[Tutorial] How to change fonts

This is a tutorial to teach you guys how to change fonts,Let's GO!

#Step 1: Download font

You should download font in internet(or make one by yourself,but I dont know how to make that, I won't teach you here)

I get all fonts from here:https://www.fonts.net.cn/ , there are many free fonts for English and Chinese

We know some English fonts doesn't work for Chinese,so maybe you should download a Chinese fonts version

#Step 2: Put your new font in your theme

Go to find out which font did you download, and put it into

PokeMMO\data\themes\(your theme)\res\fonts

The "fonts" file is the font of your theme

When you did that,you'll have two choices:

#Step 3: Two choices put font

• First choice:   Let your font become default name

For example: I'll change my battle font, I turned my new font's name into battle.ttf , replace that old default font,so I'll see the font in battle become my new font

(This is helpful for those who are not familiar with xml file)

• Second choice:  Delete default fonts

For example: I'll change my battle font,but my new font's name is XXXXXX.ttf , and I opend fonts.xml in the file of my theme,I found out that code which I'll change,I turned it into my font's name,it'll work too

(This is better that the first choice because you have more places can change)

I'll show you which fonts can change and change where in the end of this tutorial

#Step 4: Test online, go to find where did you change,when you found your font is fixed, you did it,congratulations!

#Step 5: Enjoy!

The following is a detailed description of all font codes that can be changed:

Battle interface:

Spoiler
<fontDef name="battle" filename="res/fonts/battle.ttf" color="#FFFFFF" shadow_offset_x="1" shadow_offset_y="1" shadow_color="#CC000000" size="48" hinting="Full"/>

Trainer card name:

Spoiler
<fontDef name="trainer-name" filename="res/fonts/NotoSans-SemiCondensedBlack.ttf" color="#434343" size="18" incremental="false" characters="AaBbCcDdEeFfGgHhIiJjKkLlMmNnOoPpQqRrSsTtUuVvWwXxYyZz"/>

Symbols, fonts (white):

Spoiler
<fontDef name="symbols-white" filename="res/fonts/DejaVuLGCSans.ttf" color="#FFFFFF" size="14" hinting="AutoFull" incremental="false" characters="┌├└─←→↑↓▸◂↖↗↙↘☒➤↻☒⇲"/>

The following code is to change the suffix of the font file. TTF to. TTC: (need to re import the font)

Title fonts (black):

Spoiler
<fontDef name="title-font-black" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Bold.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#252525" size="12" size_cjk="15" hinting="AutoMedium" hinting_cjk="Slight"/>

Title fonts:

Spoiler
<fontDef name="title-font" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Bold.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#FFFFFF" size="12" size_cjk="15" hinting="AutoMedium" hinting_cjk="Slight" shadow_color="#55000000" shadow_offset_x="1" shadow_offset_y="1"/>

Message fonts:

Spoiler
<fontDef name="messagebox" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Bold.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#222222" hinting="Medium" kerning="false" size="24" shadow_color="#40000000" shadow_offset_x="1" shadow_offset_y="1" border_width="0" border_color="#484848"/>

Tooltip fonts:

Spoiler
<fontDef name="tooltip-font" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#535353" size="12" size_cjk="14" hinting="Full" hinting_cjk="Full" shadow_color="#20FFFFFF" shadow_offset_x="1" shadow_offset_y="1">

Lowercase letters:

Spoiler
<fontDef name="alphabeta-small" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#FFFFFF" size="12" size_cjk="13" hinting="Full" hinting_cjk="Slight"/>

Border: (the border in the table):

Spoiler
<fontDef name="alphabeta-border" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" kerning="true" color="white" size="12" size_cjk="14" hinting="AutoSlight" hinting_cjk="Full" border_width="1" border_color="#434343">

Letters:

Spoiler
<fontDef name="alphabeta" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#FFFFFF" size="12" size_cjk="14" hinting="Full" hinting_cjk="Slight" default="true" unique_atlas="true">

The following is the font I changed (you can adjust the color, replace the color code you like in "#FFFFFF", you can go to the drawing software to customize and copy the code)

Spoiler

675640630_QQ20210206155731.thumb.png.b54b5cd91e2fa843c611c388457c1312.png

Because of I dont know any codes,so if I have something wrong,welcome to tell me 🙂

That's all,thanks for reading💖