Quitting pvp and the game cause of pvp temporarily

hello players i am darkenm and this topic will be a ramble of the pvp meta and my problems with it and why it will make me quit temporarily. the reason im making this is cause I want ppl to get where i am coming from. and not think i have skill issue XD

Problem #1: the lack of defence.  we all know that you cant counter every mon to the point where u have an impenatrable threat. heck no, there will always be that mon that will wreck you utterly. but we dont have enough defence. lemme explain when you have a volcarona vs a chansey or blissey then you would click toxic on blissey and just stall but volcarona has refresh so it can remove its own toxic and keep on setting up to kill bliss/chansey so youre screwed and if youre not using rain then youre doomed.  or if its a mirror match against volcarona. what will both volc's use? they will set up to max blindly. you dont know when they will attack or if they keep on setting up and for some reason when this happens i do 30 percent when they do like 50. idk if thats just me but not part of the point. mons like heatran and landouras T would make it better with  flash fire heatran as a good counter. or more mons like legendaries to balance out the unstable meta. or no actual good leads or 0 good stall material whatsoever. because of this many of the player base uses hyper offense and sometimes its hyper offense vs hyper offense and which team is faster . so what im saying personally im saying i think legendaries will balance things out for me and i want legendaries however we know that the devs alr have alot on their plates and we know nothing abt dungeons and we dont even know if they know how its gonna work. so i might aswell dip and go for another mmo. also none of the prominent threats are being banned like dugtrio. idk if the tier council loves dugtrio that they enhance its stats and unban it from ubers just for it to still be a beast.and back to my main point there is no defensive material. we got no landouras, no heatran. heck some defensive mons are still frail like bruh without toxic heal gliscor has very few recovery options. one taunt to the face and boom the lack of defense just hurts stall and balance players like myself. if you dont run anything on the on the offensive side than youre toast  and even rain can clap offense easily. and offense takes  0 skill. because of the lack of walls and counters is the reason offense has become so good. im not saying this to shoot down anyone or the game. just want people to get where im coming from

Your volcarona example shows some misconceptions on your part. Volcarona doesn't learn refresh. The only way Volcarona can win vs Toxic Blissey/Chansey is with Safeguard+Giga Drain, Rest or Sub. In all those cases, Volcarona has to give up an important coverage move which mean Volcarona will be vulnerable vs many threats. 

Also, you don't have to take my word for it. The statistics speak for themselves. Volcarona is below 50% win rate and Pelipper is also below 50% win rate. I think it's difficult to argue that Rain teams or Volcarona teams are "op" if they don't even have a positive win rate overall. 

As for Dugtrio, that's just a sad case...

srry i meant safeguard. and peliper can counter volc to some extent . rain teams are op. i mean in my eyes. like you have so many abusers like kingdra, kabutops, and ludicolo. scizor sometimes on rain for chansey and blissey. and kingdra outspeeds all the common speedsters in the meta under rain like  scarfed garchomp,ect.  like i said before meta is unstable and no real proper ways to defend against these. so yeah. also not tryna start anything 🙂

1 hour ago, DARKEN said:

srry i meant safeguard. and peliper can counter volc to some extent . rain teams are op. i mean in my eyes. like you have so many abusers like kingdra, kabutops, and ludicolo. scizor sometimes on rain for chansey and blissey. and kingdra outspeeds all the common speedsters in the meta under rain like  scarfed garchomp,ect.  like i said before meta is unstable and no real proper ways to defend against these. so yeah. also not tryna start anything 🙂

Actually:
No Special Wall in your team = Good Luck trying to win Kingdra on Rain.

And in some days the matchmaking seems like are manipulated, because a specific mon can counter your team. A very specific mon. And you fall vs it on 55-75% of matches of the day, even if the mon have the same usage than Haxorus. Idk if happens with you, but with me happens a lot. I usually use HO teams with no Special Walls(Recently a HO with screens) and fall vs rain on 50-60% of matches, but Sand(When the setter is Tytar), that certain teams that i use, can counter easily(Usually setting up with scizor, against ferrothorn(I had Roost + Swords dance so Meh...)), i almost don't face it.

Edited by caioxlive13

ikr. and matchmaking arent very new player friendly. like image just starting pvp and you get made with the #1 on the ladder. ppl say you learn that way but i dont see how you learn while trying not to get your butt whooped

ill prolly just focus on showdown and other mmos which i seem to be better at as they more accommadate my playstyle. i will drop in mmofor events and stuff. maybe even make an ou discord for ou tier but meh

Howdy Darken, I may be currently more in the shiny hunting side of things, but I do play OU PVP fairly often, and I thought I might offer you some tips if you decide to give MMO pvp another chance. I've been playing since around 2016ish, and I can say that you are right, that the Meta isn't the most stable, but anytime something new is added it has always had the ability to change the meta. You just have to adjust. I find that the pvp system that sets you up against what you lose the most against to actually be a fix of extremely frustrating but kind of helpful, because for anyone that has battled me, I kind of have a few niches that I use that are unconventional (let's just say I was really disappointed when Prankster got needed in MMO) that I learned purely because I decided to experiment with some mons. I know you dont have millions (unless you do, no judgement here) to use to pay for new comps every time, but I've found that for instance kingdra in the rain and set up sweepers can be shut down by a whimsicot (an untiered mon) with the right prediction. Your comp struggle sounds similar to mine when I was trying to ride the meta, before I decided I'm going to do my own thing, which I normally have a 65-85% win rate normally (but currently I'm trying to complete my shiny utility mon team). I currently run an OU comp team centered around my shiny sableye (fingers crossed for prankster soon) with staraptor as a lead. However I do agree there are other issues with PVP as well, such as payout not being the best. 500-1000 BP from winning a match that could take an hour? Not much, since I can make 4k BP an hour at the battle frontier. The MM rewards kind of help balance it but for casual players that cant grind out the massive stuff all the time only getting a few miracle waters or charcoal is kind of annoying, since it takes forever to make back the money we spent on comps just from PVP. The vanities/gift mons should be tradeable that way the gift mons could be used for breeding and the vanities can be sold to make money. I know the devs put alot of work into making the system, and I appreciate the work they are doing, but when it comes down to it, often times PVP can feel like a waste of time if that is the main thing you do. PVP also isn't the only thing PokeMMO has to offer, berry farming, shiny hunting, and doing battle tower with friends are all fun ways to play after completing story. To sum it up, it comes down to how do you want to play, but maybe you need to think about how to counter those mons, (maybe cloud 9 to neutralize weather will work for you, or maybe flash fire typlosion) and it doesn't have to be OU to be used in OU. Hope I helped you with this info!

ty for the advice but i do better in later gen like gen 6 an 7. this week i got to top 500 on the showdown ladder. keep in mind this metagame is more stable so it suites me quite well.im not limited to a short range of walls as compared to gen 7 where there is stuff like stackatacka,landouras,heatran,sableye,doubleade, amoongus, slowking. my problems is how there is a lack of defensive walls or mons that would be good if given hidden abilities. or legendaries to check the pokemons that is running wild in the meta rn

people would also recommend adinho teams however the problem is that every adinho team is o popular. ppl dont even build anymore its just the clicking on one of adinhos vids, not even buying patreon copy the teams and use it. they would be everywhere in the meta

Sorry to say it but there s no perfect team, there s always that poke that counters a whole team. A good player is someone Who has à high win rate not a 100% win rate

Just Accept facts.

Sometimes through thé Day, there s à specefic monsters are used more than Others and for this u have to use Another team, that s the skill needed, is to masterize and use diverse pokes and différent teams. 

Good luck for what u décided to do. 

I hope they release 3rd part and u don't quit xD

9 hours ago, DARKEN said:

i didnt try to make the best team bro. the problem is the meta

99% of the problem is you, and dugtrio, but dugtrio is a whole different discussion. There's countless documentation outside of mmo that lets you understand the barebones of competitive, and even a couple of youtubers/streamers that are doing somewhat well on the ladder that you can learn with probably.

Volcarona safeguard still outperforms blissey in later gens, and in later gens offense is still good and can be spammed even on high ladder in smogon, but yeah currently defensive presence is poor compared to offense at least in OU, but you gave the worst example by mentioning volcarona

3 hours ago, razimove said:

99% of the problem is you, and dugtrio, but dugtrio is a whole different discussion. There's countless documentation outside of mmo that lets you understand the barebones of competitive, and even a couple of youtubers/streamers that are doing somewhat well on the ladder that you can learn with probably.

bro read it again. i never said i had a problem with dugtrio alr. now im dne with this whole entire topic

and like i said before i am just trying to get ppl to get where im coming from not tell me to do do these. like watch mmo tubers. or run this or that. no, i habe gotten to top 500 in gen 6 ou alr this week. something many ppl cant do without expirience. so i dont need ppl telling me what to do when they cant do what i did so easily. now i will just log out of this acc until legendaries come and meta is more stable. knowing the devs it might be a whole 2yrs so peace

Edited by DARKEN