[GUI] Archetype - Total PokeMMO visual overhaul including animations and customizable options

Open the choose_your_colors.xml with any text editor and edit the hex values:

Unbenannt.png

This is a reference pic, so you know which color is which:

image.thumb.png.312972b1cace7cca3db4fda23cc950b4.png

If you need help getting hex values, you can just use this google color picker:

https://g.co/kgs/g7EqaB

Extra tip:

You don't have to restart the game, you can just press ctrl+f5 to refresh the theme ingame once you have saved the choose_your_colors.xml

On 1/20/2023 at 10:47 AM, realmadrid1809 said:

Open the choose_your_colors.xml with any text editor and edit the hex values:

Unbenannt.png

This is a reference pic, so you know which color is which:

image.thumb.png.312972b1cace7cca3db4fda23cc950b4.png

If you need help getting hex values, you can just use this google color picker:

https://g.co/kgs/g7EqaB

Extra tip:

You don't have to restart the game, you can just press ctrl+f5 to refresh the theme ingame once you have saved the choose_your_colors.xml

Thanks but I have another question can the fonts be changed?

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dresart said:

Hey! First of all very nice theme! I've a little problem... there's a way to make the chat a bit bigger? It's too small for me :S

Thanks for the kind words.

First, ensure you have the latest (as of right now, Alpha branch.) download of the theme.

Here's an active relevant thread with over 100 comments pertaining to modifying battle names and chat size, already in our Discord: https://discord.com/channels/743352385262583858/1073602045677932677

We encourage everyone who has inquiries like this to reach out via Discord, as the conversations easily can span several forums pages, and it is much easier to use our threads hub to see if someone has already posted about said inquiries. There's a plethora of documentation there, in regards to strings, themes, and more.

tldr: search for the following font defs in the main fonts file, which is located at: assets\xw1GoWZEYl\pscdKVjzHw\7GX5AFtgAN.xml

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1048628017385181195/1048650931723587745/image.png

alphabeta-* are references to the main alphabeta font, if you want to change the source font.

you only have to modify the size flag for each channel def.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, IndraFox said:

Hi! Amazing work! How would I go about 'hiding' the 'move effects' in battle??

I've attached an image to clearly show u what I am referring to! Thanks!!!

2.png

Thanks- You can't hide them. Technically you can make them transparent or attempt to render them off-screen, but at their core they're part of the content that is sourced directly from the ROMs.

Anyways, among a plethora of changes (each commit can be viewed on GitHub.) this area has changed- you're using an outdated version of the theme, please use the latest alpha version.

By popular demand effectivity numbers have returned.

Button highlight also dynamically tints based on effectivity.

image:
image.png.542e0e6983e72bdea14b9894e9dee17b.png

animated:
https://i.imgur.com/zBl4uMv.mp4

Edited by nurver9
7 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

Thanks- You can't hide them. Technically you can make them transparent or attempt to render them off-screen, but at their core they're part of the content that is sourced directly from the ROMs.

Anyways, among a plethora of changes (each commit can be viewed on GitHub.) this area has changed- you're using an outdated version of the theme, please use the latest alpha version.

By popular demand effectivity numbers have returned.

Button highlight also dynamically tints based on effectivity.

image:
image.png.542e0e6983e72bdea14b9894e9dee17b.png

animated:
https://i.imgur.com/zBl4uMv.mp4

Hello! Thanks a lot for the swift reply!

Thats super cool about the updated version! Definitely gonna get my hands on it after I finish writing this..

Making the move effectiveness fully transparent sounds just perfect! How exactly do I do this? Thanks a million!

Keep up the incredible work friend!

Indra

13 hours ago, IndraFox said:

Hello! Thanks a lot for the swift reply!

Thats super cool about the updated version! Definitely gonna get my hands on it after I finish writing this..

Making the move effectiveness fully transparent sounds just perfect! How exactly do I do this? Thanks a million!

Keep up the incredible work friend!

Indra

Inside your Pokemmo installation folder go to \data\themes\archetype-alpha\assets\jaejGI7pIp and open the MAsXAmMZ9W.xml file with any text editor (I use notepad++ but you can even use the normal editor that comes preinstalled on windows).

Then delete the lines I marked with a blue dot in front:

image.thumb.png.542cd67ffff7b0ce697a3c9d0e73df76.png

Save the file and you should be done.

Edited by realmadrid1809
On 2/27/2023 at 3:47 PM, realmadrid1809 said:

Inside your Pokemmo installation folder go to \data\themes\archetype-alpha\assets\jaejGI7pIp and open the MAsXAmMZ9W.xml file with any text editor (I use notepad++ but you can even use the normal editor that comes preinstalled on windows).

Then delete the lines I marked with a blue dot in front:

image.thumb.png.542cd67ffff7b0ce697a3c9d0e73df76.png

Save the file and you should be done.

Dude thank you so so much!! I have followed your instructions and it works just perfect! If you didnt know already, back in the original Pokemon Red and Blue days this is exactly how the game was 🙂 I remember because I was obsessed with those games as a six year old boy! Good times indeed and I'm super happy I can have that same experience now with Pokemmo! It makes the game a lot more challenging I find..and requires that you remember what moves are good against what type pokemon etc. Since switching back to this way of playing thanks to your aid, I have made some bad decisions in battles which has made the battle go a lot closer just for example. THANKS TO YOU!!!

Indra

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, papudavinci said:

the game crashes when i load the theme :((

Another user on GitHub has also reported this issue.

Please tell us what operating system you are using and upload your console log.

I cannot fix issues without some form context. Thank you.

I can confirm the theme works perfectly fine currently, on the majority of systems.

There is either some form of user error or something specific about these particular clients that is not loading properly.

Either way, without more information- not much I can do.

Edited by nurver9
1 hour ago, papudavinci said:

btw the theme is amazing, great job

1 hour ago, papudavinci said:

i edited the choose-your-look.xml and it worked, thx for the help

thank you.
can you confirm what operating system you're on so I can amend my FAQ in regards to this issue?
for some reason these clients have some sort of limitation or issue reading the custom code @realmadrid1809 wrote.

5 hours ago, LDZ said:

What I want to express is How to make the chat font bigger

My English is not good enough to accurately express what I want to say.😭

it's ok, you gave me a laugh

\assets\jaejGI7pIp\a3ZzQij90e.xml contains font definitions

because they all reference alphabeta font, you will need to add a size= flag to the references (they don't currently have any.) OR define your own font definition (for example alphabetachat.) and change the ref= flag to use this font instead of the default font.

modifying the alphabeta font itself will obviously change the size of all the dozens of alphabeta references

image.png

\assets\xw1GoWZEYl\pscdKVjzHw\7GX5AFtgAN.xml contains the code for the different chat fonts and their names

image.png
(thanks to Spartan for the images.)

If you require further assistance feel free to reach out via Discord (invite in readme.) as there is an existing thread on this topic.

Edited by nurver9
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder to users, do not download themes or mods from others sources besides the original the author linked.

There are redistributed copies of this theme floating around mediafire, etc and they are about 5 months stale now.

This is extremely disheartening to see because it throws the years worth of hard work everyone put into this project right into the trash.

Not to mention, who knows if the original content is intact or if it has been modified. It could even contain malicious files or links.

We also specifically state in our permissions we do not permit redistribution outside of GitHub forks. Obviously we can't stop someone from re-uploading our content, but the reason we say this is because when you create a GitHub fork it will compare it automatically to the original and alert the user if it is outdated or not.

The end user has no idea the redistributed content has been re-uploaded 99% of the time.

If you absolutely have to directly link this theme and cannot spare the few minutes it takes to read the extensive documentation which tells you how to install it along with customization info and FAQs, the following url will ALWAYS point towards the OFFICIAL Archetype stable download: https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype/archive/refs/heads/stable.zip

Edited by nurver9
  • 2 weeks later...