Your Guide to Safer and Faster Shiny Hunting (WIP)

If you want your claydol to be able to get the shiny koffing down to 1 hp, you can give it trick + focus sash (instead of rest and leftovers).

You can trick the focus sash on to the shiny and hit it with extrasensory. (focus sash wont be used up)

Edited by essigessenz
13 minutes ago, essigessenz said:

If you want your claydol to be able to get the shiny koffing down to 1 hp, you can give it trick + focus sash (instead of rest and leftovers).

You can trick the focus sash on to the shiny and hit it with extrasensory. (focus sash wont be used up)

Thank you for sharing this! Would it be okay if I mentioned it in my guide? I will give you credit of course.

• SacredDiver changed the title to Your Guide to Safer and Faster Hiny Hunting (WIP)
32 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Nice. 

For Hoppip you can also use Taunt with a regular Mandibuzz whose Overcoat ability bypass Rage Powder. 

Oh wow, I haven't thought of that. Would you mind if I included this in my guide?

3 hours ago, SacredDiver said:

Oh wow, I haven't thought of that. Would you mind if I included this in my guide?

Don't mind. Also, all grass types are immune to it. So any grass type with taunt will do, although its less good because of weakness to Bounce. The taunt strat is less good than Smeargle because you can get parahax with Bounce and fail to taunt the shiny the second time. I recommend making your pokemon hold Flame Orb so you don't get para. 

Edited by Poufilou
21 hours ago, repposh said:

Nice guide, you should change the magikarp thing for the ditto as i believe if it transforms into it and thats its only move it will have just 5 pp (all moves do after transformation) so its close to struggling, its best to have a bunch of weak or useless moves but not just one.

That's a really good point, I totally forgot to take that into account. Thank you!

• SacredDiver changed the title to Your Guide to Safer and Faster Shiny Hunting (WIP)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

About Perish Song:

On 7/3/2022 at 4:20 AM, SacredDiver said:

the move seems to be bugged, it only affects the target and not the user or the rest of the horde. In fact, this means that you don't currently need to use any of the two mentioned strategies because only your Pokémon will gain a perish count.

It's not a bug. I made a ticket about this on October last year and according to the response I got from staff, it's expected behavior for horde battles.

Feel free to lead with a sync or cute charmer mon without fear.

perish_song.thumb.png.346c2936848be829333a829c6f7e4be1.png.

Edited by Serlocke
14 hours ago, Serlocke said:

About Perish Song:

It's not a bug. I made a ticket about this on October last year and according to the response I got from staff, it's expected behavior for horde battles.

Feel free to lead with a sync or cute charmer mon without fear.

perish_song.thumb.png.346c2936848be829333a829c6f7e4be1.png.

Many thanks for the valuable input. I will edit the main post to mention that the behavior of the move is intentional in hordes.