Garchomp Swords Dance

I can think of a few answers to Swords Dance Garchomp like Skarmory/Hippowdon or faster Pokémon/priority users that can hit it with a super effective move, although some of them can be a bit shaky depending on the set. Garchomp doesn't even have access to a base 120 Outrage. I think it has more to do with Garchomp's boosted evasiveness in Sandstorm with Sand Veil.

7 minutes ago, SacredDiver said:

I can think of a few answers to Swords Dance Garchomp like Skarmory/Hippowdon or faster Pokémon/priority users that can hit it with a super effective move, although some of them can be a bit shaky depending on the set. Garchomp doesn't even have access to a base 120 Outrage. I think it has more to do with Garchomp's boosted evasiveness in Sandstorm with Sand Veil.

Did you play ou while we had sd Chomp? 

16 minutes ago, SacredDiver said:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 142-169 (66 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 112-133 (65.1 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Nice walls, plus can run sub, can run defensive berry instead aswell.

4 hours ago, Clovissssss said:

A little question I'd like to ask.
Why did they remove Swords dance from garchomp 100% from the game?
I think that garchomp user of this movement could just enter the Ubers category.

Why did they remove this move from him?

I agree with you they should leave everything as it is, when you want to enter pvp matchmaking they should just make your garchomp with sword dance unable to enter but however you can use it outside the meta in story mode, I would like you to give this suggestion in the suggestion box and the developers adopt it. please! 

18 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Did you play ou while we had sd Chomp? 

Yes sir

16 minutes ago, razimove said:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 142-169 (66 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 112-133 (65.1 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Nice walls, plus can run sub, can run defensive berry instead aswell.

Not saying that it can always be walled reliably and not denying how broken it is. You can even add Salac Berry to the list. My point is that it's not completely invincible. It's not gonna run a Life Orb and a berry or Substitute and Fire Fang/D-Claw/EQ at once and it's not gonna start off at +2 behind a sub. What bothered me more about it personally is Sand Veil but that's just my opinion. I think it's fair that its difficulty to deal with would also be a factor in its ban and I don't really have a problem with it tbh.

52 minutes ago, SacredDiver said:

Yes sir

Not saying that it can always be walled reliably and not denying how broken it is. You can even add Salac Berry to the list. My point is that it's not completely invincible. It's not gonna run a Life Orb and a berry or Substitute and Fire Fang/D-Claw/EQ at once and it's not gonna start off at +2 behind a sub. What bothered me more about it personally is Sand Veil but that's just my opinion. I think it's fair that its difficulty to deal with would also be a factor in its ban and I don't really have a problem with it tbh.

Its not a wall if it gets 2hko. Salac is trash. Please play comp then rethink what you are saying, the only 2 reliable ways to deal with him were foulplay spam or sacrificing something to get something able to revenge kill, like weavile w/icicle spear. Also, calc +2 stone edge on skarm which is arguably better coverage.

3 hours ago, SacredDiver said:

The SD Garchomp + Draco Hydrei meta was by the far the worst metagame I have ever played on mmo, it was criminal that it was allowed to go on for that long. We need a lot more HA's pumped into the game before it should even be reconsidered, you didn't even list one of garchomps answers lol. The answers were mandibuzz + umbreon which had to effectively die in the process to get a foul play off. The devs tried just removing sand veil, and absolutely nothing changed. So SD was banned, and Sand Veil was re added (to everyones dismay)

8 hours ago, Clovissssss said:

A little question I'd like to ask.
Why did they remove Swords dance from garchomp 100% from the game?
I think that garchomp user of this movement could just enter the Ubers category.

Why did they remove this move from him?

The developers have decided that complex bans are the way forward in this game instead of banning anything to Ubers.

I highly doubt Gen 6 will be added to this game but if fairy types were added Chomp could probably have SD and Hydreigon could have Draco Meteor. The steel types in OU just can’t handle the sheer power of either. Especially since Garchomp sets often use Fire Fang for coverage (with a +2 boost that’s very hard to counter) and Hydreigon has both Fire Blast/Flamethrower and Focus Blast for predicting common switch-ins.

I feel like playing OU without those changes would’ve been quite frustrating. I’m glad I joined PVP after those changes were made. 

If you’re looking for an attack boost on Garchomp it has Hone Claws but that’s less powerful than SD. 

8 minutes ago, azuloon said:

archomp sets often use Fire Fang for coverage

this is completely irrelevant to every steel type, I used it as an example, and it was not ideal from me. There you go:
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 133-157 (73.4 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 84-100 (48.8 - 58.1%) -- 97.3% chance to 2HKO

there you go, where's the need for it.

10 minutes ago, azuloon said:

fairy types were added Chomp could probably have SD and Hydreigon could have Draco Meteor

Hydreigon, maybe, there would be something to answer turn 1 draco pressure, chomp? Not really.