Permanent dungeon + alphas/Ha

MightyMichele

Question

Hey, I would like to have permanent dungeon just like Lunar/Xmas but instead of we play with elf robots we play with hidden ability monsters.

The entrance fee could be something difficult to grind, for example a lucky egg.

Also the entrance fee could be this: Link entrance fee with Event limited items/Alpha Pokemons.

For ex.: To join the dungeon, you must give an alpha collected in the event or give a limited event item.

I would love it very much, invite friends to play the dungeon anytime.

Edited by MightyMichele

7 answers to this question

this shouldnt even have to be thought about, it just needs to happen, there needs to be more for players to do after beating all the regions other than shiny hunting and PVP and the coop battle tower thing. adding stuff as per mentioned like the lunar event and Christmas events coops were very fun and shouldnt be hard to get implemented into the game since its literally been implemented for events. it does not have to be a copy and paste of those events but there needs to be similar activities to be able to coop with friends.... would literally make this game the best pokemon mmo game. i wanna keep playing this game but it just starts to get so stale cause for one i dont like PVP so all i do is shiny hunt, and i love shiny hunting, but having options to go do coop dungeons with friends sometimes would be such an amazing addition to the game

2 hours ago, PumpActionWang said:

this shouldnt even have to be thought about, it just needs to happen, there needs to be more for players to do after beating all the regions other than shiny hunting and PVP and the coop battle tower thing. adding stuff as per mentioned like the lunar event and Christmas events coops were very fun and shouldnt be hard to get implemented into the game since its literally been implemented for events. it does not have to be a copy and paste of those events but there needs to be similar activities to be able to coop with friends.... would literally make this game the best pokemon mmo game. i wanna keep playing this game but it just starts to get so stale cause for one i dont like PVP so all i do is shiny hunt, and i love shiny hunting, but having options to go do coop dungeons with friends sometimes would be such an amazing addition to the game

Wonderful response.

What are your thoughts on this?

@Kyu

The Idea of Dungeons and "playable (not to op) legendarys" is already there for a while now.

Even tho I agree with you that we need some coop stuff ASAP

I dont think that mixing up dungeons with the upcoming Hidden Abilitys  is worth it. Just because Dungeons are fun to play doesnt mean that they can just add them into the game without further Ideas.

Also the entry should be a limited event item? you good? 😄  I´m not paying 15 dollar to enter a dungeon lmao.

If I remember correctly they said, they are going to bring back Hidden abilties and Alphas during some specials swarms, they´ve already made their plans with HA.

32 minutes ago, Darkoure said:

If I remember correctly they said, they are going to bring back Hidden abilties and Alphas during some specials swarms, they´ve already made their plans with HA.

But it hasn't been released yet and it can be changed.

There is still time.

Even though after released still can be changed because they are the owners of the game and can make adjustments and trials looking forward  make a better game.

Limited item can be anniversary medallion for example, it was moderate grind like lucky egg (similar in price). What is your understanding on limited items? I didn't wrote limited cosmetic, but item

Thank you for your response

Edited by MightyMichele

Im not against you idea Im just guessing the plans for the HA´s are for now on already decided.

Some HA´s have been released and part 3 is on its way with 50evolutions of pokemon including HA´s

sure, they can change or add more or even adjust content later- like your Idea with a dungeon but they said that HA´s going to be implemented in a slowly progress during swarms or sth like this,

so theres no point building a dungeon around HA´s, the focus right now should be HA´s itself and if possible new content and that ASAP 😄 - and later on when they finish it, then your Idea sounds fun.

you meany ;-;  told me that I thought superficially about it but you "just throw an inspiration in here and ping kyu with it" 😄 

also you meant event only items and not Limited :3 

Anyway I like your Idea but for the future when HA´s been fully released.

I don't know who here has played TemTem but their endgame dungeons was actually a really well implemented system. For those who are unaware you paid gold to enter and then were given a few Tem to pick 1 from to start the run with up to 3 other players. As you advance through the path you'd encounter either items, dungeon currency (split between the party) or battles with Tems. If you battled the Tem you could swap your current one with the new one or continue with a battle weaken monster. There was a shop tile as well that you could use to buy items or heal your Tem but if someone used all the currency before you got there as well you we're just kinda out of luck so it required some team work to make sure everyone could get to the end. If you fainted during the dungeon you could buy yourself back using a big chunk of the teams currency which most times lead to getting to the end and noone being able to enter so it became common that all parties ran under the rule of if you died you just had to go re-que. The end reward was the Legendary Tem that was only obtainable once a week and a bunch of items ranging from potions to items to fix IVs and EVs, so you didn't need to get the perfect tem you could eventually acquire enough of the items needed to make it perfect. To give the mode replayability after your first weekly completion the items you got from beating the dungeon run was normally equal or more than the cost of entry to make it worth investing your money into the mode. 

The mode had it flaws but for a monster catching end game PvE content it was actually pretty fun to do with your friends and even with randoms as long as everyone sorta knew what they were doing and/or weren't trolling by using all the currency or buying themselves back after a wipe. Hopefully when we get dungeons here as well, its implemented in a way that has the economy in mind but also gives it replayability as some true endgame PvE content.

Honestly I really dislike the way they added HA in a way that forces you to get a "alpha" limited addition pokemon and rebreed it into your pokemon that you probably have 5 of already.

This whole thing just seems like its punishing old players into regrinding their boxes and punishing new players cuz they don't have the resources to actually get alpha pokemon or properly breed one up to a pvp tier.

I'm hugely unimpressed about how HA is only able to be gained via breeding, its feels really bad and is exactly how bad I predicted it would be 4 years ago.

No reason for this honestly; could have HA with a pill and I whole heartedly believe that would be a better feature than having HA locked behind events that "who knows when the next one will be" with none in the foreseeable future, locking a normal common game feature behind a limit edition wall is just silly, we are really pretending like all the other pokemon just simply don't have their HA cuz the devs thought it would be fun to force us all to remake our pvp pokes? I'm honestly choked about this and have been going off about how much this sucks since 2018 when they suggested this crap idea of turning a part of the game into this "feature"

Now if there was a dungeon and you finish it and at the end it asks you "what pokemon do you want to be blessed by the alter" and you put your pokemon on the alter and you gain a hidden ability; I'd be all over that cuz you wouldn't have to rebreed your pokemon.

I'm 10000% aginest having to use HA pokemon rebreed into the same pokemon you have 5 of to remake all the pokemon you already have instead of just applying this to a pokemon you already have like an ability pill, or a reward for getting through a dungeon.

Edited by greenspade