POKEMMO NEEDS A REDESIGN

BiWhite

Question

Hi, i´ve been watching the UI REDESIGN CONCEPT of Starnacle and i have something to say, i wanna hear your opinions at respect (Sorry if my english is bad)

PokMMO´s interface looks so old

i´ve been thinking in how good it would be if PokeMMO´s Adminstration Team asked Starnacle for getting the Concept´s base files to refresh the game giving it a facelift with a new interface, new backgrounds in battle like his theme, more quality in general, the game begins to look like 2015 UI, and he said he did the concept just for fun, he tryed to evolve it to a theme but did not succeed

I think it´s ok for Starnacle to give that idea, so, the admin team could improve a lot PokeMMO if they do that, we need an updated and remastered game, the game needs that to get a new life, a new UI, some changes in-game like:

-As i said, the redesigned game UI

-The possibility to choose the color of your choice from a palette of colors

-More clothes to buy in the Pokemon Shops ( Like more types of bags, jackets and hats, bc a big % of free clothes are so simple and nobody use it)

-More SFX like when u find an item

-And some changes like fix the overcharged GTS having usless pokemon at a cost that does not deserve it, putting a limit

And we can have more ideas, I want to hear your opinion, the main thing is redesign bc it can make the game get a new life and feel better for everyone.And Starnacle´s design was amazing and a surprise for all of us, i really hope the Admin Team take that idea so serious.

Thanks for reading.

aXxgOHc.thumb.png.a0557f73b4d410542c35cd00329a4861.png

image.thumb.png.35509a879ee92683729b2ba0c7ab167d.png.4747b010cc6f0b8f8464a5524508e5f0.png

6 answers to this question

As mentioned in the original post, I'm fine with the UI design right now. It's classic and nostalgic. If we make it too colorful it might ruin the nostalgia. In fact though the battle UI is amazingly beautiful, it feels like a THE SMOOTH AND INVIGORATING TASTE OF MONSTER ENERGY DRINK® inspiration.

15 hours ago, Deomi said:

@BiWhite The two pictures you posted above look fine, but why not consider their designs as a GUI mod? (Edit: I don't know the specificities of what one can and cannot mod, but maybe suggest for the option to mod the battle background if that isn't a possibility already.)

The one we have currently is fine as a base, vanilla version and doesn't need a redesign, though I would love for a Heart Gold/Soul Silver battle interface mod for the sole reason that @MMOcritic mentioned above—"nostalgia"; ie, "how it feels to chew 5 gum."

https://imgur.com/a/zwjyeZD

Can provide this here. However, i never finished it. May change at some point

I see where you are coming but updating the base game to appeal to a smaller number of players then the majority who are playing this game for nostalgic reasons and like hw it plays out would cause an uproar, i agree with deomi that if the battle backgrounds are not moddable then maybe suggest that to be implemented so that people who wish to see different battle artwork they can