Add the ability to search specific color vanities/clothing items in GTL

awkways

Question

17 answers to this question

I believe the text that indicates the color isn't actually part of the name of the item and changing that would mean that when you switch from one color to another, you'd have to switch from one item to another since they'd have different names (if you fully want to keep searching them with the search bar function) and that's annoying coding I guess. 

However there's a simpler solution with an easy add box on the advanced search, with a list of all colors, and would be definitely definitely helpful. 

20 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

I believe the text that indicates the color isn't actually part of the name of the item and changing that would mean that when you switch from one color to another, you'd have to switch from one item to another since they'd have different names (if you fully want to keep searching them with the search bar function) and that's annoying coding I guess. 

However there's a simpler solution with an easy add box on the advanced search, with a list of all colors, and would be definitely definitely helpful. 

You can switch between the items in the bag by just changing the portion of text specific to the color of the vanity (for example "Winged Helmet (Black)" -> backspace "Black)" -> type "Dark Red)") and it will pop up with the item you are searching, so I'm not so sure they're coded as different items. Seems weird to me that they would code them as entirely different items in GTL and in the bag, but regarding how all this looks/would look coding wise I have no idea. My suggestion would just be to make the same change to the GTL search bar that has been working for the bag for a few years now (I think since 2020?). Hopefully it wouldn't be too massive of a pain in the butt to add. Thanks for the input

This is honestly less of a normal QOL improvement and more like a necessity, tbh. I hope it happens soon!

Also, to add to the discussion: a lot of vanities had colors added to the retroactively. Once upon a time, taking Bows and Capes as an example, they'd all be called "Bow" or "Cape" no matter what the color was, but now they have the color in parentheses after that. So I feel like colors are different identifiers than the item itself. So it should be very possible to implement this suggestion

Edited by TheFrenchiestFry

DEVELOPERS pleas DO NOT DO THIS, doing this will make the GTL AUTOMATORS buy all the items of a specific color and empty the gtl and have unfair profits for others, since to refresh they can leave the start button selected they refresh it automatically and with the mouse click millions of times to the first thing that comes out, and they will not leave anything to real snipers like me... since one day I wanted to try to snipe an specific item with a limit of 50 thousand and it appeared and I could not buy it there was no way someone could I will win it without seeing the price before, only one programmed machine could be faster than me, what developers SHOULD DO; is reduce the activity time on the pc so that the players are forced to leave, move and re-enter the pc.  for staff only should leave downtime like this now, please take my words for it, i am BrandonBraune the voice of reason.

2 hours ago, BrandonBraune said:

doing this will make the GTL AUTOMATORS buy all the items of a specific color and empty the gtl and have unfair profits for others

This is true; however, in my opinion the QoL improvement this feature gives to regular players would outweigh the negatives of benefiting GTL Bots/Scripters. Also, people don't really make that much money from sniping colored items right? The max you could make is like less than 400k each? because otherwise you can just buy the dye and change the color yourself.

Additionally, I think your suggestion of limiting/reducing the activity time on the PC is good in order to discourage botting, but wouldn't it be better to just limit GTL sniping in the first place to limit the amount of wealth bots make from careless/ignorant players? I think a warning system that warns a player when they're about to sell an item way below market value would benefit players (especially new ones) and punish bots/scripters. It would be similar to how the game warns you if you're about to flee from a shiny Pokémon. 

If you dislike the idea of removing GTL sniping, it would mainly be applied to the "Item Listings" portion of the market. You would still be able to snipe Pokémon Listings and profit in that way. LMK 🔥

32 minutes ago, jasean said:

people don't really make that much money from sniping colored items right? 

🔥

I had a profit of $ 37,500,000 in a week sniping colored items, my post is here, check it out.

bis.jpg.54ea1e066b03311d58f7f5111fa99104.thumb.jpg.bf2eb3bbcf79be53fafb50f73256bf1b.jpg

32 minutes ago, jasean said:

in my opinion the QoL improvement this feature gives to regular players would outweigh the negatives of benefiting GTL Bots/Scripters. 🔥

I do not care about the quality of life that a random player receives for this suggestion, I am interested in them buying reward points so that the servers continue to be active and this game can continue online, according to the book Blood, Sweat and Pixles, which deals with how video games are made, large companies do not reveal their budget to develop them.  However, some studies consulted agree on the figure of US $10,000 per developer per month.

Edited by BrandonBraune
36 minutes ago, BrandonBraune said:

I had a profit of $ 37,500,000 in a week sniping colored items, my post is here, check it out.

Nice 👍, I think you proved me wrong on their profitability if what you're claiming is true. 

Again, if you want to stop bots or automated scripts from abusing the GTL, wouldn't you want to advocate for a better system that either detects or prevents bots rather than opposing this QoL feature/suggestion? I think warning new players before they make pricing mistakes would be easiest and the best option for the game. Players would either have to grind for their money or exchange real life currency for RP Vouchers instead of relying on other players' mistakes. 

Additionally, you could just advocate for more GTL bot detection/prevention, I don't think you actually oppose this feature/suggestion, you just want GTL bots to disappear from PokeMMO. 

36 minutes ago, BrandonBraune said:

I am interested in them buying reward points so that the servers continue to be active and this game can continue online, according to the book Blood, Sweat and Pixles, which deals with how video games are made, large companies do not reveal their budget to develop them.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the discussion.

If you're saying that GTL Sniping is good for the game, I think that getting rid of GTL sniping would make less players quit (when they make a pricing mistake) and would make less people/bots rely on others' GTL pricing mistakes/ignorance to make money. Therefore, in both situations players have more potential to spend money on the game in the future. 

Edited by jasean
3 hours ago, jasean said:

Nice 👍, I think you proved me wrong on their profitability if what you're claiming is true. 

It's as real and as so true as the sun!!!

you just want GTL bots to disappear from PokeMMO. 

with all my heart!!!

If you're saying that GTL Sniping is good for the game, I think that getting rid of GTL sniping would make less players quit (when they make a pricing mistake) and would make less people/bots rely on others' GTL pricing mistakes/ignorance to make money.

Screenshot_20220805_020215.thumb.jpg.55dda8a1f64975647fab32b2cd93b6b0.jpg

In conclusion, I understand that this suggestion is VERY GOOD, really, but there are more important things that developers should focus on. Maybe they will implement it, I am nobody to avoid it, even as I said before, it will facilitate the search for a specific color, but still It is not so difficult, you just put the article from the cheapest to the most expensive and buy the first red, blue, purple you see, it makes me an unnecessary investment. 

But if adding more filters is about; we can also give the idea of searching for Pokemon by specific OT, so they will buy all the OT of famous players like Desu, KynaneXL, ElectroVortex, and sell them more expensive, or put a color filter so they can empty the coveted colors more comfortably; Like coach jackets, *it is hard to find the most coveted colors* to disappear and put them at the price of dye, sometimes they give an idea with the supposed intention of improving QOL when in reality it is to improve the pockets xd.  and I'm not against it guys, it's just that small changes sometimes generate huge changes and the economy will get worse and that's sad.

xd but however, it's just my opinion, the developers are engineers and they know what the game needs or not, I'm just a random player who gives his opinion, don't give me much importance!

On 8/4/2022 at 7:07 PM, BrandonBraune said:

DEVELOPERS pleas DO NOT DO THIS, doing this will make the GTL AUTOMATORS buy all the items of a specific color and empty the gtl and have unfair profits for others

i am BrandonBraune the voice of reason

Sorry man this is a stupid opinion to be frank. Banning botters would be the solution not holding back simple improvements for the masses to benefit a few GTL snipers.

On 8/4/2022 at 6:07 PM, BrandonBraune said:

DEVELOPERS pleas DO NOT DO THIS, doing this will make the GTL AUTOMATORS buy all the items of a specific color and empty the gtl and have unfair profits for others, since to refresh they can leave the start button selected they refresh it automatically and with the mouse click millions of times to the first thing that comes out, and they will not leave anything to real snipers like me...

What a degen way of thinking "real snipers like me" Like why even say that? everyone can snipe you're not different from anybody else, just because a cause "affects" you but it's better for the whole server doesn't mean you have to go against it, that's simply a really poor mentality, this will also help a lot to have the GTL more organized and newcomers to select specific-colored items they want. 

3 hours ago, LifeHunteer said:

What a degen way of thinking "real snipers like me" Like why even say that? everyone can snipe you're not different from anybody else, just because a cause "affects" you but it's better for the whole server doesn't mean you have to go against it, that's simply a really poor mentality, this will also help a lot to have the GTL more organized and newcomers to select specific-colored items they want. 

3 hours ago, awkways said:

Sorry man this is a stupid opinion to be frank. Banning botters would be the solution not holding back simple improvements for the masses to benefit a few GTL snipers.

guys, you two, shouldn't get mad with me, in an idea it is always important to listen to both sides. In the year 1900 there were two men, a pessimist man and an optimist man, the optimist man invented the Airplane and the pessimist man the Parachute, developers will you put your idea of the filter of colors and will reinforce the antibot and antiscripters system of GTL, cheer up, don't fight over childishness,and  blessings brothers brothers. 👁️