PokeMMO World Cup 5th Edition - Kick Off Announcement

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Dubs is not needed either.

i agree but that's a fight we can't win i think its reasonable to exclude lc from this tournament. we still have psl and lcpl for lc so there are plenty of tournaments that include lc.

3 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

However LC appeared as a tier on PSL. 

Because you can choose who you draft in PSL, in World Cup you can not. Not to mention many people (myself included) did not want LC in PSL. Many teams will be stuck with putting someone in LC who has never played before. Not to mention the skills in OU / UU / NU don't really translate over into LC since there's a ton of different mechanics, so those who are forced to play will be at a low level of play.

2 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

However LC appeared as a tier on PSL. 

yes you gotta realise some countries lost on default because no lc player. also you usually you get that experienced players are forced to play the tier lc since no one wants to do it. i remember  halott being forced to play lc. 

1 hour ago, Poufilou said:

i agree

removing LC from world cup is probably better for most players.

So, the new rotation of tiers: 
OU/UU/NU/DB/Home Captain Choose/Away Captain Choose

And now will have  problem on matches, because will end too quickly. I sugggest to every "Match" (between players, not teams) being held on a 3-match series, with each win on series awarding 1 point. Only to get more matches and more hype during tour.

16 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Por lo tanto, la nueva rotación de niveles: 
OU/UU/NU/DB/Capitán local elige/Capitán visitante elige

Y ahora tendrá problemas en los partidos, porque terminará demasiado rápido. Sugiero que cada "Partido" (entre jugadores, no equipos) se lleve a cabo en una serie de 3 partidos, con cada victoria en la serie otorgando 1 punto. Solo para obtener más partidos y más publicidad durante la gira.

Bo3 for match? No ty 

48 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

And now will have  problem on matches, because will end too quickly. I sugggest to every "Match" (between players, not teams) being held on a 3-match series, with each win on series awarding 1 point. Only to get more matches and more hype during tour.

bo3 slot is hype i agree with this ou uu nu bo3 make it happend !!!

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

bo3 matches consume too much time, it means if you can play only a couple hours and your opponent can't afford a schedule in your freetime or vice versa(it happened in Lab PSL) you will be forced to play with no a real strat or sub with a player who maybe is not ready. Not like you and/or your opponent gonna spam the same team 3 time in a row

okay... Whatever, LC, on my opinion, need to stay on World Cup. Some players say: Isn't because some countries can't provide a LC player, is reason to remove him. Doubles is a dead tier. After randoms introduction, things get worse. Some teams have lack of players that play Doubles. Even with this, Bearminator simply remove Doubles from TT? No, he don't, and in Last Cup of Year, he don't complain about [BR]Brasil(The imposters. They don't represent Brazil Anymore, only the most riches of country.) select doubles as a 5th tier. So, they are Right. Lack of players isn't reason to remove LC. Now, if the intention is remove some format like Metronome Battle, the format must be removed, and aren't because lack of players, and yes is because the tier is around 100% luck, full anticompetitive.

Edited by caioxlive13
4 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

okay... Whatever, LC, on my opinion, need to stay on World Cup. Some players say: Isn't because some countries can't provide a LC player, is reason to remove him. Doubles is a dead tier. After randoms introduction, things get worse. Some teams have lack of players that play Doubles. Even with this, Bearminator simply remove Doubles from TT? No, he don't, and in Last Cup of Year, he don't complain about [BR]Brasil(The imposters. They don't represent Brazil Anymore, only the most riches of country.) select doubles as a 5th tier.

you miss the point doubles is a official tier lc is not. if there is dubs tt you can play few ladders games as practice. for lc this is not possible you see noobs play lc that got no idea what they doing and bring bad teams. (did people forget pedro brining scarf protect abra ?) 

2 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

okay... Whatever, LC, on my opinion, need to stay on World Cup. Some players say: Isn't because some countries can't provide a LC player, is reason to remove him. Doubles is a dead tier. After randoms introduction, things get worse. Some teams have lack of players that play Doubles. Even with this, Bearminator simply remove Doubles from TT? No, he don't, and in Last Cup of Year, he don't complain about [BR]Brasil(The imposters. They don't represent Brazil Anymore, only the most riches of country.) select doubles as a 5th tier.

Doubles is not even remotely comparable and your TT comparison makes absolutely no sense.
As has been said several times in this very thread, teams are not the same as countries as teams are able to recruit what they lack, tier coverage wise. Countries can’t. They have to roll with whoever lives there, regardless of what tier they main. 

Regarding Doubles, I have more trouble finding UU ladder games than Dubs, that’s anecdotal so let’s bare in mind that it’s the official mons format, we ain’t not playing that.

I don’t care if LC stays or goes one way or another, it doesn’t matter to me. Let’s just not talk out of our ass about things we barely begin to understand.

Hello everyone,

As you may all know the last 2 days since the announcement of the World Cup there was an issue brought to public regarding me doing some wintrading about a year ago during Season 4 which put into question my position as co host of this years World Cup.

I've since explained the situation to my co host as well as the council members and I've managed to have a private chat with @EYL and @Unnefable where I apologized to them both for my previous actions. At the time I didn't really think or consider how my actions could hurt other people and I was just helping out a friend. After that I was banned for a week by the PokeMMO staff and was made aware of problems that my actions caused. I haven't done it since and to be honest given the time passed I didn't even remember to mention this to my co host. For this I have already apologized to him as well and now I'd like to apologize to the community as a whole. I never intended to bring drama into this event or to dishonor it in anyway.

My only goal is to help make this the best World Cup ever for the community and the participants. I've been working behind the scenes to make this possible and I will continue to do so regardless of the outcome of the council's decision. I made a mistake, I learnt my lesson and I won't do that kind of thing again. I'm fully committed to helping the community by co hosting this World Cup.

Thank you for your consideration.

WilliamHE