Old vanities out of reach

Hey guys i Just wanned to discuss with u thé fact that many old vanities are absolutely out of reach, and even u see one in à year (knkght helmet, flaming Skull, party hat, Jack lantern, kyu hat, desu's labcoat, witch's broomstick...) 

Across time i guess théy will vanish and extinct, and even their prices if u find one in gtl, are very impossible to get, billions... Even if u grind in official events it s always à hard way to get one of em.. How much u re gonna grind in an évent (100m...200m).. 

It s true that old players Who kept their old cosmetics deserve to be earned their prices for keeping Those Nice old cosmetics, but for young generation Who Just joined pokemmo, seeing à scythe here and there or a Jack lantern or even the famous kyu hat makes em frustrated not reaching Those fantastic pokemmo créations.. 

So any suggestion or idea would be appreciated guys

(still waitin for the 3rd part surprise xD) 

I agree with you, I am not against the fact that vanities are expensive, but as you said the very old ones are just disappearing due to the very high numbers of players that leave the game for a long time or even forever.

It would be nice that Vanities come back every ten years. Even as an extra rare reward.

11 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

I dont think you will get a lot of people agreeing, older players that earned/bought something back in the day deserve the rarity due to how long they have been playing...

Yeah and that s why i said théy deserve it, absolutely 100% for that.. Im saying maybe a cash cap.. Like one billion.. To make it reachable, for grinders, just à thought, à 2 hours gym run is àround 500k, two accounts, 1m Day.. In à year 365m.. Each year the price of Those stuffs are rising very high making it impossible to get and very rare.... We ré Just discussing an idea of Ho someone Can even get to one of em while théy ré vanishing each day

29 minutes ago, ScizoMonkey said:

It would be nice that Vanities come back every ten years. Even as an extra rare reward.

I don't think it s à good idea if théy come back every 10 years.. Théy will lose their réal value as à rare old vanity, but maybe maybe making them untradable is an idea.. But it doesnt suit as well.. Théy lose their real value.. Im sûre there s Another good idea laying ahead

1 minute ago, AnzK said:

Chinese players are the ones who should have the most

Chinese, european, americans... Which ever we are one nation  pokemon nation, our religion is pokemmo we speak pokemmo, what Chinese do everybody else Can do.. So we discussin if there s à possible act or à way to get one of em.. We are sure that à persistent daily grind is a way.. And it takes years on a daily process of farming to have an amount of 730m in 2 years, if u grind from 2 accounts 4 hours a Day during 2 years, EACH DAY

If i may......maybe i can provide a bit of insight, from a "non-OG" player. If youre not a fan of reading...allow me to sum it up;

"TLDR-Rare vanities are a big grind, but come with a very big reward"

My intention here, is to hopefully sway your opinion and encourage you to begin one of these "coveted vanity" hunts yourself. Months later, i still log on, see my guy and go "yes. Yes...well done little pokemon avatar. We did it". It is a hunt that i place above any shiny. And sure some OGs might chuckle and say "hehehe OT shinies>all else" but as a player who never had the opportunity to obtain a desu coat...a flame mask...a kyu hat...ghost costume...jack mask. Anybody can go shiny hunt a cyndaquil. New ones are created all the time. New electric storms dont just show up every day. Hunting one. And finally getting it. Is worth every bit of work along the way

I started this game 4 years ago. When i first saw a ghost costume, i went. Wow. Okay. Idk why. But i want that. Im gonna get me that. How much is it??? 

Okay nvm. I guess thats unobtainium

Fast forward a few months....and i had enough. I wanted one so bad. I just decided thats it. Everything i do, from this point forward, is an advancement to make a slightly better offer for a ghost costume than yesterday. And each day (week)1 gym run at a time, the offer got better.

Of course for months and months. My noob offers were nothing close to what one would expect to recieve for a half a billion (at the time) vanity. As my weak offers were rejected. The value only got higher and higher. It seemed to be in the realm of the impossible. But still. I collected 2 or 3 of this. 2 or 3 of that. Particle dittos, event boxes, RP purchased in the low times. Anything and everything of value. Went into the "pile" for a ghost costume. And finally, around 3 months ago, i finally found someone willing to trade this one single vanity for my pile of valuables. 

From player that has grown from "thats impossible"  to "wow. I finally. Finally. Did it"....i must agree that releasing them over again, even if its a 10 year gap, would not only be extremely disrespectful to older, loyal players. It would also be very annoying to the players who have made the grind themselves, and in that resepect, unfair to the new players that would miss out on the value of reaching your impossible goals. 

If youre still here reading....hopefully i have at least opened up a new window of perspective as to why these vanities wont (and shouldnt) be released again. And i double down on the fact that, the sooner you begin your "coveted hunt", the less you will have to pay. Year after year these things get rarer sure, but that also makes the climb harder and the taste of victory that much sweeter. 

Savour your cake. 

Sorry for the rant ♡ love you all

Edited by CanadaSorry

well if you found a secret shiny in the first couple days you could earned alot, the alpha bulba shiny what just got bred is worth billions atm, if your lucky you can get rich really fast if your not lucky youve to play around the market and try to make good investments for the future or grind alot.

in every mmo or game theres something you wanted but cant get unless you played during that time or paid alot of money.

Like WoW those old Mounts

League of Legends Old Skins 

people who bought stuff back than and supported the game in the early days shouldnt be punished now with a value cut.

But yea Its true that new players who are joining right now and seeing those numbers believe that thos numbers are impossible to get, but Its do able over time or with a massive wallet 😄 If you buy something now and hold on to it for some years, like they did , you´ll be rich. 

Also the Money that you can hold or send im not sure, just got increased with the latest update? iirc

Edited by Darkoure

Because of those demands there's hardly any special in any kind of MMO.

Let old limited items be old exclusive items. You may get your hands on some of them, too. Or may have something that will be one of them.

And you'd be heavily pissed if some people demand to devalue what you've farmed for in years.

Its like demanding to reprint the power 9 in MTG or whatever. Selfish demands that kinda ruin what people have grinded for years over years.

Its just vanities and not affecting pvp/balancing in any way, therefore everything is fine.

Edited by Johnwaynee

Let s be certain about sthg here, im not complaining.. Nope.. 

I joined pokemmo since 28 june 2020.. 2 years now.. I grinded à lot, and if i count my vanities i think théy are worth more 250m now(Black reaper, gdm, gtm...) i agree about the fact of Focusing on a goal and making it real.. But lemme take an example.. What if u start Working on an e-storm.. How can u get it now.. If u start now.. And im with you about not touching the réal value of old vanities because no old player deserves to be disrespected for their old grind and loyalty to thé game 

Yeah about luck if u caught à shiny starter or a secret shiny starter or shedinja... Or eevee... It s shortcut.. Anyway, don't u think that old vanities are going to be extinct unless à very few old players having one for them

Screenshot_20220705_080658_eu.pokemmo.client.jpg

Edited by Jgaw

Fun fact - in 2019 I remember the items having the following prices:

Scythe - 35m

Jack O'Lantern 50m

Black Reaper Hood 10m

Red Reaper Hood - around 20m

Witch's Broomstick - 30m

Candy Cane - 30m

I'm not sure how come the prices increased massively within a year, but I assume the Chinese community realised its rarity and jacked up the prices significantly since then once they were able to afford.

I think it wasn't confirmed until around 2020 that 'Event only' items would never return like Time Limited ones (For example I assumed that they could be available again in bags/presents/envelopes in future events)

I don't wanna read Those prices bro.. 

It s very tempting hhhh

Now it s a zero added on the right xD

Numbers of Those vanities are going low to vanish

I remember reading on a forum that there s only 6 kyu hats remaining

3 hours ago, Jgaw said:

I joined pokemmo since 28 june 2020.. 2 years now.. I grinded à lot, and if i count my vanities i think théy are worth more 250m now(Black reaper, gdm, gtm...) i agree about the fact of Focusing on a goal and making it real.. But lemme take an example.. What if u start Working on an e-storm.. How can u get it now.. If u start now..

To touch on this, i would say, if your goal is to obtain an estorm, then i would start with the approximate 250m+ collection of vanities and grow from there.

Next year, adding nothing to your collection, it will be approximately 300m-350m. But maybe you added to it because you invested wisely in this 10 year event which will surely be sought after for many years to come. Those vanities will inflate much like the gdm, plague, reaper etc keep inflating. So just having those vanities there, and knowing one day, "yes. I will trade all of this for the estorm". Thats a great start.

Secondly, returning players, are exactly that. Returning players. Pokemmo is not alone, but rather unique in the aspect of just how many people, start, drop, and pick up again. Or never again. Or maybe ill come back in 5 years. Tomorrow a player from 2017 might finally log in again. A player from 2014 could do the same. And theres no reason why that wont stop happening. Eventually one of these players is going to come back, not care about some wild ass hair. And want a cool golden flaming dragon mask instead. And you can give this said person a bunch of other stuff to make it worth there time. 

But you have to start somewhere.

If you start at, "this wont ever happen", then you are right. Some other player will get it. And it can be their happy day. 

1 hour ago, CanadaSorry said:

To touch on this, i would say, if your goal is to obtain an estorm, then i would start with the approximate 250m+ collection of vanities and grow from there.

Next year, adding nothing to your collection, it will be approximately 300m-350m. But maybe you added to it because you invested wisely in this 10 year event which will surely be sought after for many years to come. Those vanities will inflate much like the gdm, plague, reaper etc keep inflating. So just having those vanities there, and knowing one day, "yes. I will trade all of this for the estorm". Thats a great start.

Secondly, returning players, are exactly that. Returning players. Pokemmo is not alone, but rather unique in the aspect of just how many people, start, drop, and pick up again. Or never again. Or maybe ill come back in 5 years. Tomorrow a player from 2017 might finally log in again. A player from 2014 could do the same. And theres no reason why that wont stop happening. Eventually one of these players is going to come back, not care about some wild ass hair. And want a cool golden flaming dragon mask instead. And you can give this said person a bunch of other stuff to make it worth there time. 

But you have to start somewhere.

If you start at, "this wont ever happen", then you are right. Some other player will get it. And it can be their happy day. 

imo, as the gdm and repears inflate, the estorm will flip too, the ratio between them(your collections and estorm)will stay pretty consistent.

for the second part, that is so idealism

----o-------

In conclusuon, those vanity from 2015 or earlier wont stay at that price and wait for your collections inflate. You might also make some really bad investments as well, like the gtm,brown werewolf.

it is nearly impossible to obtain those vanity within 2-3years through normal gameplay imo. Perhaps you play, farm, and invest really hard for so many years and maybe there is one day that you could trade all your assets for one of that, will you do it? 

Edited by BiuBiv

While in theory, I don't think that older players should be screwed over by having some of their cosmetics devalued, I think it is absolutely insane for the wealth gap to get as high as it is in terms of how high these prices for old vanities get. I don't know if this deals with too high of a money supply, lack of money sinks, or some other economic concept, as I'm not going to pretend as I know why these prices get this high beyond the basic supply/demand curve. Something just irks me that actual effort of berry farming, gym runs, etc are not as effective as just sitting on an old vanity and waiting for the price to increase. I'd hate to call out the dev team for this, but I think there is a vested interest in keeping the economy as-is right now in regards to complaints, as it is good for bringing in donations.

Maybe we'll have to start taxing players for holding certain vanities?? I'm joking of course,

7 hours ago, Imperial said:

I think it wasn't confirmed until around 2020 that 'Event only' items would never return like Time Limited ones (For example I assumed that they could be available again in bags/presents/envelopes in future events)

It was late 2020 couple of days after I sold the Ghostcostume I got for free from a quitting player for 80m. Instantly it hitted 300m+ rip. 

To be fair that 80m really boosted my comp pool to another level and I invested in a red reaper that sits a quite nice price allready

My advice as owner of the rarest items in game...

Coloured Desu Labcoat

Kyu Hat

Knight Helmet

Orange/Blue Flaming Skull Mask

Ghost Outfit

Scythe

Candy Cane

Jack o Lantern

Spoiler

Step 1: Start Playing in 2013

Step 2: Buy the items for a couple of euro/dollars in RP

Step 3: Wait a couple of years

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Be multibillionaire

Edited by Tyrone
3 hours ago, Tyrone said:

My advice as owner of the rarest items in game...

Coloured Desu Labcoat

Kyu Hat

Knight Helmet

Orange/Blue Flaming Skull Mask

Ghost Outfit

Scythe

Candy Cane

Jack o Lantern

Hide contents

Step 1: Start Playing in 2013

Step 2: Buy the items for a couple of euro/dollars in RP

Step 3: Wait a couple of years

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Be multibillionaire

or just do the chinese way and spend thousands into RP

1 hour ago, razimove said:

or just do the chinese way and spend thousands into RP

This needs à fully loaded wallet.. Wealthy bank account.. And 1 year salary are not even enough  lol