Could the addition of hidden abilities bring LC back?

With hidden abilities (slowly) being added, I believe this could bring a new life to LC. Firstly, we could get a lot of exciting abilities such as drought Vulpix to pair with chlorophyll Bulbasaur, magic guard Abra, marvel scale Dratini, and not forgetting my 100% all time favourite swift swim Psyduck! Not to mention plenty more possible abilities. 

This could 100% bring popularity and excitement (well, as much excitment as there can be with PokeMMO PvP) back to LC and would be the perfect time to try again. So many possible variations of pokemon and wild team building. New abilities that these adorable baby pokemon will never get to experience or use ;-; 💔

Even the less popular pokemon and/or abilities would get used as people work out new abilities and ways to counter pokemon. All in all, I believe with the addition of HA's, this is the moment to try again.

(yes I tried to write an intelligent and long post, but all I wanted to write was 'give us back LC'. I tried, ok!)

Edited by hannahtaylor
2 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

With hidden abilities (slowly) being added, I believe this could bring a new life to LC. Firstly, we could get a lot of exciting abilities such as drought Vulpix to pair with chlorophyll Bulbasaur, magic guard Abra, marvel scale Dratini, and not forgetting my 100% all time favourite swift swim Psyduck! Not to mention plenty more possible abilities. 

This could 100% bring popularity and excitement (well, as much excitment as there can be with PokeMMO PvP) back to LC and would be the perfect time to try again. So many possible variations of pokemon and wild team building. New abilities that these adorable baby pokemon will never get to experience or use ;-; 💔

Even the less popular pokemon and/or abilities would get used as people work out new abilities and ways to counter pokemon. All in all, I believe with the addition of HA's, this is the moment to try again.

(yes I tried to write an ingelligent and long post, but all I wanted to write was 'give us back LC'. I tried, ok!)

Good luck with that, although I never got to try the tier I always found it interesting 

What was the reason they removed this tier? I quit the game when that happened 

2 minutes ago, Tutan said:

Good luck with that, although I never got to try the tier I always found it interesting 

What was the reason they removed this tier? I quit the game when that happened 

Here you can read devs trying to be sorry for something they didn't want to put efforts in. 

30 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Here you can read devs trying to be sorry for something they didn't want to put efforts in. 

Devs: We close LC because we don't have enough players to play him.
LCPL with 7 teams of at least 10 players, playing a lot of formats based on LC: Hmm.. ok...

7 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Devs: We close LC because we don't have enough players to play him.
LCPL with 7 teams of at least 10 players, playing a lot of formats based on LC: Hmm.. ok...

So 70 players in a game with thousands is a lot?

Not to defend them, but this kinda proves their point. I doubt it would gain any tracking in matchmaking as even lower tiers dont gain any. But it being community hosted isnt a bad thing, better prize pools, better engagement with the players.

2 hours ago, razimove said:

So 70 players in a game with thousands is a lot?

Not to defend them, but this kinda proves their point. I doubt it would gain any tracking in matchmaking as even lower tiers dont gain any. But it being community hosted isnt a bad thing, better prize pools, better engagement with the players.

For me, LC looks more alive than NU/UU/Doubles actually.

Spoiler

It is unlikely that the tier has any significant growth potential, due to its gimmick-y nature and the difficulty of building for it without a guide or stat calculator, it stands little chance of gaining a large enough player-base to keep matches running consistently if given a matchmaking slot.

Nothing changed. I recommend trying lc on showdown

12 hours ago, Quinn010 said:
  Hide contents

It is unlikely that the tier has any significant growth potential

Laughing. The community bring 70 players to last LCPL. Doubles are failing to fulfill a simple 64-spot tour. Doubles still are on Game, why not giving to LC a chance?

1 hour ago, hannahtaylor said:

Sounds like UU and NU to me 🤷‍♀️

The only time they didn't fill was during the update lol, every other one filled (excluding the stupid 3am hosted ones). I'm not against LC coming back, but let's not pretend like it is remotely comparable to the playerbase of NU or even UU.

Edited by Lvkee