Egg Hatching Charms

Requi

Question

25 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Sapex said:

Just use flame body then, paying extra for 1 min its kinda excesive.

Obviously any breeder is using flame body but when you have to do multiple eggs in a short period of time something like this would be a large time saver. 

1 hour ago, Requi said:

Obviously any breeder is using flame body but when you have to do multiple eggs in a short period of time something like this would be a large time saver. 

I can do a full perfect breed, start to finish in less than 1 hour, using only 1 char, just macro manage it properly. 

On 8/10/2022 at 3:49 AM, razimove said:

Its redudant, not a necessity at all, plus donator is already dirty cheap and also provides you better odds at hatching a shiny. 

Wouldnt say redundant as how it takes me almost 2 hrs a day to hatch 3 full boxes, makes it kinda impossible for me to do something else then to stare at my screen.

and yes that's my own choice but I already have dono and flame body always on me when hatching, and if it still takes me 2 hours to breed it's just kind of hard to do anything else what the game provides and stuff I'd like to do. 

Edited by Poratne

If they make the boost stack with the donator status boost then that would be great.

An item like this would probably be implemented in the same way they did shiny charms and those kind of charms get expensive really fast and would end up costing you millions anyway. So it wouldn't be worth it in the end.

I support this.

It creates a logical benefit. Whereas donator boosts several things, this boosts a specific area. I believe donator boosts egg speed, experience points earned, and shiny rate. we have separate charms for experience points (25% and 50%. 10% for linked members) and we have a shiny charm (10% if you pop it and 5% for linked members). An egg hatching charm simply makes sense and provides a cheaper option than donator. magma armor and flame body don't reduce hatching speed by much. even if the charm reduces hatching speed by 1-2 minutes, it makes a huge benefit over several breeds, particularly when seeking to breed comps or pokemon for other purposes. 

Edited by DragoTamer

This charm would only target such a niche market solely belonging to breed shop owners and just the successfully ones that can justify the cost who can be counted on one hand. Not to mention the shiny market would collapse. Shinies would flood the market. 

The only benefit of this charm is when doing multiple breeds at the same time. That's the only scenario where the cost will be justified. While the negatives pertaining to the shiny market are just too much to consider this further.

While it's an idea with good intentions, it needs more creativity on how this charm would benefit the entire player base without majorly impacting the market in a negative manner. 

9 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

This charm would only target such a niche market solely belonging to breed shop owners and just the successfully ones that can justify the cost who can be counted on one hand. Not to mention the shiny market would collapse. Shinies would flood the market. 

The only benefit of this charm is when doing multiple breeds at the same time. That's the only scenario where the cost will be justified. While the negatives pertaining to the shiny market are just too much to consider this further.

While it's an idea with good intentions, it needs more creativity on how this charm would benefit the entire player base without majorly impacting the market in a negative manner. 

What if the charm not only had the intended boost, but also a demerit in rate of shiny appearance? like 1-2%?

15 minutes ago, DragoTamer said:

What if the charm not only had the intended boost, but also a demerit in rate of shiny appearance? like 1-2%?

It still only benefits such a small portion of the player base. So small that the game wouldn't make any profit over these charms. 

They could add darumaka droppings instead, they are already referenced in darumaka's dex entry.

They could make them:

- consumable like the amulet coin

- stack with all the boosts including magma amour/flame body.

- Only work for the eggs that are breed while it is active.

- have an additional effect of making the shiny odds worse or even 0 while active -> a necessary nerf to prevent collapsing the shiny markets further.

It would be a  + world building aspect + on more stff to grind + money sink.

6 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

They could add darumaka droppings instead, they are already referenced in darumaka's dex entry.

They could make them:

- consumable like the amulet coin

- stack with all the boosts including magma amour/flame body.

- Only work for the eggs that are breed while it is active.

- have an additional effect of making the shiny odds worse or even 0 while active -> a necessary nerf to prevent collapsing the shiny markets further.

It would be a  + world building aspect + on more stff to grind + money sink.

Reducing the shiny odds would be a horrible addition, people just wouldn't get this item at all. One of the big points for having a egg hatching charm is to hatch boxes faster and potentially get a shiny egg faster

On 2/6/2023 at 8:18 PM, OGQT said:

Reducing the shiny odds would be a horrible addition, people just wouldn't get this item at all. One of the big points for having a egg hatching charm is to hatch boxes faster and potentially get a shiny egg faster

If that ends up being their main reason for not implementing it, then it would be unfair to comp breeders.

They just need to make the item easy to get and make it have a significant impact on breeding time then people would use for comp breeding. I don't know anyone who would gladly not use this feature and opt to spend hours breeding a comp team especially if they don't care about shinies and want to use the team as quickly as possible.

Some people don't want to spend hours breeding comp teams and it would be a good idea to give them an option that would suit them even if it ends up not being this particular feature.

Edited by BrokenJoker
22 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

significant impact on breeding time then people would use for comp breeding. I don't know anyone who would gladly not use this few and opt to spend hours breeding a comp team

It's not that time consuming to breed a full 5x31 comp team. If you already have the breeders, and have a Flame Body/Magma Armor pokemon, it shouldn't take you much more than 3 hours (if you know what you're doing). An egg hatching charm would almost exclusively be used by shiny hunters breeding eggs, because THAT is very time consuming

15 hours ago, OGQT said:

3 hours 

This is the problem.

That is already a long time inaddittion of everything else you have to do to get to that point. An average player would need to spend atleast 2 weeks of 300k gym rebattles (14hrs) to get enough money for breeding a 5x31 natured comp team. 

Why make people wait that much more when they can be given an option to make it faster. For shunting you could argue the suggestion significantly reduces the difficulty which makes shunting less fun but for comp breeding its different. People want to make comps faster so they can pvp as soon as possible.

I don't think a charm item would be a good idea... 

But I agree waiting without doing anything is boring. 

If we could do more activities in-game while hatching, like battling, that would be great. We are limited to party slots anyways... 

On 2/8/2023 at 6:01 PM, Poufilou said:

I don't think a charm item would be a good idea... 

But I agree waiting without doing anything is boring. 

If we could do more activities in-game while hatching, like battling, that would be great. We are limited to party slots anyways... 

More fun content is always the solution