PokeMMO Chat Related Suggestions

jasean

Question

Hello ~

Here is a list of general chat suggestions/critiques I have put together in order of most importance to least importance, based on my experience and the feedback I've heard from other players.

1. Tabs should be able to be separated by languages, not just by Displayed Chat Types.

- Separating tabs by language allows the staff to moderate the chat more effectively, prevents players from sending messages in the wrong language, and generally organizes the chat for players who read more than one language while playing PokeMMO. I can't even tell you how many times I or someone else has accidentally typed in the wrong language on accident when responding to someone. It would be especially useful for separating Trade Chats in different languages. E.g.

XyTBOQmywCecjLiuzPw_pzxe1ZO1JAIUx5KuXOvYZj5fJ1su1XCxEVt4_VviJzVLlQhFml72F_menmc9JvGBeRTp2ALGE0NQv9fCXeWqec-FDyZOXhn-l3WLc_GhspVIIFNWvyS9uslKmM6CKD0msgY

2. Allow for emotes and/or preset messages.

- Many PokeMMO players want to communicate across languages; however, because the cost of machine translation services is too high, it's not feasible to just have a translator built into PokeMMO. PokeMMO could copy other MMOs like club penguin (lol) that used preset messages to automatically translate basic words/phrases that are commonly used. For an English-speaking player/person with English ROMs, they would send "Hello!", but a Spanish-speaking player would receive ~"¡Hola!".

E.g. "Hello!", "Trade your ____ for my ____?", "Battle?", etc...

- Additionally, emotes could convey simple expressions to other players regardless of language and could support a better chatting experience. 

(doesn't need to be as complex as this)

cO1SOF8LkJiC_6nwvVlrG9kbG-H72cii7cXZQNN83spZptQEaNfhsSRbbnLLDo9ubNDkSeSvG6YZuooQaEAek2EQYruDpt-T-6rgWG9zS6TZi_OSSR87D-S6OwsGHf2uU2L3vIq6aMZJeBho9i1cCVwimage.png.39a30869a14a74c18a3fed150accc354.png

3. Add muted words/phrases. E.g. “Johto tomorrow” “Swarm?” “Any Pheno?”

- While players have access to Chat Sound Notification Options to ping them whenever a word or phrase is typed in chat, the opposite would also be useful in my opinion. Being able to mute certain words or phrases so that whenever someone types them the message is blocked/ignored can be useful for repeated/annoying messages in chat.

JyakiIVLq8iHxHc0sryyHhp7zD80OxkrS5CTgQXKo53sJpb_DvnsQ3QHA7Giz6-D7okX-lUYdEN9iL3iGToiGpJZT2olPghiOeQKYaDdehA0uukTckLeI2gryd8Ejpa67jdMvMHohD2YPT2OwJxha-g

4. Add the option to see when friends/teammates come online and offline.

- Being able have the option to disable or enable "Player has reconnected.", "Player is now online.", and "Player is now offline." would be a helpful quality of life fix for chat. Potentially, you could allow it to be enabled for certain players and have it disabled for other players, whichever is easiest to implement. 

5. Block players from typing obviously mutable slurs in chat. 

- How is this not a thing yet XD? Players can type the n word/ f slur / etc.. without being automatically muted or at least censored currently. Automatically muting and censoring them would help the chat mods not have to waste their time muting these people.  

Did I miss anything? or Does anyone else have any feedback/suggestions related to the chat in PokeMMO? Comment it below ❤️ 

TY

2 answers to this question

1. Yes please. This would be so useful. 

2. Hehhhhh

3. Although I don't think this will be supported I love the idea. My block list was full from blocking players during halloween/10th event. 

4. Yes, but mostly being able to disable the duplicate message for team members. As of now it does it both in team chat and system messages, which is dumb. 

5. Idk I never read global outside events but I have a feeling that whatever task they do, with this cringe community, wasting time is most of the mods job anyways.