PokeMMO VGC - Season 0 - CONGRATULATIONS YJOS

VGC.png.151105f48941de3e4f28a558ba729e3f.png

Brush off those dusty old comps, sharpen your skills, build your squad... its VGC time!

Welcome to VGC Season 0, a month long seasonal tournament bringing the best players, in the most competitive tier together to compete and see who is the best of the best. Season 0 is a trial season, if the event is successful I will commit to a larger tournament, with bigger prizes for season 1. 

Due to restrictions in MMO things will be adapted from the standard VGC in the games

Signups:

Spoiler
The first edition will be a 32 man tournament. Each player will have a 250k signup fee with the entire pot going 100% towards the prize pool. The fee is to increase the competitive buy in from players and to provide greater rewards to successful players.  Signups will be done in stages as follows.

Stage 1: Signups are on a first come, first serve basis. Only those who have mailed their 250k entry fee will be considered to be fully signed up.

Format:

The 32 players will be randomly drafted into 8 groups of 4. Each week for 3 weeks you will play one of the players from your group.

The winner's and second place of each group proceed to a final tournament, hosted at Silph Co. All third place finishes will become reserve spots for the finals. Finals will be a straight 16 man bracket. Winners proceed and losers exit until we have a final winner. 

Rules:

1: Before week 1, all signups will fill out the following for each Pokemon on their team and send it to me. This will be the team you use for the ENTIRE tournament, so choose wisely.
Spoiler
Pokemon:
Ability:
Moves:
Time/Date of capture/breed:
This information will be made publicly available for everyone in the tournament. This is for a number of reasons
Spoiler
1: Due to restrictions in MMO we are unable to have a bring 6, select 4 format like traditional VGC. Making everyone's team publicly available ensures that you can preview your opponents team and select 4 like traditional VGC.
2: With a no switching teams format, the player's with more resources will inevitably get detailed scouts on everyone in the tournament. We are removing this problem by making every single team public and scoutable, ensuring that skill and initial team selection are the reasons for winning.
3: This rule also allows the host to participate, because host bias/advantage is removed.
2: Each battle will be a 4v4 Doubles best of 3 format. Winner will be the first player to win 2 rounds. 

3: You may bring any combination of 4 mons from your team of 6 each round.

4: Item clause will be in affect in addition to the standard rules. Meaning you can only have 1 of each item on your team.

5: In the event of a disconnect during the battle. The player who disconnected automatically forfeits that round regardless of when/how it happened. Claims for exceptional circumstances during a disconnect will be considered by the host.

6: The winner of each battle will get 1 point, losers 0. In the event of a tie in the standings the head to head record will be used as a tiebreak

Cheating:

Spoiler
Each player is strongly encouraged to take a video recording at the start of each round, opening each tab on your pokemon to ensure it matches the team you submitted. This can be done using software or simply a phone recording as long as it's legible. This is to protect you from the following

In the event you suspect your opponent of cheating you have 24 hours from the end of your battle or until the week's deadline to submit a claim (whichever is soonest). Please provide any damage calculations, proof of illegal moves/sets (screenshots required) and which round(s) this occured in.

In the event of a cheating claim, the accused will be asked to submit video recordings to immediately clear up the issue. The host will also look over damage calculations. 

In the event the accused cannot provide video, and cheating can be proved the accused is immediately banned from the tournament, all wins will be reversed and the cheat will be banned from future VGC seasonals. 

If the accused cannot provide video and cheating cannot be proved/disproved the battle will be subject to a do-over at the host's discretion.

Schedule:

Donations: NOW!!!
Signups: CLOSED
Week 1: DONE
Week 2: DONE
Week 3: NOW!!!
Finals: Saturday August 20th @ 11AM EST

Prizes:

The winner of each group: 1m each

3rd place in finals: 20% of donations and proceeds from auction
2nd place in finals: 30% of donations and proceeds from auction
1st place in finals: 50% of donations and proceeds from auction, one limited time vanity from that season and a signature to show off

Edited by DoctorPBC
Donations:

My goal with this tournament is to make VGC a competitive and fun format on PokeMMO. Understanding there is a lack of competitive unofficials outside of PSL and worthwhile doubles officials my goal with donations is lofty. Any excess on the donation count will be added to the pot for future seasons.

Please mail all donations to Docpbc - Titled VGC Donation

Donations - 15m/20m

Docpbc - 2m + Limited time vanity
Badbaarsito - 2m ❤️
Parke- 4m ❤️
Edwardinho- 1m ❤️ + a second dono forgot the amount, so +1m and ill cover the excess
MonkeyDMathew- 5m ❤️
Edited by DoctorPBC
14 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:
VGC.png.151105f48941de3e4f28a558ba729e3f.png

Brush off those dusty old comps, sharpen your skills, build your squad... its VGC time!

Welcome to VGC Season 0, a month long seasonal tournament bringing the best players, in the most competitive tier together to compete and see who is the best of the best. Season 0 is a trial season, if the event is successful I will commit to a larger tournament, with bigger prizes for season 1. 

Due to restrictions in MMO things will be adapted from the standard VGC in the games

Signups:

Reveal hidden contents
The first edition will be a 16 man tournament. Each player will have a 250k signup fee with the entire pot going 100% towards the prize pool. The fee is to increase the competitive buy in from players and to provide greater rewards to successful players.  Signups will be done in stages as follows.

Stage 1: For season 0, 4 of MMO's historically great doubles players will be invited to participate in the tournament. For future season's the 4 winners of each group will receive an automatic invite for the next season. 

Stage 2: 10 spots will be opened up for signups on a first come first serve basis. The first 10 players are to mail their 250k signup fee within 24 hours or their spot will be forfeit to the next signup.

Stage 3: The final 2 spots will be put up for auction. Minimum bid starting at 250k (to cover the entry fee). Any excess over 250k will be put towards the overall winner's prize. In future season's the auction will be the only way for banned players to enter the tournament.

Format:

The 16 players will be randomly drafted into 4 groups of 4. Each week for 3 weeks you will play one of the players from your group.

The winner's and second place of each group proceed to a final tournament, hosted at Silph Co. All third place finishes will become reserve spots for the finals. Finals will be a straight 8 man bracket. Winners proceed and losers exit until we have a final winner. 

Rules:

Before week 1, all signups will fill out the following for each mon on their team and send it to me. This will be the team you use for the ENTIRE tournament, so choose wisely. 

Reveal hidden contents
Pokemon:
Ability:
Moves:
EV Spread:
IVs:
Time/Date of capture/breed:

This information will be made publicly available for everyone in the tournament. This is for a number of reasons
  Hide contents
1: Due to restrictions in MMO we are unable to have a bring 6, select 4 format like traditional VGC. Making everyone's team publicly available ensures that you can preview your opponents team and select 4 like traditional VGC.
2: With a no switching teams format, the player's with more resources will inevitably get detailed scouts on everyone in the tournament. We are removing this problem by making every single team public and scoutable, ensuring that skill and initial team selection are the reasons for winning.
3: This rule also allows the host to participate, because host bias/advantage is removed.

Each battle will be a 4v4 Doubles best of 3 format. Winner will be the first player to win 2 rounds. 

You may bring any combination of 4 mons from your team of 6 each round.

Item clause will be in affect in addition to the standard rules. Meaning you can only have 1 of each item on your team.

In the event of a disconnect during the battle. The player who disconnected automatically forfeits that round regardless of when/how it happened. Claims for exceptional circumstances during a disconnect will be considered by the host.

Cheating:

Reveal hidden contents
Each player is strongly encouraged to take a video recording at the start of each round, opening each tab on your pokemon to ensure it matches the team you submitted. This can be done using software or simply a phone recording as long as it's legible. This is to protect you from the following

In the event you suspect your opponent of cheating you have 24 hours from the end of your battle or until the week's deadline to submit a claim (whichever is soonest). Please provide any damage calculations, proof of illegal moves/sets (screenshots required) and which round(s) this occured in.

In the event of a cheating claim, the accused will be asked to submit video recordings to immediately clear up the issue. The host will also look over damage calculations. 

In the event the accused cannot provide video, and cheating can be proved the accused is immediately banned from the tournament, all wins will be reversed and the cheat will be banned from future VGC seasonals. 

If the accused cannot provide video and cheating cannot be proved/disproved the battle will be subject to a do-over at the host's discretion.

Schedule:

Donations: NOW!!!
Signups: Stage 2 open signups Monday July 18th @ 11AM EST (ON THIS THREAD, EARLY SIGNUPS NOT ACCEPTED)
Signup Auction: Starts Wednesday July 20th @ 11AM EST
Week 1: Monday July 25th - Sunday July 31st
Week 2: Monday Aug 1st - Sunday Aug 7th
Week 3: Monday Aug 8th - Sunday Aug 14th
Finals: Saturday August 20th @ 11AM EST

Prizes:

The winner of each group: 1m each

3rd place in finals: 20% of donations and proceeds from auction
2nd place in finals: 30% of donations and proceeds from auction
1st place in finals: 50% of donations and proceeds from auction, one limited time vanity from that season and a signature to show off

Donations:

My goal with this tournament is to make VGC a competitive and fun format on PokeMMO. Understanding there is a lack of competitive unofficials outside of PSL and worthwhile doubles officials my goal with donations is lofty. Any excess on the donation count will be added to the pot for future seasons.

Please mail all donations to Docpbc - Titled VGC Donation

Donations - 2m/20m

Docpbc - 2m + Limited time vanity

Because there will be a Group Stage, i suggest something to not get problems when counting the points. Do 3 matchs each week against your oponent, each match gives 1 point to winner(3-0 Victorys will value 3 points to winner, but 2-1 wins will give 2 points to winner and 1 to loser.) In a championship that i compete on showdown, we do this and reduce greatly the chances of Drawing.

Just now, caioxlive13 said:

Because there will be a Group Stage, i suggest something to not get problems when counting the points. Do 3 matchs each week against your oponent, each match gives 1 point to winner(3-0 Victorys will value 3 points to winner, but 2-1 wins will give 2 points to winner and 1 to loser.) In a championship that i compete on showdown, we do this and reduce greatly the chances of Drawing.

In the event of a draw, we will take the head to head result between the two players. I won't count individual rounds as its a best of 3, in some cases the 3rd game wont be played.

5 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

In the event of a draw, we will take the head to head result between the two players. I won't count individual rounds as its a best of 3, in some cases the 3rd game wont be played.

But isn't a bo3, because like i sayed: 3-0 Victorys will value 3 points to winner, but 2-1 wins will give 2 points to winner and 1 to loser.

This is only to avoid issues on Eliminatory Rounds, and to get more hype to tournament. also, make the Group Stage more hot, especially to decide the 1st place and get a "weaker" opponent on Quarterfinals("weaker" is only to say that oponent aren't doing a good tour). Can happen a scenario when a player lose the first game by 2-1 and wins the others with the 3-0 result. If the player that wins against him win the other matches by 2-1, he will pass on 2nd place, even with three wins, and the other that gets 2 wins pass on 1st place.

Edited by caioxlive13
Just now, caioxlive13 said:

But isn't a bo3, because like i sayed: 3-0 Victorys will value 3 points to winner, but 2-1 wins will give 2 points to winner and 1 to loser.

This is only to avoid issues on Eliminatory Rounds, and to get more hype to tournament. also, make the Group Stage more hot, especially to decide the 1st place and get a "weaker" opponent on Quarterfinals("weaker" is only to say that oponent aren't doing a good tour)

Sorry, I clarified in the original post.

3-0 victory or 2-1 victory = 1 point

Losing = 0

15 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

Ayeeee, I love the open information format. I think EVs can stay hidden though? 

This may be worth a poll, some mons it’s not a big deal, but being able to move EVs around based on your opponents team could be an issue… namely mons like Garchomp who can drop down speed tiers  without the likes of Hydrei etc 

3 hours ago, Kepzal said:

Open information is good, but in VGC the greatest thing is that no one can see what you brought no matter how much they know your team, they will only know the leads from the beginning, the other two in back do not

You can play without team preview im pretty sure.

On 7/9/2022 at 9:46 AM, DoctorPBC said:

This may be worth a poll, some mons it’s not a big deal, but being able to move EVs around based on your opponents team could be an issue… namely mons like Garchomp who can drop down speed tiers  without the likes of Hydrei etc 

Yeah this is definitely an issue. But hosts can keep an eye on matches and if mosf stuff gets recorded you can kind of look for suspicious damage calcs or speed from game to game. If you know what I mean. Anyone caught changing EVs should then immediately be banned from the tournament.

9 hours ago, Kepzal said:

Open information is good, but in VGC the greatest thing is that no one can see what you brought no matter how much they know your team, they will only know the leads from the beginning, the other two in back do not

Yeah this will be the case here too.

5 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

You can play without team preview im pretty sure.

Yeah this is definitely an issue. But hosts can keep an eye on matches and if mosf stuff gets recorded you can kind of look for suspicious damage calcs or speed from game to game. If you know what I mean. Anyone caught changing EVs should then immediately be banned from the tournament.

Yeah honesty this is more hassle than it’s worth. Especially when people are still going to be able to scout and run calcs to get a solid idea of spreads.