PokeMMO World Cup 5th Edition - Kick Off Announcement

8 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

(The imposters. They don't represent Brazil Anymore, only the most riches of country.) 

Caio, before you started playing this shit, the current hosts of [BR] had already won a world cup for Brazil (World Cup 1) and in addition we won 3 Team Tournament in all, and we had the best performance among all teams of server in 2021, so before saying that we do not represent our country, remember that no other BR team has achieved even half of what we have achieved in the competitive scenario.

2 hours ago, JhowCrazy said:

Caio, before you started playing this shit, the current hosts of [BR] had already won a world cup for Brazil (World Cup 1) and in addition we won 3 Team Tournament in all, and we had the best performance among all teams of server in 2021, so before saying that we do not represent our country, remember that no other BR team has achieved even half of what we have achieved in the competitive scenario.

but on actual year of TT... 9th place, with serious risk of not qualify to Cup of the year. And actually your team don't have the better players of brazil anymore. A evidence: 2 from the 3 best-players of brazil in OU Leaderboard(the only relevant metagaming that are still active), aren't from [BR]. Meltdown plays for [Läva] and Clorokina are member of [Sevi]. Now only have some of the most riches of brazilian players in PokéMMO. Simillar to Soccer Team of Brazil. 5 titles of World Cup, however actually don't win even a American Cup. Who matter to your achiviements if your team cannot fear your opponents anymore?

Edited by caioxlive13

After talking it over with both WilliamHE and EYL and reviewing the situation with the remaining council members and seeing the positive response from the community to William's post we've decided to proceed with the organization of the World Cup with WilliamHE as one of our co hosts. We feel reassured by William's attitude and commitment to this event.

Moving onto more interesting topics ?

We'd like to announce that this year there will be a donation reward ladder system.

Like we mentioned in our opening post we want to make this a community driven event where both the watchers and participants get to benefit and enjoy the event.

We've been working behind the scenes with many community members to bring interesting rewards and ideas for all to enjoy and some to earn ?

During this Saturday's live stream I'll explain in further details how this donation reward ladder will work and announce some of the rewards we have already secured for the community to enjoy.

Get hyped! Donate!! Climb the ladder!!! 

unknown.png

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

but on actual year of TT... 9th place, with serious risk of not qualify to Cup of the year. And actually your team don't have the better players of brazil anymore. A evidence: 2 from the 3 best-players of brazil in OU Leaderboard(the only relevant metagaming that are still active), aren't from [BR]. Meltdown plays for [Läva] and Clorokina are member of [Sevi]. Now only have some of the most riches of brazilian players in PokéMMO. Simillar to Soccer Team of Brazil. 5 titles of World Cup, however actually don't win even a American Cup. Who matter to your achiviements if your team cannot fear your opponents anymore?

Are ranked or elo ever taken seriously? I always thought it was kind of irrelevant and meme.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're bad, but, dude, no one plays rank seriously.

9 hours ago, JhowCrazy said:

He lives in how own world...

Dear WC council and people which take the responsibility to host this monster of a tournament, 

First of all thank you for your effort! WC is always a great hype for me and a lot of fun for everyone participating (except the hosts ofc lol) 

Even tho there are one or two things on my mind which bugged me in all former WCs. 

Why do we have to bring so many players? There are a lot of small countries which can't bring the necessary amount of players so they have to join teams like Rest of Asia, Rest of Europe etc
I'm personally a good example, im from austria but played for Team Germany since i know no other competitive austrian players. If theres no Team Germany i would have to play for rest of europe. 
This year we probably won't be able to bring enough players to form a Team Germany if this constellation continues.

So my idea would be the following.

Don't bring LC into the format. Its outdated and not rlly played in PokeMMO anymore except for a few old players in some Einstein tournaments etc i would say.
5 Matches like OU UU NU Dubs and one of them double.

Ofc its not as easy as i think it is
But please keep it in mind atleast, so we can have a fun tournament with many different countries participating.

Sry for my bad english

Kisses and hugs
Your RexB

Everyone please remember that we are going live on the World Cup twitch channel in 3 hours and counting!! That is 23:00 Tokyo Time, 15:00 GMT and 08:00 PST.
We will be announcing many cool things that will be happening during this World Cup as well as talking about Tier Format, World Cup Format, Sign Ups and other things. So get hyped, show up and enjoy!

(you can find the twitch channel in this topics original post)

On 7/8/2022 at 12:19 AM, caioxlive13 said:

Why is someone that was proud to show up a top100 screen of himself on season start on a lower tier with 50% wr, trying to diss teams with a history in the game really?

Everyone we are going live on the World Cup twitch channel in 48 mins and counting!! We will be announcing many cool things that will be happening during this World Cup as well as talking about Tier Format, World Cup Format, Sign Ups and other things. So get hyped, show up and enjoy!

PS: This is a re stream of the first stream that didn't save correctly due to technical difficulties so we can save and post it to the youtube channel. Same information will be made available as in the first stream only difference is the donations opening, we already got some extra donations since the stream so we will be opening those as wel.
(you can find the twitch channel in this topics original post)

3 hours ago, Tawla said:

I heard that the host dont want africa in his world cup , is that true ?

One of the main goals for this year's World Cup is timely and transparent communication. If you don't see a post or a stream saying this please don't believe it. Either look for clarification or wait for an "official" statement. 

I'll be clarifying this situation on stream in 26 mins and afterwards (either tonight or tomorrow at the latest) I'll be posting what will be discussed in the stream.

But just for peace of mind, yes we do want African players in the World Cup. The more the merrier!

22 minutes ago, WorldCupMMO said:

One of the main goals for this year's World Cup is timely and transparent communication. If you don't see a post or a stream saying this please don't believe it. Either look for clarification or wait for an "official" statement. 

I'll be clarifying this situation on stream in 26 mins and afterwards (either tonight or tomorrow at the latest) I'll be posting what will be discussed in the stream.

But just for peace of mind, yes we do want African players in the World Cup. The more the merrier!

Ok ty bro

Updated original post and donations post.

-Added RDL as council;
-Added Sign Up link

New updates from the live stream:

There will be a Fashion Contest during this World Cup which will be co hosted by @urCute, this fashion contest will be used to fashion next years Donation E-Girl. More details to be announced.

There will be featured matches throughout the World Cup with live casting. We are looking for casting duos so if you and a friend would like to comment the live matches on live stream in your native language please reach out to the hosts. @Unnefableor @NanTongTouZi.
As of now we already have @Quinn010and @xJoseee ready to rock and rumble!

We are working behind the scenes to create a Donation Reward Ladder!!

What does this mean?!

We have been working behind the scenes with multiple community members and they have graciously donated their skills/time/and more to make this the best World Cup event ever.

That means that depending on the donations we receive towards the prize pool we will be climbing a reward ladder with each level a new reward will be unlocked and we will gift this reward to the community.

What do we have in store that we can reveal right now?!

An All Star Match! The community will get to vote for their favorite players in each tier and their favorite captains we will have the top 2 voted captains do a live stream draft pick of the MVP selected players to form their own teams and they will then duke it out for pride, glory, MONEY!!! But most of all, YOUR ENTERTAINMENT!!

Our Art Master @Tear has graciously donated his talent and if we manage to unlock Tear's reward we will do a live stream lottery for a personal art request. Anyone in the stream will be able to participate in the lottery and if they get selected then Tear will do a personalized art request for you!! Do you want a forum sig?! You got it!! You want a cool portrait from your character in game?! You got it!!! Tear will do whatever you want!!! (no funny business though...)

Aside from this we have many more yet to be revealed rewards that we have already locked down with other community members from different nationalities. We hope to have the donation ladder locked down and ready for it's "somewhat" full disclosure in 2 weeks time in the next World Cup 5 live stream.

So stay tuned! Stay hyped!!