enjoy the Alpha for now and wait for a better method to get HA's when p3 gets here. 

We should just have a ability pill, like for common abilities.

They gave us plenty information hinting to a HA patch or pill

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

image.png.3a07eefe0cd886772a4c399032d5d210.png

It literally took less effort to put those spoilers than it was to find this. As to what it is I leave to you imagination.

48 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

In any MMO newer players will always be punished for not playing enough to get to the end game, they are punished by not getting access or not being able to use stuff. If they don't feel like grinding for the ability then why should they be rewarded with it. It's how the entire game works anyway from being able to use cut all the way to getting the ability to breed. So placing some sort of grind requirement to get or change abilities is consistent with how the game works already.

Its simply not possible to focus solely on one playstyle without being punished in pokemmo. For example if you only focus on shunting then you're not getting rewarded pvp exclusive cosmetics and if you only pvp then you're going to struggle to get money to buy or breed mons. Again this is how the game works. Focusing on one playstyle will almost guarantee you a disadvantage anyway (its more of a solo playstyle issue than anything else). 

Having multiple characters shouldn't automatically grant the user abilities they haven't worked for anyway. So yea they should get punished. If getting multiple incomplete characters had the same advantage (on each of the characters) as someone who has a single maxed out character then it would be unfair to the person who grinded the maxed out character. If other pvpers put in the work to be able to do it then why should a person with multiple incomplete characters be given a pass?

Reveal hidden contents

Getting alphas was just as easy as fighting pheno mons they weren't that difficult to capture. They were meant to be a gift for logging in daily during the event. You weren't supposed to get more than one of each anyway which is why they limited you to only being able to capture one of each alpha swarm. The fact that they became expensive is because people got greedy and wanted more than one for various reasons. For those who wanted the alphas to get HAs they got punished for being impatient because Alphas weren't meant to be the be all and end all for HAs they just have a side effect of being able to pass HA's.

Just enjoy the Alpha for now and wait for a better method to get HA's when p3 gets here. 

They gave us plenty information hinting to a HA patch or pill

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3a07eefe0cd886772a4c399032d5d210.png

It literally took less effort to put those spoilers than it was to find this. As to what it is I leave to you imagination.

"So placing some sort of grind requirement to get or change abilities is consistent with how the game works already."

So grinding for money, in order to buy an ability pill, that is consistent with how the game works already, is somehow not?

Your confusing the two here; I'm not saying ZERO grind requirements; an ability pill requires money and thats grind.

I just think locking it behind something that people don't want to do - like myself - is really stupid.  Not only does this gatekeep away from people who are new, but it also gatekeeps away from people who dont actually want to catch all pokemon and just want to pvp.

Wild concept I know; but majority of the pvp scene isn't here to catch'em all; they are here to pvp; your ignoring this fact in this suggestion.

"If other pvpers put in the work to be able to do it then why should a person with multiple incomplete characters be given a pass?"

This is exactly why I think it shouldn't be put in the game; I dont think there should be a requirement to catch every pokemon in the game before your able to actually pvp on a serious level, its again gatekeeping people out of the pvp scene mainly new players who already have a hard grind ahead of them; why pretend they dont?

Nobody is getting a "pass" if nobody needs to do this at all. If everybody can spend their GRIND money on an ability pill that COSTS GRIND MONEY than its no different than any other money sinkhole exchanging grind money for a item; they still need to grind and do something for it; its not a free pass; its not free; you gotta pay for an ability pill they are not free; you gotta pay for breeding braces they are not free; why you guys think these items are free cuz they dont cost 1.6m is beyond me.

I think your honestly missing the point; "you need to grind for it" Why? HA should be part of the game, not withheld to create 'features" like this; it should already be in the game; pokemon should naturally have them; restricting part of the game is silly.

"
The fact that they became expensive is because people got greedy and wanted more than one for various reasons. "

Wait what? You don't know about buddy with 10 variants of infernape? 

Why WOULDNT people want multiples of them? Are you daft? Every pvper is going to want like a minimum of 1 to 5 of these.

The whole limited edition thing is by far the worst idea to ever happen here.

Even worse than the orignal dungeon idea where it cycled pokemon each day, at least that way you had a chance to access them; anyone who missed that event has no hope of getting one outside of buying it and no forseeable event coming in the future; this sucks and to suggest it doesn't suck is bloody ignorant cuz all new players cannot get them, they missed the event, this is just bad game design.

Edited by greenspade
39 minutes ago, greenspade said:

So grinding for money, in order to buy an ability pill, that is consistent with how the game works already, is somehow not?

Thats exactly right some things can be unlocked through grinding for money and some things cannot be unlocked that way. Take randoms pvp cosmetics for example no amount of grinding for cash will make the game reward you those cosmetics. The majority of people who play to collect cosmetics don't want to pvp, they just want cosmetics, but the only way they will ever get the randoms cosmetics is to grind pvp. So yea that is how pokemmo works not all grinding can be bypassed by having cash and HAs being implemented as such is not new.

1 hour ago, greenspade said:

Why WOULDNT people want multiples of them? Are you daft? Every pvper is going to want like a minimum of 1 to 5 of these.

No one will stop you from wanting a lot of alphas but the system will punish you (by hurting your wallet) for using alphas in a way they werent meant to be used.

They were meant to be a gift for logging in daily during the event.

Alphas weren't meant to be the be all and end all for HAs

wait for a better method to get HA's when p3 gets here.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:03 AM, greenspade said:

I said it 4 years ago before we had this and I'll say it again now; nobody wants to rebreed their pokemon to get a HA in them; a item; even if only gained as a reward from a dungeon would be a billion times better than what they have planned with forcing us all to rebreed our pokemon to get HA.

You only need to breed mons again to get HA if the mon are a Clefairy/Clefable, Eeveelution, Pikachu/Raichu, or Meowth/Persian. But:

The only HA that you will really want between those is Clefable Unaware , Pikachu Lighting Rod and Espeon Magic Bounce. Occasionaly Raichu Lighting Rod/Clefairy Friend Guard(If you play MMO VGC), Leafeon Chrolophyll(For Sun teams) and Flareon Guts(For Trick Room Teams). Other HA or are complete garbage(Jolteon Quick Feet) or their Regular ability is simply better(Meowth Pickup > Unnerve or Synchronize > Inner Focus , on Umbreon.)

Rest of HA, for all starters except blaziken, you can use the ability patch and, iirc, there is no restrictions in which mon you use(if are breeded or not, or gift pvp/event/tour).

Edited by caioxlive13
On 6/27/2022 at 10:10 AM, BrokenJoker said:

Sure, let's make the item untradable to screw people with no time or desire to complete the dex! 😄