Ability Patch - OT dex

Hey guys,

I don't quite understand how to complete the OT Dex so I can get an Ability Patch. If, for one, I wanted to complete the Kanto Dex, I'd have to actually catch (NOT buy on gtl) every single Poke on the Kanto Dex bar the legendaries (Moltres etc), right? Do I have to one catch Mewtwo so it appears "caught" in my dex?

1 hour ago, MMOcritic said:

I can say that if you buy a Pokémon let's say bulbasaur off the GTL, then proceed to breed it with an OT ditto that you caught, the baby bulbasaur will be OT.

this is not true if i remember correctly

1 hour ago, MMOcritic said:

I can say that if you buy a Pokémon let's say bulbasaur off the GTL, then proceed to breed it with an OT ditto that you caught, the baby bulbasaur will be OT. So you can go ahead and buy the rarer ones off GTL and breed with ditto to get your OT

This is true only if you have them in your OT dex already, if you don't you will get OT* which does not count towards dex completion.

28 minutes ago, MMOcritic said:

Will OT* make the pokedex entry green?

Nope. OT* means one of the parents making the Pokemon wasn't your OT in the Pokedex to begin with, meaning the baby will not enter your OT Pokedex neither

For a Pokedex entry to go green you will need to catch the Pokemon yourself

19 minutes ago, Aleventinove said:

Slightly off topic, but can you confirm that you cannot choose the ability patch type, rather you're automatically given it based on the starter that you chose in that region?

The Hidden Ability patch type is the same type as your starter in that region.

I completed the Hoenn OT dex, Started with Torchic, so I was given the fire Patch.

Hope this makes sence to people

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Serfagorn said:

when you complete the pokedex, where you can take those patches?

Once the OT Pokedex is complete for that region, there is a female scientist in the lab in each region. Speak to her in the region the Pokedex is complete to claim your Ability Patch.

You can use it in your bag screen, and is consumed after use.

• 4 months later...
On 7/2/2022 at 9:14 AM, Elizn said:

Mewtwo also wont count towards OT Pokedex progression

Just everything you can catch in the wild c: 

Hi.

Actually I just managed to complete my OT pokedex of kanto (in my alt account), except seeing zapdos and mewtwo, and I didn't get the patch...

Apparently I have to see them too.

Edited by MasterAND
9 hours ago, MasterAND said:

Hi.

Actually I just managed to complete my OT pokedex of kanto (in my alt account), except seeing zapdos and mewtwo, and I didn't get the patch...

Apparently I have to see them too.

kanto pokedex is not the first 150 pokemon