[GUI] Archetype - Total PokeMMO visual overhaul including animations and customizable options

12 minutes ago, MetalMix said:

Hi i love the theme but i just wanted to know if there was a way to change the chat text size? 

Sure, we plan on updating the chat panel regardless though.

Feel free to join our discord and one of us will point you where you need to go / what to change.

We can't do this for all areas, but something simple like that we don't mind assisting with.

Updated for 21578

initial implementation @realmadrid1809's "choose your colors" framework which allows the user to customize the majority of the ui through a process called tinting

fixed cursor weights - this means when you go to grab the edge of an adjustable widget, it will grab where you're actually hovering

updated login screen for greater multi-language compatibility (pt-BR for example.)

optimized login screen and other misc animations

reworked chat to be more user friendly and accessible

adjusted dex colors and tool tip fonts

adjusted icons and several pop-ups

full changelog coming soon

Changed compatible revision to 21588

fixed client / mod management window titles

fixed "issue" where when switching between themes a black box is displayed on the main menu (still recommend to restart client to refresh cached assets.)

full / back-dated changelog coming soon

59 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

Changed compatible revision to 21588

fixed client / mod management window titles

fixed "issue" where when switching between themes a black box is displayed on the main menu (still recommend to restart client to refresh cached assets.)

full / back-dated changelog coming soon

The file Choose_Your_Colors.xml needs to be renamed to CHOOSE_YOUR_COLORS.xml (as defined in theme.xml), or it won't load on case-sensitive file systems.

On 10/31/2022 at 12:59 PM, Garcia98 said:

The file Choose_Your_Colors.xml needs to be renamed to CHOOSE_YOUR_COLORS.xml (as defined in theme.xml), or it won't load on case-sensitive file systems.

Thanks for pointing out that oversight!

Git did not detect the changes after creating the file.

Fixed. My apologies for any inconvenience caused by that.

Edited by nurver9
  • nurver9 changed the title to [GUI] Archetype - Total PokeMMO visual overhaul including animations and customizable options
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey All

Thanks for this mod, it looks very great!

Right off the bat, the first thing i noticed is that it dosen't showcase wether

a move is super effective, not very effective or immune when in a battle.

This is not a problem for me personally, but i just thought i'd share it since i think some people would love to have that in

this mod.

24 minutes ago, Alublue said:

Hey All

Thanks for this mod, it looks very great!

Right off the bat, the first thing i noticed is that it dosen't showcase wether

a move is super effective, not very effective or immune when in a battle.

This is not a problem for me personally, but i just thought i'd share it since i think some people would love to have that in

this mod.

Yes it does.

They are icons instead of words, they use the same color scheme as default.

Effectivity symbols not showing in multi-battles is even present in Generation 8 mainline games.

Thanks for your interest.

image.png.5bd48d5afff308e863dfbd0b8f7783a6.png

Edited by nurver9

Hello, I would like to report a very small detail that's been bugging me. I'm doing it here because I didn't think it was significant enough to open an issue on github for example.

The small arrow icon when sorting by price or date on the GTL seems to be inverted and it can be a bit confusing sometimes.
image.png.e71bca607459ec488937f27ecec1c264.png  image.png.21e9076898744d61a643ccd21798291a.png        image.png.988da1db60851008d633a88e8f9d79f2.png  image.png.9439f50392930f682090a7a636ea44a5.png

Thank you and good luck!

7 hours ago, SacredDiver said:

Hello, I would like to report a very small detail that's been bugging me. I'm doing it here because I didn't think it was significant enough to open an issue on github for example.

The small arrow icon when sorting by price or date on the GTL seems to be inverted and it can be a bit confusing sometimes.
image.png.e71bca607459ec488937f27ecec1c264.png  image.png.21e9076898744d61a643ccd21798291a.png        image.png.988da1db60851008d633a88e8f9d79f2.png  image.png.9439f50392930f682090a7a636ea44a5.png

Thank you and good luck!

Wow, great catch. No idea how this happened.

@realmadrid1809

We'll look into it, had to triple check myself.

Edited by nurver9
  • 3 weeks later...

hello, i havent really been paying attention to the themes discussion and suggestions but id like to suggest something as long as it hasnt already been suggested
that being an option to toggle back the battle background the theme turns transparent, or even making it so you can change its colors to an extent, maybe just the e4 4's because their backgrounds are pretty dope, anyway an option to have the background on would be cool

2 hours ago, Octopice said:

hello, i havent really been paying attention to the themes discussion and suggestions but id like to suggest something as long as it hasnt already been suggested
that being an option to toggle back the battle background the theme turns transparent, or even making it so you can change its colors to an extent, maybe just the e4 4's because their backgrounds are pretty dope, anyway an option to have the background on would be cool

unfortunately that's all controlled by the ROMs and not something we can easily theme.

thanks for your interest though!

29 minutes ago, Octopice said:

but could you make a separate download with the games current background? and one without it like the current one

Can you send a picture of the background you are talking about? I don't think we quite got what you mean.

If you are talking about the background during battles, that can be turned on and off in settings

Hey just created an account to pass by and say that i really admire what you guys put together, i love the theme!!

I just wanted to ask a couple of questions, i come from a thread about a concept where Anon talked about a v2, that was referring to this one right?

And second, i'm a native spanish speaker so if any help is needed translation wise i'm willing to help!! 

On 12/19/2022 at 8:15 PM, MatiPlayzz said:

Hey just created an account to pass by and say that i really admire what you guys put together, i love the theme!!

I just wanted to ask a couple of questions, i come from a thread about a concept where Anon talked about a v2, that was referring to this one right?

And second, i'm a native spanish speaker so if any help is needed translation wise i'm willing to help!! 

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, this theme was made after the concept. We (anon, nurver and I) are not affiliated with the original concept maker though. That's why the theme looks so different from it now

On 12/19/2022 at 2:15 PM, MatiPlayzz said:

Same here, I am already enjoying a lot this theme, keep up the good work! I am also a native Spanish speaker, and would love to be helpful. I don't really know how much help is needed, or if there is any help needed at all.

Hi everyone, hope you had a good Holiday. The latest updates to the game brought along some changes, customization-wise mainly the way icons are sourced.

@realmadrid1809 is working on some new icons for us, and they're looking great.

Unbenannt.png

Here's another teaser for you all, an optional "rounded" mode, which will be implemented soon.

image.thumb.png.89cf3c6a9a3f2c08db0354069604a432.png

As a side-note, during these updates there was a minor oversight- pt-br and pl were not added to the game files. This means, if you have either of these languages selected in-game (even with the default or mobile theme.) you will see these error boxes in various areas.

If you still are seeing these errors and use either pt-br or pl, please file a report at https://support.pokemmo.com stating that these languages were forgotten when implementing the new icon system and are subsequently causing these errors.

image.png

Edited by nurver9

Thank you to everyone who recently commented.

Within the next few days we will release the latest stable update, as there has been a beta version for awhile, and now with the new icon changes- an alpha version. (Subscribe to the Repository to receive alerts, check the branches or view the activity feed in our Discord.)

The color customization system and round mode is almost entirely completed. These systems were both entirely custom made by @realmadrid1809.

This update will also address any of the (fixable) issues open on the Repository.

If you're someone who wishes to contribute in any form, feel free to reach out via Github or Discord.

(One day we'll theme the contest screen, promise.)

Edited by nurver9
  • 3 weeks later...