PokeMMO World Cup 5th Edition - Kick Off Announcement

18 hours ago, WorldCupMMO said:

Updated original post and donations post.

-Added RDL as council;
-Added Sign Up link

New updates from the live stream:

There will be a Fashion Contest during this World Cup which will be co hosted by @urCute, this fashion contest will be used to fashion next years Donation E-Girl. More details to be announced.

There will be featured matches throughout the World Cup with live casting. We are looking for casting duos so if you and a friend would like to comment the live matches on live stream in your native language please reach out to the hosts. @Unnefableor @NanTongTouZi.
As of now we already have @Quinn010and @xJoseee ready to rock and rumble!

We are working behind the scenes to create a Donation Reward Ladder!!

What does this mean?!

We have been working behind the scenes with multiple community members and they have graciously donated their skills/time/and more to make this the best World Cup event ever.

That means that depending on the donations we receive towards the prize pool we will be climbing a reward ladder with each level a new reward will be unlocked and we will gift this reward to the community.

What do we have in store that we can reveal right now?!

An All Star Match! The community will get to vote for their favorite players in each tier and their favorite captains we will have the top 2 voted captains do a live stream draft pick of the MVP selected players to form their own teams and they will then duke it out for pride, glory, MONEY!!! But most of all, YOUR ENTERTAINMENT!!

Our Art Master @Tear has graciously donated his talent and if we manage to unlock Tear's reward we will do a live stream lottery for a personal art request. Anyone in the stream will be able to participate in the lottery and if they get selected then Tear will do a personalized art request for you!! Do you want a forum sig?! You got it!! You want a cool portrait from your character in game?! You got it!!! Tear will do whatever you want!!! (no funny business though...)

Aside from this we have many more yet to be revealed rewards that we have already locked down with other community members from different nationalities. We hope to have the donation ladder locked down and ready for it's "somewhat" full disclosure in 2 weeks time in the next World Cup 5 live stream.

So stay tuned! Stay hyped!!

NGL, I like the effort you guys allready put into this. 

Keep going guys ❤️ 

Updated original post:

-Added @JeanMarc and @NecasInTrouble as English/DUBS commentators.

New Update:

EXTRA STREAM

This Saturday the 16th of July, at 23h00 Tokyo Time, 15h00 GMT and 08:00 PST.

We will do a quick clarification session followed by a Q&A and finally donation opening.

Topics:

-Tier decision

If you have any questions about these or other topics that you would like answered please PM them to this account until the start hour of the stream or join us live and ask your question in the open chat Q&A session.

Thank you all and keep up the hype! Keep the donations flowing!! World Cup 2022 is finally here!!!

23 minutes ago, WorldCupMMO said:

Updated original post:

-Added @JeanMarc and @NecasInTrouble as English/DUBS commentators.

New Update:

EXTRA STREAM

This Saturday the 16th of July, at 23h00 Tokyo Time, 15h00 GMT and 08:00 PST.

We will do a quick clarification session followed by a Q&A and finally donation opening.

Topics:

-Tier decision

If you have any questions about these or other topics that you would like answered please PM them to this account until the start hour of the stream or join us live and ask your question in the open chat Q&A session.

Thank you all and keep up the hype! Keep the donations flowing!! World Cup 2022 is finally here!!!

Can you make a post to discuss this like normal people? Not even half of the people who are going to participate in the WC will be able to see your stream

23 minutes ago, Cristi said:

Can you make a post to discuss this like normal people? Not even half of the people who are going to participate in the WC will be able to see your stream

If you scroll up just 4 posts up you will see a breakdown of all that was discussed in the first stream. If you can't catch the live stream you can always watch it later on either youtube or twitch or bilibili. If you don't want to watch a stream you'll just have to wait for the post with the breakdown after the stream.

PS: More people have watched the first stream then participated in all 4 previous WC combined.

Edited by WorldCupMMO
14 minutes ago, WorldCupMMO said:

If you scroll up just 4 posts up you will see a breakdown of all that was discussed in the first stream. If you can't catch the live stream you can always watch it later on either youtube or twitch or bilibili. If you don't want to watch a stream you'll just have to wait for the post with the breakdown after the stream.

PS: More people have watched the first stream then participated in all 4 previous WC combined.

it is not the same to see a breakdown of the decisions that have already been made in a live show that not everyone saw, to make a post where the entire community has the opportunity to participate in decision-making as has been done in previous editions

38 minutes ago, Juanchoqui said:

it is not the same to see a breakdown of the decisions that have already been made in a live show that not everyone saw, to make a post where the entire community has the opportunity to participate in decision-making as has been done in previous editions

This is a valid concern no doubt, one that is going to be discussed on this stream and will later be mentioned in the upcoming post. And again the whole point of this "extra stream" is to clarify any questions the community might have so if you have a question...submit it via PM.

Edited by WorldCupMMO
15 minutes ago, WorldCupMMO said:

This is a valid concern no doubt, one that is going to be issued on this stream and will later be mentioned in the upcoming post. And again the whole point of this "extra stream" is to clarify any questions the community might have so if you have a question...submit it via PM.

So, can you make a post where the community can vote and be part of the format decision?

Like past editions.

22 minutes ago, WorldCupMMO said:

This is a valid concern no doubt, one that is going to be issued on this stream and will later be mentioned in the upcoming post. And again the whole point of this "extra stream" is to clarify any questions the community might have so if you have a question...submit it via PM.

we return to the same thing, the streams are not the ideal means to provide information, starting because the people who participate in said streams are a minority, you cannot make decisions when you do not have even 1/4 of the people who participate in the event, that without having Keep in mind that they are streams in English and that a large part of the Spanish-speaking community does not know anything that is being talked about, it is supposed to be an event for the community, and the community does not have the opportunity to participate in important decisions. as it has always been done

8 minutes ago, Juanchoqui said:

the streams are not the ideal means to provide information

this has been addressed already... the streams are not the only means to provide information that we use. ALL information provided on the stream is also posted here after the stream.

10 minutes ago, Juanchoqui said:

starting because the people who participate in said streams are a minority, you cannot make decisions when you do not have even 1/4 of the people who participate in the event,

Also already answered, we have had more people WATCH and participate on the stream then actually playing so your premise is completely wrong.

11 minutes ago, Juanchoqui said:

Keep in mind that they are streams in English and that a large part of the Spanish-speaking community does not know anything that is being talked about, it is supposed to be an event for the community, and the community does not have the opportunity to participate in important decisions. as it has always been done

This is not a valid reason although it is a valid concern. I myself am not English speaking, we have many non-english speaker community members, we do the streams in english as well as these posts in english because it is the "easiest" mass communication language and the common international organization language.
However as I said it is a valid concern and one that we share and that is why we reached out to community members and youtubers to help us pass the information accross to the community in their native language. We're working with @awaLLzand Cucco Productions to bring the news in their native language.

Hace 5 minutos, WorldCupMMO dijo:

esto ya se ha abordado... las transmisiones no son el único medio para proporcionar información que utilizamos. TODA la información proporcionada en la transmisión también se publica aquí después de la transmisión.

that's the problem, decisions cannot be made in a stream with few people, for something there is the forum where the whole community can participate freely

7 minutes ago, WorldCupMMO said:

Esta no es una razón válida, aunque es una preocupación válida. Yo mismo no hablo inglés, tenemos muchos miembros de la comunidad que no hablan inglés, hacemos las transmisiones en inglés y estas publicaciones en inglés porque es el idioma de comunicación masiva "más fácil" y el idioma común de la organización internacional.
Sin embargo, como dije, es una preocupación válida que compartimos y es por eso que nos comunicamos con los miembros de la comunidad y los youtubers para que nos ayuden a transmitir la información a la comunidad en su idioma nativo. estamos trabajando con@awaLLzy Cucco Productions para traer las noticias en su idioma nativo.

it is much easier to make a post in the forum like normal people than to gather more and more people to make streams that do not add up or help in anything for the realization of the event

19 minutes ago, Juanchoqui said:

that's the problem, decisions cannot be made in a stream with few people, for something there is the forum where the whole community can participate freely

Not 1 single decision is made in the stream. This specific stream is for clarifying questions and doubts of the community. To explain the decision making process behind the decisions made so far regarding these issues.

You keep saying "few people" we've had over 3200 views...more then participations. It seems to me you are consistently trying to adjust the reality to your viewpoint and interest.

18 minutes ago, Juanchoqui said:

it is much easier to make a post in the forum like normal people than to gather more and more people to make streams that do not add up or help in anything for the realization of the event

Again you are trying to fit reality into your viewpoint. The "age of forums" is gone, I myself love forums and I think it is a great tool to organize and spread information however it is not a very efficient manner of discussion with huge ammounts of people and these few exchanges between the 3 of us is proof of that.

We are on the "age of discord/youtube/twitch/twitter" and this is not me saying...it's the world!

To conclude this matter. If you have any questions/doubts/concerns about the topics send me a PM here in the forums. I will read those out in the stream and respond to them and then I'll post back here after the stream.

Thank you for your thoughts.

. You can increase the number of slots from 6 to 8 or 10, there are very few slots for 18 participants, many of the countries complete the 18 participants and several players may be left without playing, last edition Venezuela we were 16 and there were 10 slots and a couple of players could not participate, now imagine with 6 slots

Edited by Thenavarro

With all due respect it deserves but...       

52 minutes ago, WorldCupMMO said:

You keep saying "few people" we've had over 3200 views...more then participations. It seems to me you are consistently trying to adjust the reality to your viewpoint and interest.

XD

prueba 1.jpeg

prueba 2.jpeg

Edited by MegaBladers
20 minutes ago, Thenavarro said:

. You can increase the number of slots from 6 to 8 or 10, there are very few slots for 18 participants, many of the countries complete the 18 participants and several players may be left without playing, last edition Venezuela we were 16 and there were 10 slots and a couple of players could not participate, now imagine with 6 slots

I want to quote this brother, I know you have the best intentions to "innovate" but in past wc's and official psl the regular phase was made up of 8 duels per crossing, giving only 6 slots for duels in teams of maximum 18 people does not leave many chances to that everyone plays, or at least not regularly.

51 minutes ago, Thenavarro said:

only thing i can say is to them l2p 

It's not that hard to make a shitty post and gauge community opinion before making decisions based on a cursory discussion on a stream LOLOL I think this is the worst host team I've ever seen in the entire history of a team tournament , streaming in a shitty hour based on Chinese time as if everyone had time to watch streams of several hours just to see how they ignore the opinion of the community and make a tournament with the worst format of all so i think I never saw stupidities as big as making a team tournament that is supposed to be a WC with 6 SLOTS, not only is it ridiculous because all the teams are in a position to complete 18 players, but you also say that you have 3500 people giving their opinions and discussing in a stream about the format to.... to reduce the playable slots?? I think it's a fucking joke, because even an Indian slingshot hosting from a calculator would do better....

27 minutes ago, m1xwell said:

making decisions based on a cursory discussion on a stream

I think you really have to watch the stream and hear what was said instead of saying things that were never said or done. 

27 minutes ago, m1xwell said:

but you also say that you have 3500 people giving their opinions and discussing in a stream about the format to

I think you really have to watch the stream and hear what was said instead of saying things that were never said or done.

PS - If you don't know English, find someone who can really translate what was truly said, not a broken phone.

pokemon-confused.gif

Edited by LadyR0sy
6 hours ago, WorldCupMMO said:

4 hours ago, WorldCupMMO said:

You keep saying "few people" we've had over 3200 views

ca16e3d3a84b6207c75b19e29343810a.png aa76c699bfa2212382fa5f02f6968c6b.png
Ye sure, 3200... 

It's okay to try to innovate, but don't ignore the community that tries to tell you these things don't work. This is the fifth world cup, we learned a lot from the previous editions. Forums > dc > everyone else, at least here at Pokemmo, only use those tools if you need to communicate something or make a decision, listen to the community on a community tour.
I understand that you are someone new trying to run (with great ideas) a tournament, but don't go back and make the same mistakes that were made before on another editions.

6 minutes ago, NagaX said:

Ye sure, 3200... 

Sorry I was wrong...i was only counting the first 24h of the stream being up....

It is much more!

IMG_2580.png

8 minutes ago, NagaX said:

but don't ignore the community that tries to tell you these things don't work.

The community is telling me these things DO work, there has been a lot of positive feedback.

9 minutes ago, NagaX said:

This is the fifth world cup, we learned a lot from the previous editions.

I've read all the topics from WC 1 to WC4, i've read all of the drama and problems that ocurred during those events and I have WC1 and WC4 hosts as my council, I spoke to them before I even started and one of my conditions to move forward as hosts was to have them supporting me I would never do anything without their support.

10 minutes ago, NagaX said:

Forums > dc > everyone else, at least here at Pokemmo, only use those tools if you need to communicate something or make a decision, listen to the community on a community tour.

I've been using Forum and Discord 100% for all communications, I'm using Twitch/Youtube for further reach and hype and it has been working very well so far. There is nothing said in the streams that I do not post in the forums. And there is nothing that is announced in the streams that hasn't been previously OKed by the council.

Hace 14 minutos, WorldCupMMO dijo:

La comunidad me dice que estas cosas SÍ funcionan, ha habido muchos comentarios positivos.

You realize this is the World Cup, right?

If I'm wrong, someone tell me when this became the Asian Cup, because of those more than "3200" I don't see more than 10% commenting on it and only 16 will participate representing their respective countries.

Edited by MegaBladers
3 minutes ago, MegaBladers said:

You realize this is the World Cup, right?

I was only responding to the ammount of views comment before as for the positive comments you can see it both in this topic, discord, our streams, wherever you want to look, except the spanish community channel and even there there are some positive comments.

Like you said this is the World Cup not Latin Cup.