[GUI] Archetype - Total PokeMMO visual overhaul including animations and customizable options

1小时前,nurver9 说:

I tried to direct message you, but there appears to be some sort of region lock on the forums now. Unless you have me ignored.

Message I tried to send:

恢复隐藏内容

I cannot get a straight answer as to what domains are accessible in your region or not as of 2022.

As per google, https://github.com/ and https://gitea.io/en-us/ are apparently unblocked since 2021, at least. Is this the case?

When I post to CN forums, it would be pointless for me to point users to Git if they can't get to it. I understand not everyone uses VPN.

HOWEVER- WE DO NOT WANT to reupload zips @ mediafire, or other sites, etc, because we need to have the ability to retain version control, update / remove / release content easily like these platforms (Git) allow us to do.

Could you do me a favor and provide me a screenshot (if possible.) stating whether or not you can access these sites?
And or fwd me any Git like platform accessible to you.

Thanks

my index was full

and we can open github and gitea,but im not sure all chinese know how to use those

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, unette said:

+1 for more colors, really looking for orange, or full customization on the "base" color.

Great theme, thank you!

@realmadrid1809 is implementing a bunch of core changes that allow us to easily change out tints on certain assets over time. Some content just can't easily or quickly be changed- it has to be edited and re-exported.. So, other colors / light (white) mode could be seen in the future.

We're planning releasing a new update with in the next few days, which includes a ton of additions and fixes.

Thanks for the comments.

On 8/31/2022 at 3:55 PM, realmadrid1809 said:

If you're proficient in another language, hit us up! Atm custom strings need to be updated every revision. Thanks to our string management system this will not be the case anymore. To make this possible for other languages than English, we need your help!

hi, im a chinese speaker, could i help u?

2 hours ago, Thormeister said:

Just started PokeMMO. Would really love to try this GUI. When will the download be available?

Thanks for your interest!

We changed a SUBSTANTIAL amount of code recently, cleaned up a ton of areas and added a bunch of new windows designs, as well as removed any custom text (strings) that were previously included with the theme. (These areas have been redesigned using different techniques which allow us to drop these now unnecessary edits.)

Not to give away too much- but among the other additions / changes, @realmadrid1809 is in the middle of implementing a framework which will allow users to completely customize (most colored) aspects of the theme, extremely easily.

We were planning on releasing the latest update over the next few days / weeks- however, we're actually getting super close to the Halloween Event.

At this point, we're probably going to wait another week or two until the event drops- because the game will update with new additions to the UI which we will have to add into our theme.

After the Halloween event, the game usually does not receive an update, the events just end server-side. This will all ensure users have the most cohesive experience utilizing the new interface.

@AnonymousPoke, @realmadrid1809 and myself have been working on this project for over a year now at this point. We aren't planning on going anywhere!

In the meantime, if anyone wants to see what else we've been working on, check out our automatic encounter Counter or pop into our Discord to stay up-to-date.

743352385262583858?color=inactive&label=discord&logo=discord&logoColor=white

Edited by nurver9
markdown
26 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

We changed a SUBSTANTIAL amount of code recently, cleaned up a ton of areas and added a bunch of new windows designs, as well as removed any custom text (strings) that were previously included with the theme. (These areas have been redesigned using different techniques which allow us to drop these now unnecessary edits.)

Not to give away too much- but among the other additions / changes, @realmadrid1809 is in the middle of implementing a framework which will allow users to completely customize (most colored) aspects of the theme, extremely easily.

We were planning on releasing the latest update over the next few days / weeks- however, we're actually getting super close to the Halloween Event.

At this point, we're probably going to wait another week or two until the event drops- because the game will update with new additions to the UI which we will have to add into our theme.

After the Halloween event, the game usually does not receive an update, the events just end server-side. This will all ensure users have the most cohesive experience utilizing the new interface.

@AnonymousPoke, @realmadrid1809 and myself have been working on this project for over a year now at this point. We aren't planning on going anywhere!

In the meantime, if anyone wants to see what else we've been working on, check out our automatic encounter Counter or pop into our Discord to stay up-to-date.

@nurver9 Thanks for such a detailed explanation, and im not even to person you were replying to lol and as someone using the beta branch of the theme, I've noticed some of the additions/changes and they're all great. As some very light critique I would say maybe try making the animated blue heart slightly smaller. And just wanted to suss something I might have noticed or not but, I could have sworn the icons that display the type of moves in battle was changed where it was cleaner with the type spelled on it. HOWEVER, I was just playing and noticed that it looked just as it did previously and now im not sure if I'm just tripping... that's about it, thanks again for the work!

37 minutes ago, nitsuJay said:

I would say maybe try making the animated blue heart slightly smaller.

Will do.

I could have sworn the icons that display the type of moves in battle was changed where it was cleaner with the type spelled on it. HOWEVER, I was just playing and noticed that it looked just as it did previously

Could of been one of us messing around with something or we made a mistake- in the old versions of the theme last year we had different type icons. It's a tough one about these icons- you can't define new ones to be used at 2x scale, etc. So in 90% of widgets that call these, like on the battle buttons or summary screen / move set, they look good. Kind of left that on the back burner as it's a engine limitation currently and majority of users like the icons.

That being said if someone wanted to modify the theme for personal use, feel free to reach out to us on Discord and we can provide some basic assistance.

thanks again for the work!

Thank you for being interested in our projects!

Edited by nurver9
grammar
56 minutes ago, nitsuJay said:

@nurver9 Thanks for such a detailed explanation, and im not even to person you were replying to lol and as someone using the beta branch of the theme, I've noticed some of the additions/changes and they're all great. As some very light critique I would say maybe try making the animated blue heart slightly smaller. And just wanted to suss something I might have noticed or not but, I could have sworn the icons that display the type of moves in battle was changed where it was cleaner with the type spelled on it. HOWEVER, I was just playing and noticed that it looked just as it did previously and now im not sure if I'm just tripping... that's about it, thanks again for the work!

Feedback is always appreciated 🙂 Especially since it is, as the name suggests, a beta.

We never had the names on types cause we wanted to keep the theme as multi lang compatible as possible. However if you select a language, which we didn't include a file for or if you switch between themes ingame the game will render the icons sourced from the default theme, which have the names spelled out.

9 hours ago, nurver9 said:

Thanks for the explanation. Really looks promising. Ill wait as long as you guys need.

Latest update has broken some areas of Archetype. We're working on these areas as we speak.

In the meantime- please either swap to the default theme or submit feedback via our Discord so we can figure out all of the areas that need to be updated.

Thanks!

p.s. This happens every update, for ALL themes. It just so happens that ones with custom code and assets break way harder than ones that only have modified default assets.

Edited by nurver9

Changelog

1.1.0 - 10/16/22
- Updated to PokeMMO revision 21316
- Remade 90% of the assets and the framework of the theme to prepare for future updates
- Made theme independent from strings (string edits are not needed anymore due to ability pop-ups and login screen overhaul.)
- Edited Matchmaking, Settings and Summary Windows for multi-language support
- Fixed multiple PvP areas
- Fixed bag resizing when activating item on hotkey bar
- Added animated heart to in-battle HP indicator
- Reworked Mail Window
- PC Boxes are now scaling dynamically (give short nick-names to display more boxes simultaneously.)
- Mart Window realigned
- Countless other fixes

1.1.1 - 10/17/22
- Changed compatible PokeMMO revision to 21341 (no theme assets / code were introduced or modified.)

When updates occur that do not touch the themes directory, it is not necessary to download the theme again.
Expect there to be numerous updates until after New Years.

34 minutes ago, unette said:

Pretty sure they are there already, just as minimal icons/colors instead of text

Correct.

We might change them to an alternative design in the future.

It's difficult to have a design that works with all scaling modes and in-game windows.

The color coding scheme is the same as default, but as @unette stated we are using icons instead of text.

Unless I am misunderstanding and you're requesting a types chart of sorts @Excover126.

Edited by nurver9