September-2022 Movement Discussion Thread

Machamp is finding some difficulty navigating a tier with Spiritomb and Dusclops, as they are easy switches that result in both Flame Orb and hazard damage. Both also have very little pressure from the rest of the meta, since they're incredibly bulky and can maintain their longevity with Rest or Pain Split. 

I feel like Feraligatr is more concerning right now due to its versatility, as it can beat its own checks with a different set and scouting this can result in a loss due to momentum. 

Along with the tier changes posted in the tier change thread I have updated the NU/Untiered list.

Dropping off into Untiered:
Alomomola

Pikachu

Up out of obscurity into NU:

Altaria

Honchkrow

Vanilluxe

Sharpedo

Gardevoir

Charizard

Skuntank

• Munya unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, Munya said:

Along with the tier changes posted in the tier change thread I have updated the NU/Untiered list.

Dropping off into Untiered:
Alomomola

Pikachu

Up out of obscurity into NU:

Altaria

Honchkrow

Vanilluxe

Sharpedo

Gardevoir

Charizard

Skuntank

Is it possible to have UT as it's own tier? For example renaming the current NU to RU (rarely used), and moving the viable UT to NU.

If not, is there a way we can use the same usage system to separate stuff like Omastar and Kangaskhan from Squirtle, Rattata, etc on the pokedex?

Edited by Axelgor
48 minutes ago, Munya said:

We currently have no intention of adding any more tiers, UT is not a tier and will not be treated as such.

EDIT: Heck yeah my first clown reaction, give me some more.

Tranz logged in few days ago and left me some. Have one more from me, count it as if it was from him (even though I do like the decisions so far)

6 hours ago, Munya said:

We currently have no intention of adding any more tiers, UT is not a tier and will not be treated as such.

EDIT: Heck yeah my first clown reaction, give me some more.

Withoit adding a tier, it's should still be possible to seperate UT in the pokedex.

Now we can evaluate the impact of Empo's exit. Feraligatr is now a big deal. Before, fera has forced using quake to empoleon, and with DD/Quake/Waterfall, the 4th move options are limited, because he wants Ice Punch for Rotom-Mow and Crunch for Jellicent, two of their checks. One of those two will win vs him, depending of which move the player don't choosed, and using both would be Giving up stab waterfall or the only thing that would do decent damage in Empoleon. Now with empo gone, fera can run both moves and have coverage, even if the coverage is weak, to both. Basically nothing stops you from simply using both moves.

56 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Now we can evaluate the impact of Empo's exit. Feraligatr is now a big deal. Before, fera has forced using quake to empoleon, and with DD/Quake/Waterfall, the 4th move options are limited, because he wants Ice Punch for Rotom-Mow and Crunch for Jellicent, two of their checks. One of those two will win vs him, depending of which move the player don't choosed, and using both would be Giving up stab waterfall or the only thing that would do decent damage in Empoleon. Now with empo gone, fera can run both moves and have coverage, even if the coverage is weak, to both. Basically nothing stops you from simply using both moves.

Jellicent has been in OU for almost/over a year now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.