Cybercrime by pokemmo players

Back to the bases:

“Cybercrime is any criminal activity that involves a computer, networked device or a network.

While most cybercrimes are carried out in order to generate profit for the cybercriminals, some cybercrimes are carried out against computers or devices directly to damage or disable them. Others use computers or networks to spread malware, illegal information, images or other materials. Some cybercrimes do both -- i.e., target computers to infect them with a computer virus, which is then spread to other machines and, sometimes, entire networks.”

There are many types of cybercrime and I don't want to talk about that. I intend to address those that I know have already been common practices by pokemmo players and have not been approached with due seriousness, namely Cyberespionage, Software piracy, and even access just to be a troll by disabling some things on the victim's computer.

In any case, any form of undue access is a crime, punishable by law in 80% of the countries in the world, where there are departments where you can make a complaint and take the necessary legal measures.

Regarding pokemmo, I don't think it's normal to have people with this history and where these IP's are not permanently banned. I have been in various gaming communities for decades and they are always strict with this kind of attitude.

Not taking access to other pokemmo players seriously, even if it's just for trolling, only leads to these people continuing to do the same, or even others to do the same.

My objective with this post is, first of all, that the game follows the measures that other games and gaming companies do and that are logical and expected. This game started out as something small, but it has grown and is now on par with many other games, these things cannot be taken lightly.

Secondly, I want to address trolls who access other people's computers, either to steal data or to troll. What you guys do is a crime and just because others didn't do anything doesn't mean all people will stand still. Seriously think if you want legal entities to track your IP and have you labeled as cybercriminals.

ACCESSING OTHERS' COMPUTER IS A CRIME.

For all I leave Cybercrime Legislation Worldwide so that you know in your country the existing decrees of law and the measures to be taken.

https://unctad.org/page/cybercrime-legislation-worldwide

image.thumb.png.ce4f17fee355ea08232e95cd78fc3de9.png

PS - Sorry if this post is not in the right place but I'm still not very used to the forum

Edited by LadyR0sy

While I'm sure this post is enlightening to some players unfamiliar with the concepts of cybercrime, I'm not sure why you seem to be broadly accusing other players of it. Malware distribution, phishing, account takeovers, etc. are explicitly against the Terms of Service and result in permanent account termination when reported to us.

If you have a report to make, please do so via https://support.pokemmo.com so that it may be addressed. Thanks

• Kyu locked this topic