[NU Seasonals] There is Poison in the Air - General thread

The PokeMMO "There is Poison in the Air" Series

DCdDQaEUIAAhh5c.thumb.png.30d6eaea408eb0cb61aefb0cf64ef541.png

The PokeMMO "There is Poison in the Air" Series will give players the chance to fight over 9 weeks in this Never Used tournament series.

The Participants will be given the Chance to battle it out for Tickets to the grand finale in September.

Who will be [Never Used] best Player ?

Schedule

Invitational #1 - Sunday, 17th July

Invitational #2 - Saturday, 23rd July

Invitational #3 - Sunday, 31st July

Invitational #4 - Saturday, 6th August

Invitational #5 - Sunday, 14th August

Invitational #6 - Saturday, 20th August

Invitational #7 - Sunday, 28th August

Invitational #8 - Saturday, 3rd September

Reserves Tournament - Saturday, 10th September

Finals - Sunday 11th September ~ The Final thread

NOTE: Invitationals will not all be at the same time of the day. To check each of the Invitationals' time & date please go to This Link.

Rules

• Players who come in first and second in the Invitational tournaments will win a guaranteed invite to the Finals.
  • Reserves Tournament invites will be awarded to the third and forth place players on the bracket. 
    • Reserve ticket holders will battle in the 9th week, 1 day before the Finals to decide the order of the reserves.
  • Players can enter the Serie with only one account/character.
  • All Invitationals will take place as automated tournaments, with the following format Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 64 Players | 6v6 NU
  • The Reserve Tournament and the Finals will take place at the Silph. co in Saffron, Kanto, Ch. 4, and will be on the following format Single Battle | 16 Players | 6v6 NU
  • All Tournaments (Invitationals, Reserves Tournament and the Finals) will follow these clauses Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO - Tournament Clauses Explained
  • Players who already have an invite for the Finales are not allowed to participate in the subsequent invitationals.

•  This does NOT include Reserves Invite Holders. 

Invite Holders

Spoiler

Facursa

Ysdrag

aldahirramirez

woxiangsinile

MadaraSixSix

AnthonyAshZ

Axellgor

SteelOnyx

Sargeste

Titinn

OoKingoO

Kuramush

Rigoox

Wolfangt

VicShrewd

cacatrasmaximun

gbwead

StokesAG

Reserve Invite Holders

Spoiler

zDeviljho

Luke

xxLazaro

MadaraSixSix

enchanteur

gbwead

Hernjet

StokesAG

Rigoox

AsmodeusSA

Danarchy

Incognition
MertvayaRuka

iMat

Tawlaa

Order of reserve given by the Reserves Tournament

gbwead (invited)

StokesAG (invited)

enchanteur

xxLazaro

Incognition

Tawlaa

AsmodeusSA

iMat

Hernjet

zDeviljho / Luke / Danarchy / MertvayaRuka

Disqualified players

Spoiler

aldahirramirez

woxiangsinile

Prizes

nidoqueen.gifdrapion.gifgolbat.gif

SHINY GIFT lv. 100

Nidoqueen or Drapion or Golbat

Your choice of nature, 2 moves, with 3 selectable IVs + 3x28 IVs

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place Prize 415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png

First pick for Shiny and 1250 Reward Points

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png 2nd Place Prize 9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png

Second pick for Shiny and 1000 Reward Points

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png 3rd Place Prize d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png

Third pick for Shiny and 750 Reward Points

Rewards will be sent to the winners a few days after the Final tournament

1 hour ago, Cosmooth said:

The players aldahirramirez & woxiangsinile have been disqualified from the series.

They both won an invite for the Finals during Invitational #2 and have been caught taking part in Invitational #4.

Their disqualifications guarantee a place for the final tournament for the 1st and 2nd places of the Reserve Tournament.

I have no vested interest about this, I know neither of these people but this just seems wrong. For a good while, reading forums hasn't been a must to participate in PvP play so I think it's unreasonable to punish people for not having read this clause on a forum thread. There was no malicious intent with this either, if people were trying to be deceptive they would use alts to play other qualifiers but these players used their main accounts so they clearly weren't aware of this rule. I don't understand why this rule exists to begin with, in previous seasonals if an invite holder won another qualifier the invite went to the next reserve. But if you must have this rule you have to have this enforced in the in-game client, preventing people with an invite from even queueing to the tournament.

2 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I have no vested interest about this, I know neither of these people but this just seems wrong. For a good while, reading forums hasn't been a must to participate in PvP play so I think it's unreasonable to punish people for not having read this clause on a forum thread. There was no malicious intent with this either, if people were trying to be deceptive they would use alts to play other qualifiers but these players used their main accounts so they clearly weren't aware of this rule. I don't understand why this rule exists to begin with, in previous seasonals if an invite holder won another qualifier the invite went to the next reserve. But if you must have this rule you have to have this enforced in the in-game client, preventing people with an invite from even queueing to the tournament.

Or they're playing only for getting the RP, and not to pick the shiny. Drapion aren't too much used and Golbat/nidoqueen are easy to hunt, so they don't have much value. if they want to get the shinys, they can just pick a exclusive item from a event and wait him get value.

2 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Since at least 2016 this rule is present on all Seasonals from what I can see, I haven't looked further than those.
I understand that this seems harsh but the rule being present, it has been applied. On today's tournament it penalized a total of 8 players including them (2 DQ, 2 prevented from joining, 4 eliminated by these players not having the right to join this tournament) who knows how much that has could have impacted the outcome of the tournament?
I agree with you on one point, we should be able to ensure that for this type of event the players who have already qualified for the final tournament cannot enter the queue to prevent these situations.
I also want to clarify that this decision is not intended to prejudge the intentions of the players in question, whether it was voluntary on their part or not.

3 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

O están jugando solo para obtener el RP, y no para elegir el shiny. Drapion no se usa demasiado y Golbat/nidoqueen son fáciles de cazar, por lo que no tienen mucho valor. si quieren obtener los brillos, pueden simplemente elegir un artículo exclusivo de un evento y esperar a que obtenga valor.

What? 

19 minutes ago, Cosmooth said:

I also want to clarify that this decision is not intended to prejudge the intentions of the players in question, whether it was voluntary on their part or not.

I get that you would have to disqualify people from the tournament they were not allowed to participate in and warn them not to do it again because there is a rule for that - but disqualifying someone from a victory they had achieved before completely legally is a very serious punishment. And the problem here is that disqualifying someone from a legally obtained victory isn't just a procedural decision anymore, it is clearly a punishment. How on earth does intent not come into play when you are deciding when and how to punish people? 

I know some people might argue "you are supposed to know you can't play qualifiers if you already qualified!". Except in competitive circuits of many different games you actually can, official Pokemon circuit included. So for the sake of appearing in any way as a credible tournament hosting organisation, please revise this decision like you did about Queest vs YuoZ.

I know that, for the last OU seasonal, MPDH would send invite hodlers an in game mail explaining everything regarding the event. I think that was pretty clever, but despite the additional in game warning, there was still a player that got disqualified. There is no good solution here imo.

This tournament is part of a series, disqualifying a player only from a stage in which he is not allowed to participate does not solve the problem: during the invitational #4, four players were eliminated by these players and 2 had their place taken in the queue and were therefore deprived of participation.
If we tolerate that the invitation holders participate during the invitationals following their qualification, this could penalize a lot of players who did not qualified yet or who have not yet tried their luck and above all who have not broken any rules.

Spoiler

this calculation is made on a complete series including 8 invitationals if the invite holders join all rounds (which honestly very unlikely to happen fortunately since the hours are different each time, but still a potential issue):
-inv. #1 : 0 players penalized, it's the 1st tournament
-inv. #2: 2 players prevented from joining
-inv. #3: 4 players
-Inv. # 4: 6players
-Inv. #5 : 8 players
-Inv. #6: 10 players
-Inv. #7: 12 players
-Inv. #8: 14 players
2+4+6+8+10+12+14 =56 players potentially prevented from joining
+the players potentially eliminated if we do not directly realize their participation from the start of the tournament

Also, if the invitation holders participate in number in the invitationals and occupy the first places, we could not decide to whom to give the invitations to the final and to the reserve tournament without proceeding to additional fights at the end of each invitational, which is not planned and complicated to organize since the invitationals have been organized at completely different times to allow players from different time zones to try their luck.
Whether or not the Invitation holders' participation was innocent, a few players eligible to participate in Invitational #4 have been penalized, and letting through without disqualifying them from the series could cause other Invitation holders to participate and penalize even more players without any consequences (their victory will remain in the Hall of Fame and their RP earnings have not been removed of course).

The decision will not be canceled, however we are thinking about ways to avoid this kind of situation in the future, it will probably not be possible to put in place during this series unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, Axelgor said:

Will there be signatures for the invites? Like other seasonals 

Players will receive an ingame mail before the reserve tournament and the finals and will be called before the start of the tournament to prepare the bracket and see how many reserve players will be included in the tournament

On 8/10/2022 at 11:21 AM, Cosmooth said:

This tournament is part of a series, disqualifying a player only from a stage in which he is not allowed to participate does not solve the problem: during the invitational #4, four players were eliminated by these players and 2 had their place taken in the queue and were therefore deprived of participation.
If we tolerate that the invitation holders participate during the invitationals following their qualification, this could penalize a lot of players who did not qualified yet or who have not yet tried their luck and above all who have not broken any rules.

Hide contents

this calculation is made on a complete series including 8 invitationals if the invite holders join all rounds (which honestly very unlikely to happen fortunately since the hours are different each time, but still a potential issue):
-inv. #1 : 0 players penalized, it's the 1st tournament
-inv. #2: 2 players prevented from joining
-inv. #3: 4 players
-Inv. # 4: 6players
-Inv. #5 : 8 players
-Inv. #6: 10 players
-Inv. #7: 12 players
-Inv. #8: 14 players
2+4+6+8+10+12+14 =56 players potentially prevented from joining
+the players potentially eliminated if we do not directly realize their participation from the start of the tournament

Also, if the invitation holders participate in number in the invitationals and occupy the first places, we could not decide to whom to give the invitations to the final and to the reserve tournament without proceeding to additional fights at the end of each invitational, which is not planned and complicated to organize since the invitationals have been organized at completely different times to allow players from different time zones to try their luck.
Whether or not the Invitation holders' participation was innocent, a few players eligible to participate in Invitational #4 have been penalized, and letting through without disqualifying them from the series could cause other Invitation holders to participate and penalize even more players without any consequences (their victory will remain in the Hall of Fame and their RP earnings have not been removed of course).

The decision will not be canceled, however we are thinking about ways to avoid this kind of situation in the future, it will probably not be possible to put in place during this series unfortunately.

If you don't want to Invite Holders potentially prevent others from joining, a quick solution will be blocking the client of those players, after they win a invitation, to register on any other. This solution can be a very hard to do, but are the most fair one. If devs could put a system that doesn't allow a pre-defined list of players to enter on tournaments, then the hosts check the characters of those player's accounts, and list them on those "block list", this resolve the problem quickly.

And disqualified players can still taking part on the invitationals. So, the players can simply play and win the tour or reach far on tournament, like progressing until quarterfinals or semifinals, only this harm a lot of players. The players that faced the DQ players early and lose, and the ones that could enter on tournament with the two or more spots, but because of them, lose the chance of taking part of invitational.

On 8/10/2022 at 5:21 PM, Cosmooth said:

Players will receive an ingame mail before the reserve tournament and the finals and will be called before the start of the tournament to prepare the bracket and see how many reserve players will be included in the tournament

So that's a no?
Assuming he's busy on other things, I don't mind making them if DS sends me a template (mostly for shine timing/speed & that little letter icon I know I won't bother trying to find)

I wanted to quickly point out that I understand the reason why the admins banned aldahirramirez and woxiangsinile from participating in the finals. But it really didnt achieved anything in terms of preventing something like that to happen in the future again since after already being banned from the finals, aldahirramirez in fact participated in another "There is Poison in the Air" tournament where he again eliminated one player. So the current system is really not working because even though someone is banned from the finals, he can still participate in any "There is Poison in the Air" tournament and continue to eliminate more players.

Edited by Missit
12 minutes ago, Missit said:

I wanted to quickly point out that I understand the reason why the admins banned aldahirramirez and woxiangsinile from participating in the finals. But it really didnt achieved anything in terms of preventing something like that to happen in the future again since after already being banned from the finals, aldahirramirez in fact participated in another "There is Poison in the Air" tournament where he again eliminated one player. So the current system is really not working because even though someone is banned from the finals, he can still participate in any "There is Poison in the Air" tournament and continue to eliminate more players.

In an ideal world if all of the qualifiers could be held at Silph Co alongside the finals instead of being automated then this issue would be a lot easier to control, since I doubt devs will make any changes to the system as it is.

Or just implement the other suggestion and if the person who already qualified wins again then you just give the spot to the person who came 3rd or 4th.

Edited by Imperial
16 hours ago, Draekyn said:

So that's a no?
Assuming he's busy on other things, I don't mind making them if DS sends me a template (mostly for shine timing/speed & that little letter icon I know I won't bother trying to find)

I misunderstood Axelgor's question (having the signatures disabled I thought he was talking about signing up for the final tournament)
Signatures were not planned, unless I'm mistaken, there were none in the last series either.

1 hour ago, Missit said:

So the current system is really not working because even though someone is banned from the finals, he can still participate in any "There is Poison in the Air" tournament and continue to eliminate more players.

As said earlier, we are thinking about something to prevent these situations permanently, I can't give more details until I know if it will be possible
but given the progress of this series, it will most likely not be possible until the next series

1 hour ago, Imperial said:

In an ideal world if all of the qualifiers could be held at Silph Co alongside the finals instead of being automated

All Invitationals are planned at different times to give the opportunity to a lot of players around the world to try their luck, hosting them at Silph co would require at least 3/4 hosts from different part of the world + referees and all planned at least 3 months in advance, which is quite complicated to organize

1 hour ago, Imperial said:

Or just implement the other suggestion and if the person who already qualified wins again then you just give the spot to the person who came 3rd or 4th.

in the same way it could complicate things more than necessary as explained in a message above

Spoiler

if the invitation holders participate in number in the invitationals and occupy the first places, we could not decide to whom to give the invitations to the final and to the reserve tournament without proceeding to additional fights at the end of each invitational, which is not planned and complicated to organize since the invitationals have been organized at completely different times to allow players from different time zones to try their luck.

10 minutes ago, Cosmooth said:

I misunderstood Axelgor's question (having the signatures disabled I thought he was talking about signing up for the final tournament)

I know, you got my hint! 🙂

11 minutes ago, Cosmooth said:

Signatures were not planned, unless I'm mistaken, there were none in the last series either.

That's a shame, they used to be a badge of honor and one of the main reasons people were hyped for series