August-2022 Movement Discussion

I don't understand why NU is not playing by the same rules as other tiers. Why everytime something might drop to NU, TC intervenes to prevent it from dropping and doing the extreme opposite in UU? We see plenty of tests in UU like PZ, Lucario, Serperior, Venusaur and other mons while nothing gets ever tested in NU (quick ban on Electrode smh). 

Now Rotom-Mow is allowed to drop to UU, but Absol is not allowed to drop? When in June, UU has 7k games played, Absol is allowed to move up to UU. When in July (after the mid-month usage movements), UU has more than 20k games played, Absol is not allowed to drop? Why?

Alakazam is also below the UU cut-off point. Tentacruel is also below the UU cut-off point. Golbat is also over the UU cut-off point.

I'm not saying all mons should blindly drop to NU like TC is doing with OU mons droping to UU. I simply believe Absol, Alakazam and Tentacruel should be evaluated as potential drops. And for the record, Golbat was below the UU cut-off point when Serperior/Venusaur/Torkoal were around. It rose above the UU cut-off point after they left, so there is no argument to be made regarding Golbat rising to UU only to stop threats that are no longer there.

Please don't ban me for disagreeing with the decision that was made, I'm just tired of the special treatement NU is getting, the overall inconsistencies and excuses.

10 minutes ago, Munya said:

UU's usage is invalid as we moved up 3 very impactful mons mid-month and it is not an accurate representation of the tier as a result, we will not be using it.

i already provided the counter argument for this in my post...

there is still 16 days of usage in the month of July which represents more usage that the entire month of June

5 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Ocurrió lo inevitable. Era solo cuestión de tiempo que el Rotom-Mow cayera ante UU. Ahora, ¿la UU tendrá herramientas para admitir esta forma de Rotom (ya tenía Heat en el nivel)?

Rotom Mow in his time was UU

4 minutes ago, Munya said:

And no way to obtain that usage.

There is. Screenshot on the 12th of July. Screenshot now. Compare the two screenshots. Get the usage for the 16 days which is more than the entire month of June.

If I give you the usage, will you make the usage movements?

4 minutes ago, Munya said:

You not am not doing that kind of manual work, and unless you have screenshots of the tooltip for every single mon it doesn't even matter.

If I do it, not you, ME. If I give you the usage, will you make the usage movements. It's a yes or no question.

edit: what do you mean with the tooltip for every single mon?

Edited by gbwead
17 minutes ago, gbwead said:

i already provided the counter argument for this in my post...

there is still 16 days of usage in the month of July which represents more usage that the entire month of June

I agree. They moved with a usage of 12 days, but 8 of them we're on middle of a event, and nobody played those tiers, basically. So, they moved with the usage of 4 days.

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

If I do it, not you, ME. If I give you the usage, will you make the usage movements. It's a yes or no question.

edit: what do you mean with the tooltip for every single mon?

You'd have to remove the usage of everything that happened before the 12th so you'd need numbers, Even knowing total and % doesn't necessarily give an accurate representation as each .0x% can potentially represent multiple numbers depending on how much total usage there was at the time.

And no, I'd actually rather not use it. This has been something that was announced 2+ weeks ago, if it was something anybody particularly felt strongly about, it should have been brought up at the time of the announcement so we could have potentially made preparations to pull that data.  Even with preparations it is a fairly time consuming task, at this point its too late.

41 minutes ago, Munya said:

UU's usage is invalid as we moved up 3 very impactful mons mid-month and it is not an accurate representation of the tier as a result, we will not be using it.

nice signature , its 5th time i get tricked with same music , the cool bird was singing in official music video

Edited by hamizoss
33 minutes ago, Munya said:

You'd have to remove the usage of everything that happened before the 12th so you'd need numbers, Even knowing total and % doesn't necessarily give an accurate representation as each .0x% can potentially represent multiple numbers depending on how much total usage there was at the time.

I know how to do it and it's not as complex as you make it seem.

33 minutes ago, Munya said:

And no, I'd actually rather not use it. This has been something that was announced 2+ weeks ago, if it was something anybody particularly felt strongly about, it should have been brought up at the time of the announcement so we could have potentially made preparations to pull that data.  Even with preparations it is a fairly time consuming task, at this point its too late.

Since the answer is NO, then the reason there is no movements has nothing to do with the lack of valuable usage like you first claimed in this thread btw. Also, there was no way for anyone to bring that up since you closed the thread when you made that announcement. I don't really understand why you are bringing up again the fact that it would be time consuming when I'm the one offering to do it and that requires 0 work from you. 

I do not appreciate you wasting my time with excuses when I'm offering my help:

• saying the lack of usage is the problem and now claiming usage has nothing to do with it because everything is already set in stone;
  • saying it's too late now, when the movements thread was posted only 1 hour ago

That's very direspectful.

Edited by gbwead
7 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I know how to do it and it's not as complex as you make it seem.

Since the answer is NO, then the reason there is no movements has nothing to do with the lack of valuable usage like you first claimed in this thread btw. Also, there was no way for anyone to bring that up since you closed the thread when you made that announcement. I don't really understand why you are bringing up again the fact that it would be time consuming when I'm the one offering to do it and that requires 0 work from you. 

I do not appreciate you wasting my time with excuses when I'm offering my help  (first saying the lack of usage is the problem and now claiming usage has nothing to do with it because everything is already set in stone). That's very direspectful.

gbwead, you forgot something that can be very important to your argument. they moved on July 12th, but until July 07th, we are on 10th anniversary event, and on this type of event, UU, NU, and Doubles basically aren't played, and OU and Randoms have their movement halved. So, the usage that they used to make the tiershifts, is usage from 5 days. for lower tiers(UU <---> NU,  that have a movement on early tiershift(Espeon rising to UU from NU)). They are saying that usage of 16 days aren't enough.

Edited by caioxlive13
54 minutes ago, xMago said:

Imagine changes this month with 4,36 when should Next month

Actually it would be the month after the next but as stated at the beginning of the season we will be going with easier cutoffs while the new changes settle into the tiers. 

Please consider raising these guys now so we don't lose time in this centralized metagame for 1 more month.
image.png.28b03cc3a1a8f0ef5de60899fb5e435a.png

Thanks !

Also looking for discussions about Machamp, Porygon-Z, Empoleon & Feraligatr ...
I was defending the "Wait & See" argument with new HAs supposed to drop in part3 of the event but it's been a while now and nothing seems to be comming.
So it should be about time

Edited by TohnR
39 minutes ago, TohnR said:

Please consider raising these guys now so we don't lose time in this centralized metagame for 1 more month.
image.png.28b03cc3a1a8f0ef5de60899fb5e435a.png

Thanks !

Also looking for discussions about Machamp, Porygon-Z, Empoleon & Feraligatr ...
I was defending the "Wait & See" argument with new HAs supposed to drop in part3 of the event but it's been a while now and nothing seems to be comming.
So it should be about time

Espeon and Empoleon are definetly OU mons. We all know how the pokedex influences usage. The second these pokemon appear in the OU pokedex, their usage will significantly increase. By not adding them to OU this month, we are causing big tiering delays that will hurt NU the most in the long run.

We have a policy of not changing movements once the thread is posted, if tier council wants to intervene and move these up via usage we can consider it but there is a very limited  time to do so as the month is switching over very soon. It would require a normal vote and a majority of them going for it. I'll be doing movements probably in like 2 hours to make sure I don't cut into the next month.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.