PokeMMO VGC - Season 0 - CONGRATULATIONS YJOS

While waiting for Edwardinho I am going to clear some things up, also thanks to the staff member that cleaned this thread up who I wont name at risk of them being flamed by jajas

1: I don't owe anyone answers, especially those with no involvement in this tournament

2: I didn't take a bribe, and never have for ANY unofficial

3: My first and only goal with this tournament is to have fun, unofficials have been hijacked in the past by poor hosts who have taken the fun out of these tournaments, with strict rules and stupid decisions. My hope is that PSL, WC and others can eventually get back to being fun with some good hosts.

4: With the concept of fun in mind, I made the best decision I could make last week in regards to Eric and Killua. Its not as cut and dry as saying either I fucked up or killua cheated. He made a mistake with his team, I accepted that a mistake was made (with no deliberate attempt to cheat) and any battles he had already played were given to his opponent. From there I let fun take over, the remaining battles were played and the fairest outcome was reached.

I won't be commenting further on the matter. If Gbwead and Caioxlive feel so passionate about the matter I encourage them to keep running their shitty tournaments elsewhere

Edited by DoctorPBC

Week 3 and we've already had a few milestones in the tournament. Comment trivia about the tour, especifically abou the usage of mons. And yes, i gather all data from this seasonal and i will keep the work until seasonal ends. You can check the spreadsheet here

- Did you know that since week 2, when Hitmontop took the lead in the usage table for the first time, it has been the most used on the tour, present in 45 of the 98 used teams (Including repeats) and having 45.92% usage?

- Even being so used, did you know that Hitmontop wasn't the first pokemon to have won 20 games? In fact, he hasn't even reached that mark yet. The first pokemon to reach this mark was too present in week 2. Milotic. 32.65% use and 62.50% Win Rate, 20 wins in 32 teams being used.

- All top 10 pokemons used were used in at least 20 starting line-ups of matches (The 6 you bring and you have to select 4 of them to play.)
- In no match were Torkoal and Venusaur separated. In absolutely every match that Torkoal was in the starting line-up, Venusaur was also there, and vice versa. Because of this, they both share the exact same 19 uses and 8 wins. A nice couple from VGC, no?

- Did you know that Mienshao, which is one of the most used Traditional Doubles pokemons, in VGC only got the first victory in the 3rd week? And even then your player still lost the game 2-1. 5 uses and 1 win is not something that matches your winning profile.

On 8/11/2022 at 10:52 AM, DoctorPBC said:

Week 3:

Group A:

(1) Nagahex vs Kepzal (2)

(1) Sebat vs Realdevillegend (2)

Group B:

(2) ikillua vs GabrielAZ (1)

(1) Ericthegreat vs Tehkharma (2)

Group C:.

(2) Badbaarsito vs Kokenocastro (0)

(2) DocPBC vs Edwardinho (0)

Group D:.

(2) Jhowteon vs BYE FREE WEEK

(1) Akarukoyoko vs Gabuchox (2)

Group E:

(2) Yjos vs Mediomuerto (forfeit)

(2) Neblinamist vs AaronRC (0)

Remember you all have something to play for still, 1 win can still get you into the final bracket. Good luck all!

I posted late, so deadline is 8pm EST 08/18

Hey everyone, thank you so much for your participation in the group stages. Here are the final standings for groups https://challonge.com/x6a64ujh/groups

Spoiler

Group A:

1st: Kepzal (head to head win vs RDL)

2nd: Realdevillegend

3rd: Nagahex

4th: Sebat

Group B:

1st: TehKharma

2nd: ikillua

3rd: GabrielAZ

4th: Ericthegreat

Group C.:

1st: Me

2nd: Badbaarsito

3rd: KokenoCastro

4th: Edwardinho

Group D.:

1st: 3 way tie - Gabuchox, Akarukoyuko, Jhowteon

4th: BYE

Group E:

1st: Neblinamist

2nd: Yjos

3rd: AaronRC

4th: Mediomuerto

Prizes for group winners will be mailed out, in the case of Group D having a 3 way tie the 1m will be split between the 3

Now. Given we had a weird format with 20 players, then a bye and Medio becoming a bye after 1 week, I was purposely quiet on how finals would work this Saturday. As it happens we have had 4 spots finish without a win. Those 4 will become reserves for the 16 man bracket.

That leaves us with 16 players, making it really easy to do a straight bracket. Players have been split up in the bracket based upon their W/L record. Everyone with 3 wins has a round 1 vs anyone that got 1 W. For those with 2 wins you have been randomly matched up with everyone left, avoiding people from the same group facing off in round 1 and those with 3 wins unable to play each other until Semifinals

https://challonge.com/gxhe4lnz

The final bracket for this tournament will be played Saturday August 20th @ 11AM EST

Please react to confirm your participation

Spoiler

RealDevilLegend @isi1993

AaronRC @AaronRC

KokenoCastro @KokenoCastro

Yjos @YJos

TehKharma @PKTxKharma

Nagahex @NagaX

AkaruKoyuko @Akaruyo

Jhowteon @JhowCrazy

Badbaarsito @Xigbar

Gabuchox @Gabriel20

GabrielAZ @GabrielAZ

Sebat @Sebat

Neblinamist @Neblinamist

Kepzal @Kepzal

ikillua @lKillua

Edited by DoctorPBC
  • DoctorPBC changed the title to PokeMMO VGC - Season 0 - FINALS SATURDAY 11 AM EST

Final of Week 3, usage Updated!

image.png.ee24f2b9ddc8447384c0c757a74ddae3.png

image.png.626e8704615f0e8308d5d8838d159196.png

probablly this is the final usage from VGC Season 0, unless DoctorPBC put on challonge bracket the results of matches(2-0 or 2-1). Otherwise, i can't update this.

And...  48 teams used hitmontop on the 54 matches? Even on VGC, people still like using Hitmontop on Doubles.

Edited by caioxlive13
On 8/17/2022 at 9:17 PM, DoctorPBC said:

Hey everyone, thank you so much for your participation in the group stages. Here are the final standings for groups https://challonge.com/x6a64ujh/groups

Reveal hidden contents

Group A:

1st: Kepzal (head to head win vs RDL)

2nd: Realdevillegend

3rd: Nagahex

4th: Sebat

Group B:

1st: TehKharma

2nd: ikillua

3rd: GabrielAZ

4th: Ericthegreat

Group C.:

1st: Me

2nd: Badbaarsito

3rd: KokenoCastro

4th: Edwardinho

Group D.:

1st: 3 way tie - Gabuchox, Akarukoyuko, Jhowteon

4th: BYE

Group E:

1st: Neblinamist

2nd: Yjos

3rd: AaronRC

4th: Mediomuerto

Prizes for group winners will be mailed out, in the case of Group D having a 3 way tie the 1m will be split between the 3

Now. Given we had a weird format with 20 players, then a bye and Medio becoming a bye after 1 week, I was purposely quiet on how finals would work this Saturday. As it happens we have had 4 spots finish without a win. Those 4 will become reserves for the 16 man bracket.

That leaves us with 16 players, making it really easy to do a straight bracket. Players have been split up in the bracket based upon their W/L record. Everyone with 3 wins has a round 1 vs anyone that got 1 W. For those with 2 wins you have been randomly matched up with everyone left, avoiding people from the same group facing off in round 1 and those with 3 wins unable to play each other until Semifinals

https://challonge.com/gxhe4lnz

The final bracket for this tournament will be played Saturday August 20th @ 11AM EST

Please react to confirm your participation

Reveal hidden contents

RealDevilLegend @isi1993

AaronRC @AaronRC

KokenoCastro @KokenoCastro

Yjos @YJos

TehKharma @PKTxKharma

Nagahex @NagaX

AkaruKoyuko @Akaruyo

Jhowteon @JhowCrazy

Badbaarsito @Xigbar

Gabuchox @Gabriel20