Implement a good system of obtaining ha

DiosSlurpuff

Question

Well, I don't know if this has been suggested before...

I think it's time to fix the way you get HA as it currently sucks.

Alphas keep increasing in price, making them very difficult to breed for players who don't have as many resources (money, time, or both).

On top of that, patches are also quite expensive for average players, this makes players less encouraged to try new strategies for fear of spending 1.6m foolishly, which reduces the versatility of them and makes it difficult to even test phase of an HA Pokémon. to see if it's broken for that level or not (Example: Sceptile SD + Unburden hasn't been tested, although currently without Golbat and Weezing in NU, it could become quite a dangerous monster).

My suggestion is simple: implement HA pills, just as there are pills that change common abilities. The patchs and alpha thing has worked (sort of) at first, but it's already punishing players. Both the new ones who want to start in PvP, as well as the veterans who do not want to recreate a mon that we have 5 times on our PC dying of disgust.

16 answers to this question

So it actually happened? I been complaining about this for the past 4 years now....

To be honest, I quit the game cuz the idea of remaking my entire pvp box that I've spent years making just didn't appeal to me purely to get a HA.

I really like your idea; there is no reason why HA should be all this bullshit and rebreeding, legit it should just be a pill or a usable item.

Legit all this is doing is punishing players and causing them to quit, like I did, I've barely played in the past 3-4 years cuz I felt like my entire box was a waste and making anymore new pokes would be a waste cuz apparently "I needed to wait for them to release dungeons and rebreed all my pokemon with HA to remake them all with HA" honestly who wants to do this? Who is this a good idea for? This is trash.

On 9/2/2022 at 1:53 AM, DiosSlurpuff said:

Well, I don't know if this has been suggested before...

I think it's time to fix the way you get HA as it currently sucks.

Alphas keep increasing in price, making them very difficult to breed for players who don't have as many resources (money, time, or both).

On top of that, patches are also quite expensive for average players, this makes players less encouraged to try new strategies for fear of spending 1.6m foolishly, which reduces the versatility of them and makes it difficult to even test phase of an HA Pokémon. to see if it's broken for that level or not (Example: Sceptile SD + Unburden hasn't been tested, although currently without Golbat and Weezing in NU, it could become quite a dangerous monster).

My suggestion is simple: implement HA pills, just as there are pills that change common abilities. The patchs and alpha thing has worked (sort of) at first, but it's already punishing players. Both the new ones who want to start in PvP, as well as the veterans who do not want to recreate a mon that we have 5 times on our PC dying of disgust.

A idea that i have in mind is: When you complete national dex you get a Ability Patch that can be used on any mon with HA avaliable. This ability patch will be Untradeable and will mark the pokemon you used with a Gift ribbon. But you can get tradeable ability patchs on PvP , on Seasonal Reward Path, and this patchs tradeable will not mark with gift ribbon.

Edited by caioxlive13
12 hours ago, greenspade said:

I been complaining about this for the past 4 years now....

12 hours ago, greenspade said:

I've barely played in the past 3-4 years

Yep, seems accurate. 

HAs aren't even really fully added yet, your box isn't a waste, it's been 4 years that you can use them and play normally. But yeah, it's more interesting to log in a forums of a game you don't play. 

6 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

A idea that i have in mind is: When you complete national dex you get a Ability Patch that can be used on any mon with HA avaliable. This ability patch will be Untradeable and will mark the pokemon you used with a Gift ribbon. But you can get tradeable ability patchs on PvP , on Seasonal Reward Path, and this patchs tradeable will not mark with gift ribbon.

Which would make the game ridiculously unplayable for new players who want to start playing competitively, with metagames where Serperior, Venusaur, Feraligatr, or Sceptile, to name examples, simply exist.

5 hours ago, Poufilou said:

Yep, seems accurate. 

HAs aren't even really fully added yet, your box isn't a waste, it's been 4 years that you can use them and play normally. But yeah, it's more interesting to log in a forums of a game you don't play. 

I mean.. I started playing again this past week.. did some pvp.. heard about the alpha pokemon and that restarted me coming back to the forums... I have a post last year.. and I have a post in 2018 also talking about this same subject; that forcing us to breed HA into pokes is a horrid idea and I quit in protest cuz 4 years ago they said "soon" and "2 weeks" so I figured it was coming alot sooner than 2022... but now that its here, its no less a bad idea.

Why pvp here if I'm only interested in pvping if the devs think forcing me to rebreed my whole box is a "cool new feature" - miss me with that crap.

7 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

This idea sucks, its just gate keeping for older players cuz most new players wouldnt be able to get them, so they'd have to grind harder and "buy" a tradeable one? naw this idea sucks.

Should be an ability pill you grab from the breeder vendor, so that old and new players alike have access to the same meta for pvp.

2 hours ago, greenspade said:

This idea sucks, its just gate keeping for older players cuz most new players wouldnt be able to get them, so they'd have to grind harder and "buy" a tradeable one? naw this idea sucks.

Should be an ability pill you grab from the breeder vendor, so that old and new players alike have access to the same meta for pvp.

The idea of MMO is just that. Or do you think that a good mon on competitive will fall from the sky on your party, ready to use? No, you need to grind.

2 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

Which would make the game ridiculously unplayable for new players who want to start playing competitively, with metagames where Serperior, Venusaur, Feraligatr, or Sceptile, to name examples, simply exist.

This will make the patchs more acessible, and reduce their price. For now it's expensive because is too much harder to compete the pokedex, especially when you need to catch the Safari zone exclusive mons(On Kanto we can give as examples Tauros and Kangaskhan.)

18 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

The idea of MMO is just that. Or do you think that a good mon on competitive will fall from the sky on your party, ready to use? No, you need to grind.

the way you twist words around to fit what you want really sucks.

Did I say fall from the sky when I suggested they could buy it from the same vendor they buy everything else from when they spend 1.6m+ on a comp poke?

If you think breeding a comp poke is "falling from the sky" than maybe actually go breed one yourself instead of buying them off other players, since you clearly have no idea what kind of effort goes into a 5x31 or 6x31 if you think they are "falling from the sky"

If you think extra grind for the sake of extra grind is what makes mmos fun than your wildly out of line there too; people actually want to have fun playing; not re-grinding all the grinds they already did purely cuz the devs and you think it would be a neat feature to screw over our hard work and effort; this is effectively stealing grind from all players by forcing them to redo their grinds.

1 hour ago, greenspade said:

the way you twist words around to fit what you want really sucks.

Did I say fall from the sky when I suggested they could buy it from the same vendor they buy everything else from when they spend 1.6m+ on a comp poke?

If you think breeding a comp poke is "falling from the sky" than maybe actually go breed one yourself instead of buying them off other players, since you clearly have no idea what kind of effort goes into a 5x31 or 6x31 if you think they are "falling from the sky"

If you think extra grind for the sake of extra grind is what makes mmos fun than your wildly out of line there too; people actually want to have fun playing; not re-grinding all the grinds they already did purely cuz the devs and you think it would be a neat feature to screw over our hard work and effort; this is effectively stealing grind from all players by forcing them to redo their grinds.

read he context of entire text. When i say "fall from the sky" , i mean " getting him for free, without any effort ".  To have a competitive team, it will cost a lot. My suggest make ability patch more acessible, making the price lower. Try to understand the miminum of market.

Edited by caioxlive13
18 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

The idea of an mmo is that players get their resources with hours of play, yes.
But making a new player have excessive difficulty even starting to play is stupid the way I see it.

16 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

read he context of entire text. When i say "fall from the sky" , i mean " getting him for free, without any effort "

Nobody gets anything ''for free''
I totally understand greenspade's point, I have 2 venusaur, 2 feraligatr and 1 SD Infernape, I had 2 Espeon, I had to sell them and re-breed them... Having to spend around 5 or 6m just to make the Feraligatr, Venusaur and Infernape change his ability is ridiculous, and I doubt that changing his method of obtaining it will continue to be viable for new players honestly.

19 minutes ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

The idea of an mmo is that players get their resources with hours of play, yes.
But making a new player have excessive difficulty even starting to play is stupid the way I see it.

Nobody gets anything ''for free''
I totally understand greenspade's point, I have 2 venusaur, 2 feraligatr and 1 SD Infernape, I had 2 Espeon, I had to sell them and re-breed them... Having to spend around 5 or 6m just to make the Feraligatr, Venusaur and Infernape change his ability is ridiculous, and I doubt that changing his method of obtaining it will continue to be viable for new players honestly.

And you missed the point of suggestion again. The idea is make him a PvP reward , because it will be more easier to get than are now. And with this, the price of Ability patchs will be too much lower, getting more acessible to novice players. Basically one or two days farming Gym and they wil get enough money to buy the patchs.

17 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

read he context of entire text. When i say "fall from the sky" , i mean " getting him for free, without any effort ".  To have a competitive team, it will cost a lot. My suggest make ability patch more acessible, making the price lower. Try to understand the miminum of market.

Again you twist reality around to fit what you want to say.

Buying a ability pill from the vendor is not "falling from the sky" or "free without any effort" you still need to grind for the money in order to sinkhole into the item to use the pill; its already a mmo grind sinkhole and doesn't require any of the extra bullshit your ignorantly going off about while ignoring everyone's valid concerns about what your sayin; instead of addressing peoples valid concerns you just strawman and honestly its very dishonest debating to be doing this.

A regular pvp feature of the game should not be a "pvp reward" or "an additional feature of the game you have locked behind something" or "breeding into pokemon" all of these suggestions are just screwing around from what should be obvious; hidden abilites are not some magical special thing that some pokemon have and others don't; every single pokemon that could have a HA should have a HA cuz its part of what makes them them; to lock part of the pvp capability behind anything is stupid to me cuz it makes new players out classed by rich players and it makes old players have to redo their boxes in the current state with breed in HA.

Nothing about this feels good. Nothing about this is "more mmo" than just buying an ability pill.

It would be like locking pokemon moves behind your caught rate; why would that make sense? "Your blastiose is trying to learn hydro pump! But you haven't caught enough pokemon yet so screw you he cant learn it!" how would this be any different? You have a pokemon; they can't use HA without breeding or doing something impossible for the common player; this just creates gatekeeping for those who are able to do it; or forces players to buy overpriced HA versions of pokemon due to being unable to make them themselves...

How is locking players out of content helpful for a mmo? The whole point should be you could grind for anything; not have things impossible to get for the common player so they need to buy one overpriced off someone else cuz they cant grind for it.

Do you even play this game?

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

And you missed the point of suggestion again. The idea is make him a PvP reward , because it will be more easier to get than are now. And with this, the price of Ability patchs will be too much lower, getting more acessible to novice players. Basically one or two days farming Gym and they wil get enough money to buy the patchs.

1-2 days of farming gyms for a item they should be able to buy from the vendor for around the price of an ability pill?

Oh I understand your angle now; you want something to farm so you can sell to newbs, without the newbs being able to access the thing your farming so they need to buy it off you.

It all makes sense now why your being so ignorant and unreasonable; your greedy af.

Since nobody cares or listens to us in the suggestions forums here, I suggest you directly message this to Rache and Vukooo who apparently are in charge of overseeing the development of this. I feel like if we all message them personally instead of talking amongst ourselves in these forums, they might actually notice the problem.

3 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Basically one or two days farming Gym and they wil get enough money to buy the patchs.

One or two days of Gym and npc farming is 800k at 1.6m, Almost what a complete competitive team comes out (!!!). in a time of 4 hours a day (!!!!!)... It's ridiculous mate, there is life outside of the game, anyone who wants to start playing will be demotivated, and the idea is that new players stay.