[1 Hour] Trainer Rerun Guide

I personally avoid route 227/228 because of sandstorm and annoying sturdy mons with berries that lose time. I also don't do anything worth less than 5k (tamers and beauty)

Instead I start the run in rt 217 and go down 216 and beat 5 Ace trainers there for 5k each

And I do route 210 from Celestic, Veteran Ace Double Team and Ace, 5-6k each, need defog upon entering. Also from Solaceon route 210 Belle & Pa double battle worth 8k. 

Otherwise this run is great, good job. Just make more visible the fact ppl need to throw Morimoto in there 🙂

Edited by Poufilou
1 hour ago, Poufilou said:

I personally avoid route 227/228 because of sandstorm and annoying sturdy mons with berries that lose time. I also don't do anything worth less than 5k (tamers and beauty)

Instead I start the run in rt 217 and go down 216 and beat 5 Ace trainers there for 5k each

And I do route 210 from Celestic, Veteran Ace Double Team and Ace, 5-6k each, need defog upon entering. Also from Solaceon route 210 Belle & Pa double battle worth 8k. 

Otherwise this run is great, good job. Just make more visible the fact ppl need to throw Morimoto in there 🙂

Yea, Route 227/228 basically you can just use Cloyster to skim through everything as well. It is able to survive the sandstorm as long you use another pokemon on the red circle highlighted trainers cause those doesn't have sturdy except the orange arrow trainer. I use swampert as it knows 2 moves that can 1HKO all their mons and sandstorm doesn't affect it so the run can be really smooth. Will prolly add a minor detail on why I use Swampert, thanks for the reminder. 

I personally avoided the defog route although the trainers are really packing, just because of the defog. Will try to adjust it in my 1 hour routes to see whether it improves the run. I actually never checked Route 216/217. Will definitely check it out on my next run!

Basically my run is all about consistency. You can run it 10-20 times and it will still be the same results which is what I'm aiming for.

My run doesn't include Morimoto though, I stated that I excluded it in the final Total Sum.

If you do have a Trainer run that makes more money in an hour please do update me about it. Will really appreciate it as it benefits everyone as well. Cheers brother! 🙂

Edited by HolyBroccoli
11 minutes ago, HolyBroccoli said:

Yea, Route 227/228 basically you can just use Cloyster to skim through everything as well. It is able to survive the sandstorm as long you use another pokemon on the red circle highlighted trainers cause those doesn't have sturdy except the orange arrow trainer. I use swampert as it knows 2 moves that can 1HKO all their mons and sandstorm doesn't affect it so the run can be really smooth. Will prolly add a minor detail on why I use Swampert, thanks for the reminder. 

I personally avoided the defog route although the trainers are really packing, just because of the defog. Will try to adjust it in my 1 hour routes to see whether it improves the run.

Basically my run is all about consistency. You can run it 10-20 times and it will still be the same results which is what I'm aiming for.

My run doesn't include Morimoto though, I stated that I excluded it in the final Total Sum.

If you do have a run that makes more money in an hour please do update me about it! Will really appreciate it as it benefits everyone as well. Cheers brother!

I know for sure a single Cloyster can't do the sandstorm route on its own without losing time, I have the same as you and using it for as long as I'm doing trainer runs, whether it's banded or metronome you can't OHKO Aggron and Empoleon that a few of them have and the chip dmg is annoying. A backup mon is a good idea for these routes to try and gain time, the option I chose is not do them at all. Some Azumarill can Toxic you too in route 212, one of the two trainers nearest the mansion. 

About the defog, just wanted to make sure we're talking about using defog in overworld that removes fog for all 4 battles and takes 2 seconds to do. 

I don't think there's a way to make more money, but I know there are different combination to get around same result consistently, though it's not very relevant to add since there's no RNG involved in rebattling trainers nor should be any change to what you're doing, except for Morimoto and Cynthia. The main core of trainers that you suggest is the best in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Poufilou said:

I know for sure a single Cloyster can't do the sandstorm route on its own without losing time, I have the same as you and using it for as long as I'm doing trainer runs, whether it's banded or metronome you can't OHKO Aggron and Empoleon that a few of them have and the chip dmg is annoying. A backup mon is a good idea for these routes to try and gain time, the option I chose is not do them at all. Some Azumarill can Toxic you too in route 212, one of the two trainers nearest the mansion. 

About the defog, just wanted to make sure we're talking about using defog in overworld that removes fog for all 4 battles and takes 2 seconds to do. 

I don't think there's a way to make more money, but I know there are different combination to get around same result consistently, though it's not very relevant to add since there's no RNG involved in rebattling trainers nor should be any change to what you're doing, except for Morimoto and Cynthia. The main core of trainers that you suggest is the best in my opinion. 

Yea, Which is why I have a Swampert to handle the 3 circle highlighted trainers from the sandstorm route which in the end keeps my Cloyster alive with enough PP on icicle spike to handle the final 2 trainers on Route 227 before going to Snowpoint. My tactic is to use my Swampert to rock slide the Aggron to cut abit of his hp (He Can't Sturdy after that) then KO him with surf or earthquake, the rest of the mons after that will just die by 1HKO by Earthquake / Surf.

Yea the Azumarill on route 212 does toxic in some runs which is why I stated to prepare 1 Antidote specially for that Azumarill haha xd

But you're right, I never actually tried the defog outside of battle so will definitely implement it. New player here so still learning.
I'm sure replacing some of the trainers in my routes with the defog trainers will increase the money gained a little. Maybe extra 5-10k at most.

I excluded Morimoto cause what I'm aiming for is consistency. Morimoto can be quite time consuming at rare times. Will definitely check out the trainers you mentioned! Appreciate it brother

Edited by HolyBroccoli
  • HolyBroccoli changed the title to [1 Hour] Trainer Rerun Guide

If possible, adding Veteran Brian on Rt.210 would be a nice bonus. He is in Defog area though (since you're using only 2 Pokemon, You can always carry something to use Defog, or have an Ocarina)

Veteran Brian does have a team of 6 however, but with Amulet Coin awards $6,000 and change lol. Not sure on the exact amount

He is right next to the west side of the bridge that is down the stairs if you fly to Celestic Town, so he is quick and easy to access.

Most of these trainers I use for a Sinnoh coin grab, Thanks for sharing these 😄 

7 hours ago, Elizn said:

If possible, adding Veteran Brian on Rt.210 would be a nice bonus. He is in Defog area though (since you're using only 2 Pokemon, You can always carry something to use Defog, or have an Ocarina)

Veteran Brian does have a team of 6 however, but with Amulet Coin awards $6,000 and change lol. Not sure on the exact amount

He is right next to the west side of the bridge that is down the stairs if you fly to Celestic Town, so he is quick and easy to access.

Most of these trainers I use for a Sinnoh coin grab, Thanks for sharing these 😄 

You're absolutely right on that hahaha. Funny thing is I didn't know you can actually defog outside of battle until Poufilou commented.

I tried a new route yesterday including the defog route and the new total sum came in at 232,716 Pokeyen. Will be updating the post later on ! Cheers 😄

• 3 weeks later...

Updated looks good. I tried doing the third Ace Trainer in rt 229 (at top right) and ignored the Aggron one in sandstorm to save some time, its good. I will try to change Cloyster item for fighting the Azumarill and Probopass ones, because they die for sure with Rock Blast and Surf, only problem is if you need more power that you lose from choice band for the rest of the team but as far as I remember I think it's ok. 

Edited by Poufilou
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@HolyBroccoli

Ok. I have beeen doing Your run for a couple of times, thank You for sharing it.

What I think would be a good optimalisation is having a weather setter instead of Defog HM. I dont have ocarinas so I tried to find a way not to take additional pokemon for the Sinnoh run.

I decided to make a vanilluxe with Snow Warning Ability because he sets snow and hits strong special dmg. It turned out that he clears fog in fights and clears sandstorm.

It makes some routes, especially 229 and 228, much easier to clear.

What this idea is lacking is a good PP count. My vanilluxe finishes his movepool too quickly.

So I am working on Pelipper with Drizzle and U-Turn - so that he can be the first in the party, then use U-Turn once and I will freely go back to my Cloyster. I am still levelling him up so I dont konw how practically it would do - the problem I see is that if U-Turnd does not OHKO - then my cloyster gets damage probably. U-Turn is psyhical and pelipper sucks at psychical stats. I got one cheap that is adamant pelipper so once I will level him up and run a few times with his u-turn I will let you know how does he do.

• 2 months later...

I know Cloyster is the absolute main stay pokemon here, but I was thinking as a backup having Infernape with Choice Band and Double Kick(egg move) so that you can OHKO the aggron and other rough pokemon like probopass though I havent done the calcs for those. I will probably just quickly breed an Infernape and try it out and let you know. 🙂

edit: Also Infernape also learns Rock Climb, since that's important for you. Though it does still get hit by sand.

edit: edit: I have been given even better knowledge that I lacked before. Rampardos learns Rock Climb, is immune to sand, and Mold Breaker beats Sturdy. Rampardos has 165 base attack and though it's speed is slightly lacking, at level 100 it doesnt matter most of the time.

Edited by MrVdd
  • 4 weeks later...