Question about Shiny Zorua and Weezing's new ability

Hello guys!

With the new event update, we had a great new ability introduced in Weezing. Hunting Shiny Zorua just got a lot easier as Weezing simply breaks its ability and reveals it. However, Zorua's name stays with the name of Horde pokemons, even after its ability is broken, even if it's shiny Zorua. So... the question is: With all this information, can you run away from a shiny zorua without the message that there's a shiny on your screen? even it showing up but with other name.Β 

I recently found a Shiny Zorua, but I didn't have the guts to click run to test it. So if any staff can help us solve this doubt, it would be nice for players do not end up frustrated. I just want to help πŸ™‚

So thats all.

Edited by LipeHaru
2 hours ago, LipeHaru said:

Hello guys!

With the new event update, we had a great new ability introduced in Weezing. Hunting Shiny Zorua just got a lot easier as Weezing simply breaks its ability and reveals it. However, Zorua's name stays with the name of Horde pokemons, even after its ability is broken, even if it's shiny Zorua. So... the question is: With all this information, can you run away from a shiny zorua without the message that there's a shiny on your screen? even it showing up but with other name.Β 

I recently found a Shiny Zorua, but I didn't have the guts to click run to test it. So if any staff can help us solve this doubt, it would be nice for players do not end up frustrated. I just want to help πŸ™‚

So thats all.

about that , there is already a member of our team met a shiny litwick and clicked run but they gave him a warning , and anothers says that he run away from shiny poliwag without warning but we are not sure if he noticed that they gave it to him or not cause already a friend told me that you should have about 500hrs+ for get the warnings while run from shiny or use a move for defeat the shiny , also already a member got a warning on single encounter run from shiny ditto , so maybe zorua or every shiny can have this warning , also its good to see someone trying that but its so hard to spend hours for find a shiny and run from it lol...

I'm 99% sure you DON'T get a warning. ONLY because the name of the pokΓ©mon doesn't change in battle so I assume you don't get a warning.

Β 

AND ALSO! I asked a guy who also found a shiny zorua, and he told me he clicked on a move like earthquake (Attacks all the horde) and he said it DIDN'T give him a warning.

Β 

But again, if a mod or someone could come down from heaven and say yes or no, it would calm down all of us lol

On 7/25/2022 at 8:49 PM, Branaso said:

Gratz on the shiny zorua πŸ™‚

Thanks πŸ™‚

On 7/25/2022 at 4:48 PM, MMOcritic said:

This question will never be answered cause no one will try this on purpose haha.

No one will have the guts to do it? xD

@RacheΒ @MunyaΒ @QuakkzΒ This seems to beΒ a hot question going around in the shiny hunting community atm since Weezing's ability now makes it a lot easier to hunt Zorua. Can one of you please test this and let us know? The name stays the same as "Petlil", "Venipede" or whatever it was before the transformation so people are worried they wouldn't get the prompt triggered by a shiny if they accidently click run

6 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

Guys so ez

U see a blue fox

U don't run

U catch it

Β 

Ps: Automation leads to permaban

Shiny Zorua pricesΒ  πŸ‘Ž

Someone might not be fully concentrating and might accidentally click run and not see it straight away

Β 

I'm glad the message pops up if you see a shiny in like hordes and stuff

Shiny Zorua doesnt pop up everyday, it needs all ur FocusΒ 

Not ez to get the 40mΒ 

Plus i doubt that chances for zorua has been modified

Didn't see lot of shiny foxes, though after reactive gaz too many players are lost in lostlorn forest

Β 

#3rd_part when ???Β 

5 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

Shiny Zorua doesnt pop up everyday, it needs all ur FocusΒ 

Not ez to get the 40mΒ 

Plus i doubt that chances for zorua has been modified

Didn't see lot of shiny foxes, though after reactive gaz too many players are lost in lostlorn forest

Β 

#3rd_part when ???Β 

LMAO , Jgaw joined forums for trolling xD , but agree shiny zorua doesnt pop up everyday xD

1 hour ago, awkways said:

@RacheΒ @MunyaΒ @QuakkzΒ This seems to beΒ a hot question going around in the shiny hunting community atm since Weezing's ability now makes it a lot easier to hunt Zorua. Can one of you please test this and let us know? The name stays the same as "Petlil", "Venipede" or whatever it was before the transformation so people are worried they wouldn't get the prompt triggered by a shiny if they accidently click run

sounds like a bug that the name still shows "Petilil" etc. in the first place because Zoruas ability never gets activated. I forwarded the issue.

9 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

sounds like a bug that the name still shows "Petilil" etc. in the first place because Zoruas ability never gets activated. I forwarded the issue.

Probably. The new Zorua hunting meta is to use Koffing/Weezing with Reactive Gas to reveal the Zorua. When using this method, the name still shows as the pokemon it was originally hiding as, even after the Zorua is revealed:

JxLdCwT.png

Β 

Spoiler

Same goes for if the Zorua is shiny - this is @LipeHaru's encounter with a Shiny Zorua (revealed by Reactive Gas):

aoQDqQN.png

However, if you use the old method of actually doing damage to the Zorua in question, the name shows properly as "Zorua":

cvqTOIz.png

I'm assuming that only actually dealing damage to reveal the Zorua would trigger the shiny run prompt, but I am not going to test that if I find a shiny one