Catching Combo on PokéMMO

caioxlive13

Question

Hello. In this post, i want to suggest a feature implemented on some recent games of pokemon(LGPE and LA). 

- What is a catch combo?

Like the name says, is a combo of catched mon. Especifically, a combo of catched mons from the same species.

- How the combo affects pokemons?

In original games, they increase the Shiny chance slighty. Here, we know that devs will not implement this.
On Minecraft's Pokémon mod, that i will confirm with mods if i can say on forum their name, the combo affect the IVs roll. Better the combo, better the IVs.

- How could work on PokéMMO?

Can work of this way: Each time you catch a mon, increase the chance of 0,1% of come a shiny(to a maximum of 10%), and increase the Minimum IV that pokemon will have in 10(to a maximum of 120).

Catching the mon will keep and increase the combo. Horde encounter doesn't increase the catching count, however don't break the combo if you defeat the horde, or flee.
 After 30 minutes without increase, the combo will vanish.
 Other encounters don't affect the combo if you flee/defeat the mon, but ends if you catch. Example: If you are on a middle of a Eevee Catching Combo, and found a fearow, the combo of eevee will not break if you flee or defeat fearow. However, if you catch, the Eevee combo will end and will start a Fearow Combo.
 Shiny encounters will count as x3 on catching combo, Pokemon from Safari Zone will count as x2(but break chain if flee.). Both stacks beetween each other.(Shiny on Safari means +6 encounters on combo.)
If you flee/defeat a mon of same species of your chain , it vanish, except hordes. Example: If you are on a Rapidash combo, found a Rapidash in a single encounter and flee, then the chain ends. if are a Rapidash Horde, will not end.

5 answers to this question

I do like how you can get easier shiny chances from catch combos but the thing is its not like lets go where you can catch pokemon without weakening them, yes some pokemon have to get weakened to be caught otherwise it is very hard to catch and some just get in a regular pokeball very easily like the low level pokemon for example Rattata and pidgey from route 1 in Kanto they can be caught in pokeballs all the time, another thing why its a really pain in the butt is bc you will have to release the pokemon from boxes, its really a pain to do that since you know its a thing that someones has to do cus I know some people are lazy and don't really want to remove pokemon from their boxes but anyways good idea but since this is not like the lets go game its going to be much harder 

I honestly love your idea.

That would make the shiny hunters more humans, but I also feel like that would be like an earthquake in the PokeMMO economy. After a couple of months, shiny common Pokemons like Magikarp or Zubat or even worse Tentacool will be probably worth less than 100k, while the rare Pokemons are gonna increase in price like crazy.

But I feel like your idea could be a good beginning for some similar mechanics.

35 minutes ago, ScizoMonkey said:

I honestly love your idea.

That would make the shiny hunters more humans, but I also feel like that would be like an earthquake in the PokeMMO economy. After a couple of months, shiny common Pokemons like Magikarp or Zubat or even worse Tentacool will be probably worth less than 100k, while the rare Pokemons are gonna increase in price like crazy.

But I feel like your idea could be a good beginning for some similar mechanics.

The intent is get a little more easily to get some Single-hunt shinys, without the pain of try to Egg-hunt him. Especially if him breed only with ditto, case of Hitmons.(Top, Lee and Chan.) And some mons that are extremelly rare, like eevee, you certainly will want to catch multiple of them until get a good of him to spend less on breeding. And i sayed on suggestion: Hordes aren't affected and doesn't affect chain, estimulating the Single encounters to shinyhunt. And, to get the maximum profit, they need to catch 100 mons, to get the maximum % bonus, but the chances, combiney with the Shiny Charm and donator, will be good. 1/(((30000 * 90%)* 90%)* 90%) = 1/((27000 * 90%)* 90%) =  1/(24300 * 90%) = 1/21870. Will be 27,1% more easier to get a shiny eevee, once you catch 100 eevees. But you will need to catch every eevee that you find. This is bad and good at same time. Bad because of the limit of space of your box. Good because you can get a eevee with good IVs, because of same combo. Depending of the eevee, you can build him already to competitive, if he don't use Wish, for example(Case of Leafeon, for sun Teams, Espeon and Jolteon, for any team, and Flareon , for Trick Room teams.)

Edited by caioxlive13
19 hours ago, onewatermaster said:

I do like how you can get easier shiny chances from catch combos but the thing is its not like lets go where you can catch pokemon without weakening them, yes some pokemon have to get weakened to be caught otherwise it is very hard to catch and some just get in a regular pokeball very easily like the low level pokemon for example Rattata and pidgey from route 1 in Kanto they can be caught in pokeballs all the time, another thing why its a really pain in the butt is bc you will have to release the pokemon from boxes, its really a pain to do that since you know its a thing that someones has to do cus I know some people are lazy and don't really want to remove pokemon from their boxes but anyways good idea but since this is not like the lets go game its going to be much harder 

Maybe even help with the Dittos issue. Everyone knows how difficult it is to capture just one. This could lessen the suffering a bit, improving the IVs a bit and at least reward the warriors who spend hours farming them.

20 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Maybe even help with the Dittos issue. Everyone knows how difficult it is to capture just one. This could lessen the suffering a bit, improving the IVs a bit and at least reward the warriors who spend hours farming them.

as a ditto farmer I could say this is a good thing to ditto farmers since its not always 100% on the catch with repeat balls or duckballs and with this it will make life easy