[OU] Programming Domains(Thursday, 28th July)

Xi

1536433652_srchttp___i0.hdslb.com_bfs_archive_82ee32b53b5cdbc5e84798cbdae806175e11e52e.jpgreferhttp___i0.hdslb.thumb.jpg.cea3269e1ac8a1b45547d9b18f4d1d4b.jpg

Details

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 64 Players | 6v6 OU

Date

Thursday, 28th July 2022

Time

3PM UTC | 11AM ET | 12AM BRT | 11PM CST | Time Zone Converter

Registration

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup". You may only enter on one account.

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO 

Tournament Clauses Explained

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png1st Place Prize

porygon2.gif

GIFT Porygon2 Lv. 50

Your choice of nature, 4 moves, with 6 selectable IVs

&

1,000 Reward Points

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png2nd Place Prize

500 Reward Points

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png3rd-4th Place Prize

250 Reward Points

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very happy that Madara won this tournament. However, I don't understand why Queest and YuoZ got banned. Why are they not allowed to switch back and forth to save pp and scout their opponents' mons. I mean there is a shedinja being played in that game, scouting the opponent is extremely risky and switching is an important part of how shedinja is played. The duel lasted only 28 minutes. That's litteraly nothing tbh.

Even if Queest and YuoZ were really wasting time on purpose, this is still an automated tournament and the agressive timer that kicks in at 30/40 minutes would have taken care of the switching issue. I'm very disapointed with what happened and I would have been interested in finding out how Quest intended to deal with Yuoz's Togekiss. This is a real shame and I hope staff will not interfere with competitive games in that manner again.

Edited by gbwead

Switching back after 30 minutes will not increase the time. Why do some people worry that they will switch all the time。

And as far as I know, the administrator directly banned two contestants, and even gave no warning for private chat (tell me whether it is illegal to switch PM)

Or in the future, if the same situation occurs in the semi-finals, let it go offline without any warning

@Rache

Edited by heichicoda
6小时前,gbwead 说:

I'm very happy that Madara won this tournament. However, I don't understand why Queest and YuoZ got banned. Why are they not allowed to switch back and forth to save pp and scout their opponents' mons. I mean there is a shedinja being played in that game, scouting the opponent is extremely risky and switching is an important part of how shedinja is played. The duel lasted only 28 minutes. That's litteraly nothing tbh.

Even if Queest and YuoZ were really wasting time on purpose, this is still an automated tournament and the agressive timer that kicks in at 30/40 minutes would have taken care of the switching issue. I'm very disapointed with what happened and I would have been interested in finding out how Quest intended to deal with Yuoz's Togekiss. This is real shame and I hope staff will not interfere with competitive games in that manner again.

I agree with you, it's a sad result of a match like this

Edited by SQ
10小时前,gbwead 说:

Even if Queest and YuoZ were really wasting time on purpose, this is still an automated tournament and the agressive timer that kicks in at 30/40 minutes would have taken care of the switching issue. I'm very disapointed with what happened and I would have been interested in finding out how Quest intended to deal with Yuoz's Togekiss. This is real shame and I hope staff will not interfere with competitive games in that manner again.

you are someone who really know PVP

11 hours ago, heichicoda said:

Switching back after 30 minutes will not increase the time. Why do some people worry that they will switch all the time。

Obviously, sb doesnt know that.

The motivation for the malicious game was completely weak.

In China, it was 1 am., where no one would like to stay up late, and both sides tring to act to win the game.

It is not said that people who do not understand the game cannot be the administrator, but like this situation should let the administrator who understand the game to discuss together, rather than let a person to make an arbitrary decision.、

I also hope that administrators can discuss more about the ban of accounts, because the wrong ban happened many times.

I really don't think madara called a GM. He was just watching the duel with his viewers on Twitch.

edit: You can find the recording of the tournament on his Twitch channel. He really wasn't paying attention to the duel and just chatting with people.

Edited by gbwead

In the Quest vs Yuoz duel, approximately at turn 30/40, Empoleon does Defog Vs Magic Bounce Protect Espeon. Defog removes the Stealth Rocks. Is that normal? When a pokemon does protect in front of Defog, it usually prevents the removal of hazards. Is Magic Bounce supposed to still work through Protect? 

The player who ended up winning the tournament had no involvement with the disqualification. Griefing which disrupts normal gameplay, like a coordinated effort to intentionally waste other players' time by performing swaps until tiebreakers kick in, is against the rules.

At the time, the decision was made to end the battle because we felt the players' actions qualified as griefing. It's a battle we would have ended if it were being played in a manual tournament.

Upon reviewing the replay though, I believe the battle was cancelled in error and should have been finished normally. To compensate for the error, both players are receiving additional RP equal to the first prize for the trouble.

• Rache locked this topic