Suggestion: Multi-Ball

ColeTrain33

Question

Problem: Increased capture difficulty combined with being unable to efficiently farm hordes of Pokemon has created time consuming farming processes, in an already time consuming game. 

Suggestion: Implement a new type of Pokeball, the Multi Ball, which attempts a capture on every Pokemon in the horde simultaneously, with a similar capture rate of a Pokeball, and have it cost a bit more than 5 Pokeballs. Not so much as to make them completely undesirable, but to allow people to utilize horde encounters more efficiently and save some time here and there. I'd also agree with only allowing a single attempt at using the ball per encounter, and if you fail to capture any of the remaining Pokemon you'd have to single one out and attempt the capture as normal. 

Desired Effect: Reduce the time spent spamming Pokeballs and running from hordes because they're simply time inefficient. 

10 answers to this question

I recommend you play a bit longer to fully realize what you suggesting there.

That would devalue every breeder in no time because people catch like 100 mons a hour, not even starting about catching Ditto Hordes in one Swipe and how broken it would be.

And Dittos/common Breeder are already down to a ridicilous low.

Hordes are ment to be for EV training, Exp.... and as a shiny-slot machine.

Edited by Johnwaynee

If they gave the balls a lower catch rate and made that all pokes need to be low hp and statused for the poke ball to work then this suggestion would be very good. 

This would not ruin the economy as much because it takes a lot longer to reduce 5 pokes hp ,status them and then catch them than it is to ko 4 pokes, reduce one mon's hp, status it and then catch it.

It would also provide a way to catch more than one shiny when they appear in a horde.

There is also a higher chance pokes can ko themselves if you reduce all the pokes' hp and in the end this method ,with the above changes, wont be as efficient as people think it will be but nevertheless still needed for the shiny hunters.

Edited by BrokenJoker
21 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

If they gave the balls a lower catch rate and made that all pokes need to be low hp and statused for the poke ball to work then this suggestion would be very good. 

This would not ruin the economy as much because it takes a lot longer to reduce 5 pokes hp ,status them and then catch them than it is to ko 4 pokes, reduce one mon's hp, status it and then catch it.

It would also provide a way to catch more than one shiny when they appear in a horde.

There is also a higher chance pokes can ko themselves if you reduce all the pokes' hp and in the end this method ,with the above changes, wont be as efficient as people think it will be but nevertheless still needed for the shiny hunters.

I honestly don't see the point of this, for two shinies in the same horde? Did it ever happen to you?

What are the odds to get 5 shinies in a horde?

5 hours ago, ScizoMonkey said:

1/(30000 * 30000 * 30000 * 30000 * 30000) = 1/72900000000000000000000. This number is so high that even calculators cannot do the math. But calcing manually i found this %: 0,000000000000000000000137174211%

Edited by caioxlive13
4 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

1/(30000 * 30000 * 30000 * 30000 * 30000) = 1/72900000000000000000000. This number is so high that even calculators cannot do the math. But calcing manually i found this %: 0,000000000000000000000137174211%

It doesn't work like that, each individual pokemon has 1/30,000 chance of being shiny without donator or charm. EACH POKEMON. 

Edited by ProfessorBlue
wrong answer, I'm dumb
48 minutes ago, ProfessorBlue said:

It doesn't work like that, each individual pokemon has 1/30,000 chance of being shiny without donator or charm. EACH POKEMON. 

And this is the estimated chance of all mons of horde to be shiny. Assuming a horde of 5 mons.

Edited by caioxlive13
9 hours ago, ScizoMonkey said:

I honestly don't see the point of this, for two shinies in the same horde? Did it ever happen to you?

Idk man it seems a little cruel to make it possible to get more than one shiny in a horde and only be able to catch one of them.