Do people actually get any recognition for providing good suggestions

1 minute ago, BrokenJoker said:

That's rather disappointing. You would think they would want to encourage people to come forward with ideas to improve the game but ig that's not the case.

the game has been out since 2012, most suggestions are things they've already read or "add johto because.."

they're probably happy with less suggestions being made

When Sinnoh was introduced, on my hunt for a shiny gabite, I ran away from 2 shiny floatzels and 1 shiny gabite cuz I pressed run before I noticed them.

I had made a suggestion on forums, something like "make it so that we can't run from shinies".

Ppl on forums were so toxic, "git gud", "running from shiny is part of the shiny economy so no it shouldnt be fixed", "it's purely your fault" laughing at me so hard.

But look where it is now. Devs eventually implemented a warning for not only running away from a shiny but attacking one too.

So basically, I do think suggestions that are solid make it to the devs' table.

Yeah u re rewarded for a good suggestion with a random 2014 cosmetic.. Just gotta check mail everyday for this.. 

Man every suggestion or idea made here on forums it s bénéficial to its owner first, then cômes thé community  Who agree and approve it with big thanks.. 

But a reward !! Hmmm.. Here cômes à Nice suggestion.. 

Make à reward for ideas creators.. Some cash would be appreciated

And u opened an era of "hey Man it s my idea, not yours, i posted it 4 years ago" xd

#Kyu hat extinct ?? 

#3rd part when ?? 

#Johto when ?? 

why do people expect any kind of reward anyways

where have the days gone where people communicating to each other was something with no other intentions than itself ? smh

no wonder this game struggles so much to create a community outside teams, people are just so damn greedy and selfish

The title of the post says recognition on purpose. I did not say reward because as stated when the idea is finally implemented that implementation itself becomes the reward. Recognition can be in the form of the staff's seal of approval or simply adding it as one of the community answers. This would :

+ Encourage people to come forwards with more suggestions.

+ Stop people from repeating suggestions that are already being worked on.

I have to say that this phenomenon does happen in MMO. I started playing in 2018 and now it is 2022. The adoption rate of official suggestions to players is indeed very low. I think it is really necessary to implement some suggestions in pokemmo, but they did not do so. I doubt whether they read the suggestion box (´- ι_-`)

1 hour ago, BrokenJoker said:

The title of the post says recognition on purpose. I did not say reward because as stated when the idea is finally implemented that implementation itself becomes the reward. Recognition can be in the form of the staff's seal of approval or simply adding it as one of the community answers. This would :

+ Encourage people to come forwards with more suggestions.

+ Stop people from repeating suggestions that are already being worked on.

I feel giving recognition would only create more problems. People will flock to any kind of clout they can get like rats, while it would increase the amount of suggestions it would also mean that most of those suggestions would be either be low quality (not enough information), something that wouldn't fix or provide a QoL change to anything or just give repeated suggestions. 

If they say "thanks to X user for suggesting this" it will only create arguments over people being "I have been saying this for years but this person is the only one given recognition?", specially if your prediction of increased suggestion is true, the mods won't be able to see all posts and make a comprehensive list of who said what first.

This in itself is a suggestion that wouldn't impact the game positively.

Well, the truth is, it is obvious that they will not give you any reward for an idea that has probably already occurred to them before, and they have only not implemented it because touching the game code, no matter how minimal the change, generates bugs and that is too much dangerous for the security of the game, the players and most importantly the economy. In conclusion, the only reward you can get is that the developers have taken your suggestion and put it in the game,that is a big reward for a fan like me

Edited by BrandonBraune
32 minutes ago, iNeverGetShinies said:

I feel giving recognition would only create more problems.

The fact is there are already a similar systems that gives recognition for posts:

+ In the form of most liked content (i.e. days won)

image.png.95f4f9813a9765f31fd3bbcb0831a9d8.png

+ Community answers.

image.png.c6eb59afdf21bed3c421afda7fd169cc.png

and so far those haven't caused any of the problems you fear would occur, so based on that its safe to assume a similar feature for suggestions should work just as well.

The brilliance of the pokemmo forums is that they can easily track suggestions through their Suggestions Box area - where suggestions are meant to be made anyway.

(And if you think the staff doesn't read everything that gets posted in there you would be wrong try posting some profanity and see if it wont be removed xd)