PokeMMO VGC - Season 0 - CONGRATULATIONS YJOS

35 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

Context: 

On his lineup (https://pastebin.com/VEFKibZm) he has bronzong with "Moves: gyro ball/prote/ ally switch/ trick room" [sic] 

He used psychic and I was like wtf

so I decided to play it out not knowing what would happen and he won. 

After the match I let him know that his lineup is wrong according to what he sent in and the following happened.convo2.thumb.png.5abc27ccb665b289b777300e60d9adc5.png

psychicg1.png

I saw him playing last week with psychic bronzong against TehKharma as well I Do not see any kind of drama. Most likely is weird a complain about it. Is better to wait DoctorPBC and see what will happen 

12 minutes ago, Xigbar said:

I saw him playing last week with psychic bronzong against TehKharma as well I Do not see any kind of drama. Most likely is weird a complain about it. Is better to wait DoctorPBC and see what will happen 

I mean what is there to discuss, moveset does not align with the submitted. Rules state:
"In the event the accused cannot provide video, and cheating can be proved the accused is immediately banned from the tournament, all wins will be reversed and the cheat will be banned from future VGC seasonals."
Sounds pretty clear to me. Also the fact that "he used it against TehKharma" does not make it better but rather worse. Only out is if @DoctorPBCactually fucked up and didn't update the info, in which case a rematch is still discussable. I don't think he just randomly changed one move while copy-pasting the mons tho, so seems pretty unlikely.

19 minutes ago, gbwead said:

¿Los jugadores pueden cambiar los diferenciales de ev? Veo movimientos, naturaleza, fecha de captura y otros detalles en el pastebin, pero nada sobre ev spreads.

it is not allowed to change evs

Edited by KokenoCastro
1 hour ago, EricTheGreat said:

Context: 

On his lineup (https://pastebin.com/VEFKibZm) he has bronzong with "Moves: gyro ball/prote/ ally switch/ trick room" [sic] 

He used psychic and I was like wtf

so I decided to play it out not knowing what would happen and he won. 

After the match I let him know that his lineup is wrong according to what he sent in and the following happened.convo2.thumb.png.5abc27ccb665b289b777300e60d9adc5.png

psychicg1.png

It's true I did not realised in the past there was not psychic, and it killed my hitmontop 1 game 
For me it was logic that brozong has psyhic but if it was pure cheating then it's kinda cheap

52 minutes ago, CHUCKunso said:

I mean what is there to discuss, moveset does not align with the submitted. Rules state:
"In the event the accused cannot provide video, and cheating can be proved the accused is immediately banned from the tournament, all wins will be reversed and the cheat will be banned from future VGC seasonals."
Sounds pretty clear to me. Also the fact that "he used it against TehKharma" does not make it better but rather worse. Only out is if @DoctorPBCactually fucked up and didn't update the info, in which case a rematch is still discussable. I don't think he just randomly changed one move while copy-pasting the mons tho, so seems pretty unlikely.

I understand that and I'm agree with you about the rule. I think taht maybe DoctorPBC make a mistake on the document. The rematch should be discussed but not a guarantee of get one. 

I also think that this mistake should be announce in the middle of the duel when He notice it and not until the end after he lost the match.

58 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Are players allowed to change ev spreads? I see moves, nature, date if capture and other details in the pastebin, but nothing about ev spreads.

No rule showing that we cannot or we can but anyway I do not think that someone changed the ev's

28 minutes ago, PKTxKharma said:

It's true I did not realised in the past there was not psychic, and it killed my hitmontop 1 game 
For me it was logic that brozong has psyhic but if it was pure cheating then it's kinda cheap

Oof that'd be pretty serious impact even.

7 minutes ago, Xigbar said:

I also think that this mistake should be announce in the middle of the duel when He notice it and not until the end after he lost the match.

Well I do get the point of playing the game itself out to have a "result" and to postpone the rest of the set till there is a host decision which is the approach Eric rightfully took.

5 minutes ago, CHUCKunso said:

Oof that'd be pretty serious impact even.

Well I do get the point of playing the game itself out to have a "result" and to postpone the rest of the set till there is a host decision which is the approach Eric rightfully took.

I do not think is rightfully choice that one. If He have the issue about it, It was easier forfeit the battle for make it notice than just let the duel pass. This make a lot of questions for everybody cause You can see another scenarios. If Eric instead of lose the game. Won the game Should he say something? Is very suspicious I saw all the duel but meh. Is part of Doctor job take part of this and check what will happen. Let the duel continue make everythign very suspicious. 

Edited by Xigbar
18 minutes ago, Xigbar said:

I understand that and I'm agree with you about the rule. I think taht maybe DoctorPBC make a mistake on the document. The rematch should be discussed but not a guarantee of get one. 

5 minutes ago, Xigbar said:

I do not think is rightfully choice that one. If He have the issue about it, It was easier forfeit the battle for make it notice than just let the duel pass. This make a lot of questions for everybody cause You can see another scenarios. If Eric instead of lose the game. Won the game Should he say something? Is very suspicious I saw all the duel but meh. Is part of Doctor job take part of this and check what will happen. Let the duel continue make everythign very suspicious. 

It doesn't matter if I stop the duel at that point or not, he made the error of using an invalid pokemon according to his roster. If this isn't *at least* a rematch then wtf was the point of submitting rosters if people don't have to follow them?

If he submitted the correct set and DocPBC made a mistake then that is a different situation.

Edited by EricTheGreat
6 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

It doesn't matter if I stop the duel at that point or not, he made the error of using an invalid pokemon according to his roster. If this isn't *at least* a rematch then wtf was the point of submitting rosters if people don't have to follow them?

If he submitted the correct set and DocPBC made a mistake then that is a different situation.

It mattered a lot. Stop a duel cuase you are following the rule of someone cheating make more sense than continue the duel, lose and then claim that someone cheat you is like I said before. Weird. Why does Killua should give u a rematch if the one who make the mistake was the host? just as an example. I saw the complete duel and Killus fucked up the duel gyro ball make more damage than psychic actually but whatever.

So lets wait till doctor speak. You are saying that killua is a cheater without knowing if he make the mistake or it was doctor. SO is fair to think that maybe is just cause you lose the game.

Lets wait till doctor make an statement and see who make the mistake.

5 minutes ago, Xigbar said:

Why does Killua should give u a rematch if the one who make the mistake was the host?

Well if Doc did the mistake playing this game out was even more correct compared to just stopping it in this situation? But then again even if Doc made the mistake it's still a tricky situation because one person has more info as the other.

2 minutes ago, CHUCKunso said:

Well if Doc did the mistake playing this game out was even more correct compared to just stopping it in this situation? But then again even if Doc made the mistake it's still a tricky situation because one person has more info as the other.

Still better to stop the game. Stop the game and wait till doctor say something about it. It was easier, and You avoid this useless drama.

DoctorPBC have all the pastes on his inbox and everything. He should be able to see who make the mistake at the end. 

Doc, if you don't matter, i will pick up the pastebin of teams to build a smaller usage data. This is only because i'm trying to make a "Restricted" format, that in original VGC legendarys are restricted but on MMO we don't use legendarys, so the idea is pick the most used and put on restrict list. Those mons on restricted list will not be banned, but a player can't use more than two mons on restrict list. You can use the format if want to next VGC season.

Edited by caioxlive13

image.png.f45bc0e916171dcf84a5e0e7a38825f3.png
This is usage from first week only. A reminder, i'm counting the times that mons appeared on team preview, and not the times that mons enter on battle. If a player submitted their team but don't played, i will not count the mons of him on usage.

This table is sorted by High to low.

Click here to see the usage counted until now. I will only release this screenshots after the end of week, and usage is sum of Current Weak + All previous ones.

Edited by caioxlive13

@lKillua @EricTheGreat

I can see the drama has finally happened. I am going to be as fair as possible here

The rules from my original post were quite clear, no changing movesets, EV spreads etc and if you were caught deliberately changing you'd be subject to punitive action.

Ikillua, I understand you pleading your case over discord. However you have 100% edited your discord message to me with your team, as I straight copied and pasted your information into the pastebin (and given it was the second move on the Bronzong spreads, its not like it was clipped off in the paste). When you saw a mistake you had made prior to week one involving your excadrill not having earthquake, you messaged me and we fixed it before anyone played. Since battles have begun in week 1 I have not allowed anyone to change movesets or spreads, as @Xigbar can attest to.

Regarding your other message on discord "why would I do a relaxed zong gyro without a special attack?". The simple answer is trick room, the lengthy answer is I dont know but im not here to question your sets or spreads. It is also not my job to double check with everyone if a mistake was made with specific moves, as a competitor it is your job to have your team ready and correctly movesetted.

I am sorry that you did not see your mistake prior to now, however given how strict and how clear I made the rules regarding this tournament I cannot bend them because of a mistake made on your end (not mine as your whisper conversation with Eric implied).

I am led to believe that only the first battle of the best of 3 has been played. And that given that I believe this was a genuinely honest mistake. That battle will be an automatic forfeit for you @lKillua, but I will ask the two of you to please arrange a time to play the second battle (and potentially the third) ASAP. The bronzong must follow https://pastebin.com/VEFKibZm

Edited by DoctorPBC
4 hours ago, PKTxKharma said:

unknown.png

It has come to my attention Kharm also got screwed over by the moveset error from @lKillua last week. lkillua thank you for your honesty regarding using a move you initially did not select.

@PKTxKharma @lKillua the week one result has been reversed.

Let this drama be a warning/heads up to everyone else, make sure the stuff you are using is the same as your pastebin. And for future seasons make sure you send in the correct movesets