How to Horde - EV & Exp train easy in Kanto

Horde - EV & Exp train easy in Kanto

Specially if you haven't finished the Elite Four.

1.- Get a pokemon team that can do hordes

Horde-killer: You need a pokemon with a move that hits all foes and will insta kill them.

Horde-attractor: You need a pokemon with Sweet Scent (you can max the PPs to 32) so you can use it 4 times (20PP) or 6 times (32PP)

Here you can see a list of moves that can insta-kill a horde:

Spoiler

I put the price to remember these attacks with the Move maniac on Two Island on the Sevii Island (you need to do the fire gym first).

If a pokemon has a plus sign, it includes its evolutions.

My fav moves are Surf and Discharge.

Name Type   Pwr Acc PP Price Pokemon
Synchronoise Psych S 120 100 10 x2 Big M Drowzee+, Hoothoot+, Whismur+, Kecleon, Chimecho, Chatot, Munna, Sigilyph, Elgyem+
Earthquake Ground P 100 100 10 x4 Big M
TM26 - 30,000$
Sandshrew+, Diglett+, Geodude+, Rhyhorn+, Wooper+, Swinub+, Donphan, Larvitar+, Marshtomp+, Numel+, Trapinch+, Hippopotas+, Mamoswine, Drillbur+, Sandile+, Golett+
Sludge Wave Poison S 95 100 10 x4 Big M
TM34 - 19,000$
Ekans+, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Dugtrio, Tentacool+, Grimer+, Wooper+, Quilfish, Shuckle, Octilley, Mudkip+, Gulpin, Seviper, Crawdaunt, Cradily, Gastrodon, Croagunk, Tympole+, Trubbish, Frillish+, Stunfisk
Heat Wave Fire S 95 90 10 x3 Big M Charizard, Growlithe, Torkoal, Volcarona
Surf Water P 90 100 15 MO03 Un montonazo de pokemon
Muddy Water Water S 90 85 10 x3 Big M
900$
Vaporeon, Wooper+, Marshtomp+, Barboach, Shellos+, Tympole+, Stunfisk
Hyper Voice Normal S 90 100 10 x4 Big M Jigglypuff, Sentret+, Whismur, Chatot, Audino, Tympole+, Minccino, Deino+
Magnitude Ground P -- 100 30 x2 Big M Sandshrew+, Diglett+, Geodude+, Donphan, Numel+, Barboach+, Golett
Discharge Electric S 80 100 15 x3 Big M Pikachu+, Magnemite+, Voltorb+, Electabuzz+, Jolteon, Porygon+, Chinchou+, Mareep+, Nosepass+, Electrike+, Shinx+, Pachirisu, Blitzle+, Emolga, Joltik, Klink+, Eelektrik+, Stunfisk
Lava Plume Fire S 80 100 15 x3 Big M Magmar, Flareon, Cyndaquil+, Slugma+, Numel, Torkoal
Rock Slide Rock P 75 90 10 x3 Big M
TM80 - 15,000$
Onix+, Aerodactyl, Sudowoodo+, Shuckle, Slugma+, Larvitar+, Marshtomp+, Nosepass+, Aron+, Camerupt, Trapinch+, Solrock, Lunatone, Roggenrola+, Drillbur+, Timburr+, Dwebble+, Tirtouga+, Archen+
Bulldoze Ground P 60 100 20 x2 Big M
TM78 - 15,000$
Diglett+, Geodude+, Rhyhorn+, Donphan, Trapinch
Air Cutter Flying S 60 95 25 x1 Big M Zubat+, Farfetch'd, Skarmory, Beautifly, Wingull, Masquerain, Pidove+, Woobat+, Sigilyph
Incinerate Fire S 60 100 15 x1 Big M
TM59 - 10,000$
Slugma+, Pansear, Darumaka
Swift Normal S 60 20 x2 Big M Pikachu, Sandshrew+, Zubat+, Persian, Magnemite+, Voltorb+, Staryu+, Electabuzz+, Eevee, Cyndaquil+, Ledyba+, Aipom+, Yanma, Espeon, Skarmory, Plusle, Minum, Crawdaunt, Pachirisu, Buizel+, Minccino, Accelgor, Mienfoo+
Razor leaf Grass P 55 95 25 x1 Big M Bulbasaur+, Bellsprout+, Chikorita+, Sunkern+, Nuzleaf+, Tropius, Turtwig+, Wormadam, Snover+, Leafeon, Sewaddle+, Cottonee

Source: https://pokemondb.net/move/group/multi-target but I removed moves not available in PokéMMO, status moves and moves under 55 points of power.

I personally recommend getting Discharge on your favourite electric Pokémon, since it can take care of Fearows and Golducks.

2.- Get the neccesary items

Bike - You need it for Route 17

HM Surf - You need it for Psyducks and Golducks.

Exp. Share - Get as many as possible. The EV you get for fighting wild pokemon are also copied to pokemons with Exp share.

Fly or Teleport- That way you can easily come back to the PokéCenter.

Quick Claw - Optional, helps you insta kill hordes.

3.- Start farming

SPEED - ROUTE 17. Fly to Celadon City and go to the west, then south. The first bush you encounter in the bridge. You'll encounter Raticates and Fearows which will give you x10 SPEED points. You need to train that to make sure you hit first.

SPATK - TWO ISLAND. Once you are fast enough, travel to Two Island and surf in the water patch north of the city. You'll find Golducks that give x10 SPATK and a good amount of EXP.

EXP - TWO ISLAND. Golducks are also pretty nice too. I don't know if other hordes give more exp but this one is easy.

ATK - ROUTE 15. Fly to Fuchsia City and go to the east. The first bush you encounter will have Nidorino which provide x10ATK when defeated (recommended Surf)

Source: @pikabuuh's guide on All Horde Locations

2022 All Horde Locations - EV and Shiny

Source: @Akshit's guide on EV Training

Simple EV Training & Leveling Guide Using Horde

With this method, you'll get a Staryu/Starmie with Surf that will cheese through Giovanni.

Extra.- Get mushrooms

The easiest strategy is to buy a Shupett with Frisk, super cheap, teach Thief to that pokemon and go to Mt. Moon, and take a stair down to go to a corridor where Paras appears all the time. It's better to use Sweet Scent. Dig your way out once you run out of PPs in Sweet Scent.

At first I was using a Shupett with Frisk and when it was detecting an item, I switched it to my Dugtrio that used Thief until I got the Mushroom, then I escaped.

It's important to remove the Mushroom from the Thief pokemon.

I hope this helps for people who are not that experienced and that want something easy to understand how EV training works.

Best,

Alberto.

Edited by areywings