PokeMMO VGC - Season 0 - CONGRATULATIONS YJOS

5 minutes ago, KokenoCastro said:

2-0

thank you

Usage Updated! 
image.png.f07ccca69f28f7fc3e81b55eaf441879.png
image.png.abfcec762d910bacbb525e1c07d783e0.png

Mons on Red Zone will be placed on Restrict List of Restricted National Dex Format. Mons on Yellow zone are being avaliated and are subject to being moved to restrict list. Mons on green zone are out of any risk of being restricted. 

Edited by caioxlive13
3 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Doc, if you don't matter, i will pick up the pastebin of teams to build a smaller usage data. This is only because i'm trying to make a "Restricted" format, that in original VGC legendarys are restricted but on MMO we don't use legendarys, so the idea is pick the most used and put on restrict list. Those mons on restricted list will not be banned, but a player can't use more than two mons on restrict list. You can use the format if want to next VGC season.

Unless someone else is running VGC, I appreciate you making usage but I will not be restricting mons in my tournaments unless something is inherently broken or OP.

I also wont be deciding it based upon usage, as you can see from your graphic some mons are more commonly used, but none of them are outright winning everygame

Edited by DoctorPBC
12 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

Unless someone else is running VGC, I appreciate you making usage but I will not be restricting mons in my tournaments

Three formats are avaliable to be used. Regional dex, Open National Dex and Restricted National Dex. I will gather the usage to players interessed on host this tour on 3rd format. Or simply banning most used mons(simmilar to USA 1999 Cup, when the mons used by the Top 4 of tour, all get banned from next year Cup) on their tour. But i will prefer to play on restricted when building a tour, that's the reason to i get all that data. Your format is the open, so you can just ignore the restrict part. You can use the data to prepare a mon for prize of this tour, checking the most used and choosing one to be the Prize for winner.

I also wont be deciding it based upon usage, as you can see from your graphic some mons are more commonly used, but none of them are outright winning everygame

this is a good point, checking only mons that are used on at least 5 matches, the mons with best winrate is Gigalith and Hariyama, both with 70%, but both are used on only 10 games. And except for the big 3 of VGC(Hitmontop, Salamence and Metagross), don't have a single mon that gets 10 wins. Porygon2 and Milotic are the most closest mons to this mark, Porygon2 with 30% usage and 50% winrate(9 wins out of 18 games being used) and Milotic with 25% use and 60% winrate(9 wins out of 15 games being used)

Other reason to get the data is for project suggested on OrangeManiac's post on this subforum, the PokéMMO Olympic Games. One of format included is VGC, but the Restricted format will be played, so i need to get the list anyway.

Edited by caioxlive13

@caioxlive13Until you have hundreds of games logged, usage/wr don't really give you much as player skill & team composition/synergy (especially in this format) are more important factors.

Once you have the entire season logged, it's possible that there is some data in there that could be of use in the future, but it's not guaranteed to be helpful.

3 hours ago, DoctorPBC said:

However you have 100% edited your discord message to me with your team, as I straight copied and pasted your information into the pastebin (and given it was the second move on the Bronzong spreads, its not like it was clipped off in the paste).

What's the edit date and time?

5 hours ago, Draekyn said:

@caioxlive13Until you have hundreds of games logged, usage/wr don't really give you much as player skill & team composition/synergy (especially in this format) are more important factors.

Once you have the entire season logged, it's possible that there is some data in there that could be of use in the future, but it's not guaranteed to be helpful.

I think you don't understand. Restricted mons will not get banned(On VGC almost nothing get banned by competitive reasons(the only thing banned by competitive reasons is Smeargle + Dark Void), only banning because of Softlock problems(Wobbufet + Leftovers) or other bizzare reasons(24 mons banned on USA Cup of 1999(the mons used by the top four of event), to be used on next year.), the players cannot use more than 2 restricted mons on their team, if they play on restrict format. The idea of restricting the most used is to players use different mons and try on VGC, some thing unique that in regular doubles they don't try to use. After i collected the data of Week 1 and 2, i've seen that only the fact of you don't use 2 mons, do a great difference on usage of mons. For example: Originally mienshao would be on restrict list because of their usage on Doubles, but i will remove them because of having a poorly performance on VGC. On 43rd position of usage list(Sharing the position with Reuniclus) and with 0 wins. And serperior, that Originally aren't on restrict list, will be restricted because of their excelent performance on VGC. 8th more used and have 7 games wons. Even if 7 wins is a low number, he becomes high when you put on table that only 30 matches of VGC are played until now, on this tour, with serperior appearing 15 times.

Edited by caioxlive13
7 hours ago, gbwead said:

But how can people know if ev spreads are not noted?

5 hours ago, PKTxKharma said:

We don't know, tbh I did sent my ev to Doc
You can't know if you opponent changed his ev unless you watched everygame with dmg, ect..

There is a whole thing discussing this back somewhere on page 1/2

alot of players had concerns revealing EV spreads that they had worked hard to customize and build. I agreed so we decided to keep them secret

this does allow the sneaky individuals/cheats to change their EV spreads. We strongly encourage people not to, due to competitive integrity…. But ultimately until a better system is implemented by devs it can’t be helped 

if calcs don’t add up from different battles (IE a Salamence under speeding Hydreigon one week, then out speeding it the next) then we can catch that player. 

otherwise we are revealing pretty much all the info you would get from a standard VGC game on the handhelds. 

Edit: if your EV spreads are any good they shouldn’t be getting customized regardless 

Edited by DoctorPBC

Ohhh the drama

if there is things I need to address I’ll do so tomorrow, currently on a night shift with just my phone and I can’t focus on the walls of text

Week 3 matchups also out tomorrow. But you can probably figure out who you play before then if inclined 

The best part of this thread is gbwead demanding answers 😄

Week 2:

Spoiler

Group A

(1) Realdevillegend vs Kepzal (2)

(0) Sebat vs Nagahex (2)

Group B

(2) Tehkharma vs GabrielAZ (1)

(1) Ericthegreat vs lkillua (2)

Group C

(0) Edwardinho vs KokenoCastro (2)

(2) DocPBC vs Badbaarsito (0)

Group D

(2) Gabuchox vs BYE FREE WEEK

(2) Akarukoyuko  vs Jhowteon (0)

Group E

(1) AaronRC vs Yjos (2)

(2) Neblinamist vs Mediomuerto (forfeit)

Week 3:

Group A:

Nagahex vs Kepzal

Sebat vs Realdevillegend

Group B:

ikillua vs GabrielAZ

Ericthegreat vs Tehkharma

Group C:.

Badbaarsito vs Kokenocastro

DocPBC vs Edwardinho

Group D:.

(2) Jhowteon vs BYE FREE WEEK

Akarukoyoko vs Gabuchox

Group E:

(2) Yjos vs Mediomuerto (forfeit)

Neblinamist vs AaronRC

Remember you all have something to play for still, 1 win can still get you into the final bracket. Good luck all!

I posted late, so deadline is 8pm EST 08/18

Edited by DoctorPBC
  • DoctorPBC changed the title to PokeMMO VGC - Season 0 - WEEK 3 POSTED