Unofficial Events Standard: [Tier/Tag] Event Name - extra description (Schedule)

There has been some complaints regarding unofficial events overlapping over each other. This thread will attempt to create a standard in order to organize ourselves. 

An online calendar might be linked here at a later date.

Events types

• Tournaments
    A tournament is an event that lasts no longer than one day.
  • Championships 
    A championship is an event that lasts over a long period of time and involves players participation multiple times.
  • Series (PSL, World Cup, LCPL, etc.)
    A serie is a championship that had multiple iterations of the championship format. 

Events Titles

When creating your unofficial event, please use the following format for the title:

Tournaments: [Tier] Name of the tournament - Additional description (Schedule)

• [Tier] may refer to one of the four official tiers OU, UU, NU or Doubles and Untiered. [Tier] may also refer to an unofficial tier if that tier is defined clearly somewhere other the event itself. For instance, LC is an official tier defined here[Tier] may also refer to an unofficial tier that is defined in the event itself. In that case, please use [PVP].
  • Name of the tournament is just the name the host chose for the tournament.
  • - Additional description is just additional information a host may want to add to the name of the tournament.
  • (Schedule) is the exact date and time when the tournament is scheduled to be hosted. <Schedule>is the approximate date and time when the tournament is scheduled to be hosted.

Championship: [Championship tag] Name of the championship - Additional description (Schedule)

• [Championship tag] refers to the tag used for the hosted championship.
  • Name of the championship is just the name the host chose for the championship.
  • - Additional description is just additional information a host may want to add to the name of the championship.
  • (Schedule) is the exact date and time when the championship is scheduled to be hosted. <Schedule>is the approximate date and time when the championship is scheduled to be hosted.

Series: [Serie tag #] Name of the serie Season # - Additional description (Schedule)

• [Serie tag #] refers to the tag used for the hosted serie and the season number for that serie.
  • Name of the serie Season # is just the name the host chose for the serie and the season number for that serie.
  • - Additional description is just additional information a host may want to add to the name of the serie.
  • (Schedule) is the exact date and time when the serie is scheduled to be hosted. <Schedule>is the approximate date and time when the serie is scheduled to be hosted.

Examples:

• [UU] Say hello to Rotom-Mow (August 16th, 5 PM UTC)
    This would be a UU tournament that is scheduled to be hosted at exactly 5 PM UTC on August 16th.
  • [LC] Mienfoo forever (September 1st, 2 AM UTC)
    This would be a LC tournament that is scheduled to be hosted at exactly 2 AM UTC on September 1st.
  • [PVP] SIA Anniversary - 5 years <August 10th>
    This would be a PVP tournament involving several tiers that is scheduled to be hosted on August 10th approximately.
  • [UU + LC + Untiered] Einstein Tag Team - 40M (July 6th, 10 AM UTC)
    This would be a PVP tournament for 40M where teams of players have to compete in UU, LC and Untiered. The tournament is scheduled to be hosted at exactly 10 AM UTC on July 6th.
  • [PGC] PokeMMO Gym Challenge - General Thread <June 29th to September 18th>
    This would be the general thread of a championship scheduled to be hosted from June 29th to September 18th approximately.
  • [PSL 15] PokeMMO Super League Season 15 - Week 5 (March 6th to March 13th)
    This would be the week 4 thread scheduled to be hosted exactly from March 6th to March 13th from the 15th season of the PSL series.
  • [PSL 15] PokeMMO Super League Season 15 - General Thread <January 30th to May 1st>
    This would be the general thread for the season 15 of the serie PSL scheduled from January 30th to May 1st approximately.

Events description and feedback
Players and potential hosts are free to use this thread to discuss and plan upcoming events. Hosts are encouraged to use this thread to describe their event in order to get feedback from the community if that is deemed necessary. What are you planning? Do you need help? What is to be expected from players? How much donations are required? etc. Hosts are obviously free to host their event as they please, but following a specific standard might give events more credibility and therefore more donations. With clear dates for their events, hosts will hopefully have an easier time choosing the right time to host in order to get optimal support from the community.

The title standard described above is for now a proposition. Feel free to give your feedback so the right standard can be developped. I'm opened to changing it if people have better ideas. I'm personally unsure championships and series need to be distinct (might be more confusing).

Edited by gbwead

Great idea, Gbwead! But a type of event that i'm suggested on OrangeManiac's post and asked help to host it, in which category it will fit better? 

it will be a event of multiple microevents, being 11 PvP and 4 PvE, both realized twice in opposing hours to accomodate all timezones. Are intended to do future editions.

Edited by caioxlive13
5 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Great idea, Gbwead! But a type of event that i'm suggested on OrangeManiac's post and asked help to host it, in which category it will fit better?

On 8/7/2022 at 5:53 PM, caioxlive13 said:

For example, Clorokina and I were hosting a PokéMMO event on Showdown, using the QuinnW server. But he warned, I think a week before the event starts, that he would take a vacation and wouldn't be available to activate the server for 3 weeks. In order not to harm him, and also knowing that doing it in the MMO itself would be unfeasible because many players don't have time to Grind money and build teams, we decided to postpone the tournament and we're waiting for QuinnW to return. 

Are you refering to this?

If this is exclusively a Showdown event, you might not be able to host it on the PokeMMO forum. A staff member can probably verify if it's possible to host that kind of tournament, but usually events with Showdown also have MMO tiers.

If your event is possible, the title should probably be something like:

[PVP] Showdown Event - Quinn Server<August 9th>

Since you don't know exactly when your event will be hosted, you should just put an approximate date. When you have more information from Quinn, you can edit the title with the right date.

6 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Are you refering to this?

If this is exclusively a Showdown event, you might not be able to host it on the PokeMMO forum. A staff member can probably verify if it's possible to host that kind of tournament, but usually events with Showdown also have MMO tiers.

If your event is possible, the title should probably be something like:

[PVP] Showdown Event - Quinn Server<August 9th>

Since you don't know exactly when your event will be hosted, you should just put an approximate date. When you have more information from Quinn, you can edit the title with the right date.

Not this, this i used to give a example of how communication can help hosts and 3rd party to reach on a favorable situation to both. I'm refering to PokéMMO Olympic Games.

Also, I'm not suggesting how people should host tournaments or when they should host tournaments.

All I am saying is that when I look at the list of official tournaments, I can understand everything instantly because all official tournaments use the same title format:

Spoiler

a4c3588b5c4710092f558e30720e43c4.png

From that screenshot, I know exactly on what day is each event, I know if the event is PVE or PVP, I know what tier is the PVP event, I know what type of tournament is being hosted (Seasonal, Tag Team, Automated tournament, etc.)

When I look at unofficial tournaments, everybody is doing their own thing which makes it very difficult for people to host new events while taking all other events into account:

Spoiler

beb9bad5bcbd4fe4c3bd2fbe124db199.png

I believe we would all benefit tremedously from standardazing the way we announce our events.

10 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Not this, this i used to give a example of how communication can help hosts and 3rd party to reach on a favorable situation to both. I'm refering to PokéMMO Olympic Games.

Ok, so I read through the thread and this is what I found:

On 8/6/2022 at 7:22 AM, caioxlive13 said:

Okay, i want to give my idea of event, i on thread that i created to discuss, have 0 replies(actually are on 4th page of general discussion iirc, i don't put here because i want to discuss a idea for a unnoficial event, not host him.)

As everyone knows (If you don't know, check the "Competition Alley" subforum, more specifically in "Unnoficial Tours", for more details), the 5th Edition of the World Cup is in the preparation phase. It is a community event that takes place until then annually. However, the competition loses a little of its value because it takes place in this shorter period of time, and there is also not all the anxiety during the wait for the World Cup, after all we know that next year there will be more. So, to add to that, I have an unofficial event proposal that would share the calendar with the World Cup: The PokéMMO Olympic Games.

Note: I don't plan to host the event, but I'm giving the idea to anyone who can.

What would the PokéMMO Olympics be?

It would be a biennial event that would alternate with the World Cup. One year yes, other not, there would be held one edition of World Cup, and in the years without the World Cup, there would be the Olympic Games. The event would be a sequence of PvP and PvE events, in unique formats created by the community. Each event would have an individual prize for the winner, and would guarantee a Medal. In the end, the country that won the most medals would win an additional award, with the first place medals having greater weight.

What could be the events?
This is my starting Idea and can be editted on future. Quick Reminder: all events will be realized twice(one on 06:00 UTC 0, other on 18:00 UTC 0) in order to avoid conflicts due to timezones and etc...

Single-Man Tours:
Over Used
Under Used
Never Used
Doubles
LC
Monotype
Untiered
VGC
1v1

Team Tournaments:
Teams:(5 tiers: Over Used/Under Used/Never Used/Doubles/Over Used or Little Cup)
Countrys:(5 tiers: Over Used/Under Used/Never Used/Doubles/Over Used or Little Cup)
Note: When the team are registered the captain will declare if team/country are LC compatible. If, and only if, two teams that are LC compatible face each other, the 5th tier will be LC. Otherwise, will be OU.

PvE events:
Solo Scavanger Hunt
Team Scavanger Hunt
Catching Event
H1P1 Battle Royale

The prize could be what? (These are just examples, may be changed by future hosts) : 
4% of prize pool per event, being:
50% for the winner
25% for 2nd place
15% for 3rd Place
7% for 4th place
3% for the tournament's Fair-play Attitude.

At the end, distributed among the medalists of the winning country:
40%. How would it be distributed?
50% for gold medalists
30% for silver medalists
20% for bronze medalists
The distribution would be proportional to the number of medals that each player obtain. More medals,more prize that will be earned.

Tours Rules Explanation:

Reveal hidden contents

Over Used, Under Used, Never Used and Doubles:

Reveal hidden contents

This tournaments will be held with the official clasules and Banlist. 
Spots avaliable: 32. Limit of players per country: 4

Little Cup:

Reveal hidden contents

This tournament will be held with the LC Club official Rules. I will wait they update the banlist(They need to Update due to HA release and LA moveset changes.)
Spots avaliable: 16. Limit of players per country: 2

Untiered, 1v1 and Monotype:

Reveal hidden contents

Rules of both, basically copypasted from PCL Rules for this tiers.

1103013712_monnotypelogo.png.1f1a1e090b2a4936a26719b2bcb5d1cc.png

Play Restrictions : 

All standard Official tier clauses apply, plus:

Same Type Clause: All Pokémon in a team must share a type.

Banned Items:

Bright Powder

Damp Rock

Focus Band

King's Rock

Lax Incense

Quick Claw

image.png.5d26ba1dad33329f1ee11d049e03dfaa.png

Play Restrictions : 

Players cannot use Pokémon from the Uber tier, OU, BL1(UUBL), UU, BL2(NUBL), NU

All standard Official tier clauses apply

1v1-banner-png.159591

Banlist:

Banned  Items: Focus Sash

Banned  Moves: Perish Song

Clauses:
Accuracy Moves Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Flash, Kinesis, Leaf Tornado, Mirror Shot, Mud Bomb, Mud-Slap, Muddy Water, Night Daze, Octazooka, Sand Attack, or Smokescreen in its moveset.
Evasion Moves Clause: A Pokémon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
OHKO Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on a team.
Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.

Timer Clause: No timer is needed

Level Shift must be 50.

VGC:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b45c4e2cff7711413ac964b4554c1bae.png

This format is played as a Doubles Battle it only allows you to select 4 out of your 6 Pokémon to send into battle. All games will be played in best out of 3 series with the 6 pokemon you brought. Since Pokemmo don't support VGC you need a Host/Supervisor to play this format. Both players will be asked to link 6 pokemons to the host. When both players linked the 6 pokemon the host will announce the 6 public. The players then have 90 seconds to think what 4 mons they will bring to the battle. (important players can't change sets during the set you will play with the moveset + evs you showed to the Host/Supervisor.)

Rules:

Uniqueness Clasule: You cannot have two mons with the same pokedex number on a team. Additionaly, you cannot have two mons holding the same item

In order to make this format more distinct from doubles and more fun, with unique mons and strategys, we will put a restrict list on this tour. Players can use mons from Restrict List, but players aren't allowed to have more than 2 mons that are on restrict list, on their team. The original restrict list put legendarys, but on MMO we don't play with legendarys, so the list is from the 15 more used on Doubles metagaming:
Restrict List:

- Tyranitar

- Hitmontop

- Metagross

- Crobat

- Hydreigon

- Mienshao

- Togekiss

- Salamence

- Blastoise

- Scizor 

- Torkoal

- Rotom-Wash

- Chandelure

- Pelipper

- Garchomp

Teams tournaments:

Reveal hidden contents

Teams and Contry

Registrations Rules :

• The maximum number of team registered is 16. with two teams limit per country. If exceed one of limits they will be added on the reserve list and will be called in case a registered team is unable to attend. 
  • On country team tournament, 8 countrys can play. Countrys can register a reserve team but they will be put on last spot of reserve list.
  • Only registered players are allowed to play.
  • Registration must include all information below :

Team Name :
Team Tag :
Registered Players :
Team Captain :

Team are LC Compatible?:(Answer with only Yes or No)
(Note : The Team Captain is who hosts and refs will be contacting if need to relay information to your team.)

• Editing players in is allowed, up to an hour before tournament.
  • If a player was registered for a team, but his team didn't make it to the final 16 teams, he can't play for another team.
  • Adding/changing player right before tournament is possible by in-game/forum notification to host, under above conditions. Please inform the host of the change - if it will happen after that deadline.
  • Entry must be made by a member of the team.
  • Entry that was originally including one team, but then edited to another one, will not be counted at all. If a player who made an entry would change teams, he can't use his spot for a new team.
  • Teams aren't allowed to enter with a name of a country, on Team Tournament. In order to they enter, they need to provide a different name. This don't happen on Country Team Tournament. Example: A team with the name "China" need to put this on team name: "Team Name : <New Name>(China)" , replacing "<New Name>" with the name selected.
  • Team must have at least 3 players ready to fight. Failing to meet this requirement, will result in disqualification, and 1st reserve team will take place

Additionnal note : If a country already hit their team limit, any new team for this country will be put on reserve list

Maximum number of player per Team : 10

Tiers:
 Over Used/Under Used/Never Used/Doubles/Over Used or Little Cup
Note: When the team are registered the captain will declare if team/country are LC compatible. If, and only if, two teams that are LC compatible face each other, the 5th tier will be LC. Otherwise, will be OU.

Catching Events:

Reveal hidden contents

Rules

The 1st-8rd places will be sorted by high to low.

You can only submit one entry

Players can enter the event with only one account/character

All Pokémon must be caught within the event time and at the event location

All Pokémon must remain unchanged (untrained/unevolved...)

Evolved or unevolved forms of the listed Pokémon will not be accepted as a valid entry

You must be the OT of the Pokémon

You must link your entry to any host/supervisor via whisper to submit it

In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by earliest catch time

Format:

30 minutes from catching, then 10 minutes to link to Host/supervisor. After this, 15 minutes of break, until second stage start, with the time avaliable being the same from first stage. The winners will be announced on event post on Forums.
32 players can enter, with a cap of 4 players per country. They will be splited on 4 groups of 8, with 2 advancing to second stage. On first group stage, players from same country will not be drawed on same groups.

On second stage, the 8 players will be put on one group and the rules to determine positions kept the same. People that advanced on first place of their group on previous stage, enter on this stage with a +3 bonus score.

Solo & Team Scavanger Hunt

Reveal hidden contents

Solo Scavanger Hunt:

Format:

Teams will need to rush to find the mons. 30 Minutes, and if players didn't catched all mons, they will be sorted by who catched more. The next criteria will be team that showed the last mon earlier. After this, 15 minutes of break, until second stage start, with the time avaliable being the same from first stage. The winners will be announced on event post on Forums.
32 players can enter, with a cap of 4 players per country. They will be splited on 4 groups of 8, with 2 advancing to second stage. On first group stage, players from same country will not be drawed on same groups.

On second stage, the 8 players will be put on one group and the rules to determine positions kept the same. People that advanced on first place of their group on previous stage, enter on this stage with a +3 bonus score.

Rules

• The host will announce the list of the Pokémon you will have to catch in English global chat at the start of the event
  • You need to catch every Pokémon listed, with any property listed (eg specific nature, specific IV, specific catch location, etc.)
  • The winners, from 1st place to 4th place, will be the first players to link in whispers the 6 Pokémon to the event host
  • You must link your entry to the event host via whisper to submit it.
  • Positions from 1st to 4th place will be determined by the order in which the host receives whispers
  • Only Pokémon caught after the start of the event will be accepted a valid entries
  • You must be the OT of all the Pokémon submitted
  • Players can enter the event with only one account/character.
  • All Pokémon must remain unchanged (untrained, unevolved, etc.)
  • Evolved or unevolved forms of the listed Pokémon will not be accepted as a valid entry
  • Any Pokémon which doesn't meet the requirements listed (eg specific nature, specific IV, specific catch location, etc.) won't be accepted as a valid entry. 

Team Scavanger Hunt

Participating teams:

Maximum of 8 teams, limit of 1 per country. Teams registered first will be prioritized. All players from team must be of same country. Reservers are unlimited

Explanation:

Players will team up in teams of 4 in order to hunt specific pokemon (with specified natures). 

There will be 20 pokemon to find, and it's up to the players to divide the tasks among their teammates.

The first team to find all 20 pokemon which suit the criteria will obtain the prize.

Players should have access to all areas in game in order to fully participate.

Rules:

• Players will team up into groups of 4, and register their participants on registration day, along with a team name. Reserves are recommended. There will be a rolecall at the beginning of the event.
  • Players must present Pokemon with their OT, or the OT of a registered teammate and with the specified nature, as well as within the specified level range.
  • Players must link their findings in normal chat in front of the appropriate staff member. Each Station will have five pokemon, and they must be all presented in 2 messages at maximum(sometimes you can't link five mons in a row.).
  • Pokemon must be presented to the correct supervisor/host only
  • Times are recorded by the time of presentation, and not catch times on the Pokemon.
  • The Pokemon must have no additional levels past their 'met date' as well as no EVs or EXP gained.
  • Pokemon must be caught in the wild and not bred or purchased.
  • All supervisors/host will be on Channel 4.
  • All Pokémon must be caught within the event time.
  • After 30 minutes, all teams will be called and need to return to station to link as quick as possible. teams will be sorted by who linked more mons that fulfill the requirments, if not enough teams complete the task.
  • Players can enter the event with only one account/character.

H1P1 Battle Royale

Reveal hidden contents

TBA

Notes:

Reveal hidden contents

Reminder:
 - Similar to the Olympic Games organized by the International Olympic Committee, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau will be able to compete separately from China. Players for those territories, if want , will be allowed to play for China.
 - Russia, due to their conflict with Ukraine and following the decision taked on 2022 Winter Paralympic Games, will be banned from first edition, if happen on 2022 or 2023. Players from Russia, if want to play, will need to represent other country.

Imo, the first time the event is hosted, it should have a title like this: [POG] PokeMMO Olympic Games<Date that you want>
Imo, the second time the event is hosted, it should have a title like this: [POG 2] PokeMMO Olympic Games Season 2<Date that you want>

If there is a catching contest during your event, you can open a thread like this: [POG] PokeMMO Olympic Games - Catching Contest<Date that you want>

If there is a OU tournament during your event, you can open a thread like this: [POG] PokeMMO Olympic Games - Over Used<Date that you want>

7 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Ok, so I read through the thread and this is what I found:

Imo, the first time the event is hosted, it should have a title like this: [POG] PokeMMO Olympic Games<Date that you want>
Imo, the second time the event is hosted, it should have a title like this: [POG 2] PokeMMO Olympic Games Season 2<Date that you want>

If there is a catching contest during your event, you can open a thread like this: [POG] PokeMMO Olympic Games - Catching Contest<Date that you want>

If there is a OU tournament during your event, you can open a thread like this: [POG] PokeMMO Olympic Games - Over Used<Date that you want>

okay, thanks for the help.

• gbwead changed the title to Unofficial Events Standard: [Tier/Tag] Event Name - extra description (Schedule)

One thing I think can be done is when there is a large event, like PSL, World Cup, Olympic Games, the host take, if possible, the usage of pokemons in unofficial tiers, like VGC (which is easier now that a supervisor will have the team folder to count), 1v1, Monotype... This can help other hosts make tiering decisions if necessary on their events. For example, for the Olympic Games, in VGC format I was planning to put the 15 most used doubles on a restrict list. But seeing the DoctorPBC event and collecting its usage has already made me review the list. At the end of the season, I will change it to the 15 most used on the VGC tour. And it may not look like it but there have been some changes. Like Whimsicott and Serperior being candidates to join the restrict list and Mienshao being released, for example, if usage remains more or less the same way. Also, make the usage lists public or here or encouraging hosts to put they on General thread of their events. Not on events that are currently on progress, but on next events.

Would be very convenient if for example, PSL gets usage of LC(AT least the mons most used), and repass it to Little Cup Club. They can use the usage to take a tiering decision if they think that are necessary. Also, the usage would be useful to LCPL, since on this tour have LC-UU and LC-NU, have the usage of LC to build a format based on usage and not on banlist only is very convenient, especially because of the LC-NU, that are a new format(First Introduced on LCPL II).

If you want to know in which format can be used to this data organization, check this spreadsheet that i've maked of VGC usage.
(Note: I deleted the lines 53-1000 and the columns G-Z on the spreadsheet pages only to save memory. Those archives has a limit of iirc 1 millions of frames avaliable. When you putt on table that the usage you want to gather is from many events, those things need to be considerated. Like on stall teams, where have more PP is better than powerful moves.)

Edited by caioxlive13

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.