Having more than 150 players in a Team

ScizoMonkey

Question

17 answers to this question

8 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

Agreed they should atleast grant people the ability to go beyond 150 members even at the cost of rps.

Ah yes, yet another brainless "make it RP purchasable" comment on a random suggestion. Are you that much enslaved to the game ? Just sell your limbs while you're at it

Any developer at least think a bit on what features should be free or not and what it means and costs to the players. Every suggestions where players think that "hey make it RP I'd buy it" is an argument in favor is just plain stupid and most cringe. Making a feature cost real money should always have reasons behind that go beyond what seems easy profit. If you can't name them please stop posting useless posts again and again that never add anything and always states obvious cringe worthy stuff. 

This suggestion has been made in the past and I think answered too. It most probably won't happen. I don't think any "super-teams" exceeding 150 players would be any improvement to players experience. 

12 hours ago, Poufilou said:

If you can't name them please stop posting useless posts again and again that never add anything and always states obvious cringe worthy stuff. 

Indeed why every possibility to extend the game's QoL has to be in RPs. Recent Teleport ocarina for example. Too much bootlicking

9 minutes ago, ProfessorBlue said:

Indeed why every possibility to extend the game's QoL has to be in RPs. Recent Teleport ocarina for example. Too much bootlicking

to be fair, the other ocarinas already cost RP so making the teleport ocarina cost RP or converted yen makes sense.

I do agree that increasing team size through the use of RP isn't a good option though. the size is capped for every team at 150. It would cause a pretty notable issue if some teams used RP to increase their size and other teams were stuck at the 150 player mark. It's a concept that is different from PC expansion tickets which are specific to individual players.

I think increasing the team size would be interesting if it's by 50 slots or so, but if there really was a need for such a large team, it can do what, correct me if i'm wrong, what lab does and just create separate in-game teams like lab1, lab2, etc. to contain all their members. It isn't optimal, I agree, but honestly speaking it's pretty hard to retain that many active players in a single in-game team. A countermeasure to this is utilizing discord servers. Ultimately, I don't see the expansion of team sizes as necessary, but I do agree that something like a 50 member expansion wouldn't hurt and it also wouldn't yield something akin to a super-team.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:25 PM, Poufilou said:

Ah yes, yet another brainless "make it RP purchasable" comment on a random suggestion. Are you that much enslaved to the game ? Just sell your limbs while you're at it

Any developer at least think a bit on what features should be free or not and what it means and costs to the players. Every suggestions where players think that "hey make it RP I'd buy it" is an argument in favor is just plain stupid and most cringe. Making a feature cost real money should always have reasons behind that go beyond what seems easy profit. If you can't name them please stop posting useless posts again and again that never add anything and always states obvious cringe worthy stuff. 

This suggestion has been made in the past and I think answered too. It most probably won't happen. I don't think any "super-teams" exceeding 150 players would be any improvement to players experience. 

You completly missed the point. The point was i would get this feature no matter how high the cost was.

Anyway i don't see why you're so annoyed with this. If you're not going to use the feature then why would you go out of your way to try discredit the feature. Its as if you secretly feel as though how you experience the game is the only way everyone does. Have a little more concederation for other players.

You're right the feature may have been suggested before but that's irrelevant reason for not implementing it now because the situation changed. For example you cant honestly expect a team with + 5 years active in the game to be limited to only 150 members. Inaddition the game has grown in player base and so maintaining the current rigid team member system no longer makes sense.

The fact that this feature has been suggested so many times makes it obvious that this feature is necessary to enhance other players' experience.

2 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

You completly missed the point. The point was i would get this feature no matter how high the cost was.

Anyway i don't see why you're so annoyed with this. If you're not going to use the feature then why would you go out of your way to try discredit the feature. Its as if you secretly feel as though how you experience the game is the only way everyone does. Have a little more concederation for other players.

You're right the feature may have been suggested before but that's irrelevant reason for not implementing it now because the situation changed. For example you cant honestly expect a team with + 5 years active in the game to be limited to only 150 members. Inaddition the game has grown in player base and so maintaining the current rigid team member system no longer makes sense.

The fact that this feature has been suggested so many times makes it obvious that this feature is necessary to enhance other players' experience.

You just said a whole lot of nothing there while completely skipping the actual point of that post - it's an awful idea to have key gameplay features obtained by having to invest real money through donations. That's why "just make it an RP feature" is such a bad suggestion always and it just screams desperation, it's almost like your idea isn't useful to the game on its own so you have to convince the devs they would get for it money so they would do it.

About the actual suggestion, I don't really care either way. Seems odd to me 150 player limit would ever come up to any team even if every single player had an alt in the team. Or then you're just having an open recruitment when literally anyone from Global chat can join. But any actually serious team and a team with any hope of success are a little bit more selective with their recruitment. But I don't necessarily see any harm in increasing it.

Edited by OrangeManiac
11 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

About the actual suggestion, I don't really care either way. Seems odd to me 150 player limit would ever come up to any team even if every single player had an alt in the team. Or then you're just having an open recruitment when literally anyone from Global chat can join. But any actually serious team and a team with any hope of success are a little bit more selective with their recruitment. But I don't necessarily see any harm in increasing it.

Same, btw the last suggestion was made by Mathew when lava was as its peak of activity. It's just another example of the struggle of keeping enough activity that you would actually need more than the actual cap. I don't think Lava would be any more alive now if teams had more than 150 players - it's just the nature of any online group to thin out and reach an equilibrium that is way under the 150 players cap. 

2 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

You just said a whole lot of nothing there while completely skipping the actual point of that post - it's an awful idea to have key gameplay features obtained by having to invest real money through donations. That's why "just make it an RP feature" is such a bad suggestion always and it just screams desperation, it's almost like your idea isn't useful to the game on its own so you have to convince the devs they would get for it money so they would do it.

Im of the opinion that if they were to make it an rps feature it would be to prevent people from abusing the feature without consequence. It would be consistent with how similar features of this sort work ingame  i.e the expansion box tickets ,name change tickets, make overkits, team name change tickets etcs. RPs would work as an excellent deterant to stop people abusing the system as made evident by how negatively this point has been recieved in this post. 

Teams that want to go beyond 150 should be allowed to do so but it shouldn't be a mindless decision it shouldn't taken lightly and RPs ensures that. A reason why it shouldn't be a decision done lightly is that it really does become difficult to manage a team with +150 people and if youre not conciously building a team of that size then its more likely your team will be full of inactives members.

26 minutes ago, razimove said:

why would anyone even want 150 members on a team to be fair. 

Because PokeMMO is the kind of games where almost everyone takes long, sometimes very long pauses.

Not all players have discord, so it's sometimes sad to kick players away while they might come back one day.

Another reason is in my team we have people from Europe, from America, from Africa, from Asia, so there are player h24 7/7 connected.

On 9/2/2022 at 11:25 AM, Poufilou said:

I think that are to literally avoid lag machines. On MMO, when a lot of players are concentrated on a single place, server can move it to other channel and keep online without being Unplayable. Even if i'm away from area that have a lot of players on events like halloween, the game still slow down a little due to lag. But removing this limit could make some player concentrate the maximum amount of players possible on a Secret base forcing the server to it's limit, with intention of making the game unplayable or just doing a tournament but their team are too big, like the Lab teams that are too big that are splited on 4 teams. And because Secret bases aren't divided on channels, there is no way to avoid it unless kick manually the Secret base owner.

Edited by caioxlive13
7 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I think that are to literally avoid lag machines. On MMO, when a lot of players are concentrated on a single place, server can move it to other channel and keep online without being Unplayable. Even if i'm away from area that have a lot of players on events like halloween, the game still slow down a little due to lag. But removing this limit could make some player concentrate the maximum amount of players possible on a Secret base forcing the server to it's limit, with intention of making the game unplayable or just doing a tournament but their team are too big, like the Lab teams that are too big that are splited on 4 teams. And because Secret bases aren't divided on channels, there is no way to avoid it unless kick manually the Secret base owner.

Interesting, I didn't think of that.

But you can have teammates+friends in a secret base