Potentially harmful pvp bug

Requi

Hello,

I have been pvping with a reactive gas Weezing for a bit and have noticed very harmful bug. I ran into it first when facing an immunity Snorlax on ladder. He switched directly into my Weezing but did not get poisoned. I then further tested this with Levitate Pokemon and got the same result.

This is something that I tested on Pokemon Showdown and in every scenario the pokemon was afflicted with poison. I assume that this has to do with PokeMMO’s coding having the ability/effect activate after the pokemon comes in but this shouldn’t be the case with reactive gas.

I have already submitted a ticket to support but with what I have been told it takes a long time to get a response. So im posting here to spread awareness.

Edited by Requi

I think you mean "Neutralizing Gas", you say that when Neutralizing Gas was activated while weezing is in the field, you cast a Toxic Move to Snorlax with immunity hab and it did not get poisoned?  or with what movement did you want to poison him?  I recommend taking screenshots so that it can be easier to locate the error.

13 minutes ago, BrandonBraune said:

I think you mean "Neutralizing Gas", you say that when Neutralizing Gas was activated while weezing is in the field, you cast a Toxic Move to Snorlax with immunity hab and it did not get poisoned?  or with what movement did you want to poison him?  I recommend taking screenshots so that it can be easier to locate the error.

Reactive Gas is the name of the ability in PokeMMO, I had Toxic Spikes on the opponents side and had weezing in. They switched in Snorlax and it didnt get poisoned but on Pokemon Showdown it does. Same thing applies to Levitate. I don't have screenshots at the moment but anyone can test and prove this

On 7/21/2022 at 6:12 PM, Requi said:

Reactive Gas is the name of the ability in PokeMMO, I had Toxic Spikes on the opponents side and had weezing in. They switched in Snorlax and it didnt get poisoned but on Pokemon Showdown it does. Same thing applies to Levitate. I don't have screenshots at the moment but anyone can test and prove this

I think that happen because of prioritys on MMO. Probablly Snorlax had their ability negated after Toxic Spikes check(to try to poison and check if opponent can be poisoned)

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

I think that happen because of prioritys on MMO. Probablly Snorlax had their ability negated after Toxic Spikes check(to try to poison and check if opponent can be poisoned)

Yes thats how every other ability works they activate/affect after the pokemon is out but the way neutralizing Gas works at least on pokemon showdown and Gen 8 is as soon as Weezing is on the field

• 2 months later...
  • Munya locked this topic