October 2022 Movement Discussion Thread

Munya

6 hours ago, Munya said:

Everything stated in the OP has been pushed in game as well as the 2 suspects that are ending which is now also stated int he OP.

I respectfully consider it a bad decision to remove moves or reduce stats to a pokemon, I would not be thinking only of PVP players, without underestimating the work of the staff , I think the best decision is to consider both types of players (PVE), if you do not want serperior with rain leaves in pvp, which would be the serperior with that movement, osea can lead to serperior with any movement except rain leaves, but in gyms , informal fights with friends, Fights with the NPC event and the same story can use the movement mentioned freely.

Edited by DOOM
23 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Everyone commenting on Serperior, but no one noticed anything wrong? With the spam from Machamp and the departure of Porygon-Z, wasn't to Gigalith are on NU now?

Okay seriously, you've contributed many posts to these forums for a good while. Many, many posts. At this point you should already know how tiering works in this game. I honestly think these kind of posts should be moderated and just deleted, it's really taking focus away from actual needed discussions. If after hundreds of posts you don't understand the very basics, the concepts everyone should read and understand before making a single post, then you probably shouldn't contribute to these discussions because it's a complete distraction.

1 hour ago, OrangeManiac said:

Okay seriously, you've contributed many posts to these forums for a good while. Many, many posts. At this point you should already know how tiering works in this game. I honestly think these kind of posts should be moderated and just deleted, it's really taking focus away from actual needed discussions. If after hundreds of posts you don't understand the very basics, the concepts everyone should read and understand before making a single post, then you probably shouldn't contribute to these discussions because it's a complete distraction.

Everyone predicted that gigalith return to NU after P-Z's departure. But because of some mon that gigalith could check or counter, they stayed on UU. I know how usage system works, i'm only warning because something are becoming a issue on UU, that forced Gigalith's stay, even with two dominating mons that destroy gigalith with little to no effort(I'm looking at you, Machamp and Feraligatr).

Edited by caioxlive13
4 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Everyone predicted that gigalith return to NU after P-Z's departure. But because of some mon that gigalith could check or counter, they stayed on UU. I know how usage system works, i'm only warning because something are becoming a issue on UU, that forced Gigalith's stay, even with two dominating mons that destroy gigalith with little to no effort(I'm looking at you, Machamp and Feraligatr).

Everyone predicted that crobat return to NU after Serperior's departure. But because of some mon that crobat could check or counter, they stayed on UU. I know how usage system works, i'm only warning because something are becoming a issue on UU, that forced Crobat's stay, even with two dominating mons that destroy crobat with little to no effort (I'm looking at you, Rotom-Heat and Mamoswine).

2 hours ago, TohnR said:

Everyone predicted that crobat return to NU after Serperior's departure. But because of some mon that crobat could check or counter, they stayed on UU. I know how usage system works, i'm only warning because something are becoming a issue on UU, that forced Crobat's stay, even with two dominating mons that destroy crobat with little to no effort (I'm looking at you, Rotom-Heat and Mamoswine).

Crobat is historically good in the UU, it has always been dominant. Now Gigalith is a more complex case: Players started to use it after Porygon-Z fell to UU, and that was before Empoleon became extremely popular. The bizzare thing is: Empoleon first got roost, that alone made him much better than Gigalith for having a viable way to heal himself, combined with better defensive type of Pokémon(Steel), that Gigalith , iirc, don't have. Then P-Z was banned from UU. By then, he should have fallen, as he couldn't play the role that he has historically always played. Like happen with Gligar, who lost the role he historically always played (He was previously Heracross's check, then with Machamp buffed, Hera's popularity dropped, and it took both pokes to the hole.) and it didn't take long to fall to NU.

23 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Crobat is historically good in the UU, it has always been dominant. Now Gigalith is a more complex case: Players started to use it after Porygon-Z fell to UU, and that was before Empoleon became extremely popular. The bizzare thing is: Empoleon first got roost, that alone made him much better than Gigalith for having a viable way to heal himself, combined with better defensive type of Pokémon(Steel), that Gigalith , iirc, don't have. Then P-Z was banned from UU. By then, he should have fallen, as he couldn't play the role that he has historically always played. Like happen with Gligar, who lost the role he historically always played (He was previously Heracross's check, then with Machamp buffed, Hera's popularity dropped, and it took both pokes to the hole.) and it didn't take long to fall to NU.

Gigalith was a thing way before PZ. It's always been one of the main Yanmega answers and doesn't let Rotom-H and Crobat defog on its face.

9 hours ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

Gigalith was a thing way before PZ. It's always been one of the main Yanmega answers and doesn't let Rotom-H and Crobat defog on its face.

But they are far less popular than are when P-Z wasn't fallen yet. Isn't without reason, they visit with frequence NU, and when he are present, Stoutland becomes a bit more useful in NU tier. Gigalith on UU before was exactly like Weavile in OU before HA introduction. A good mon, but only good players could use it efficiently.(Maybe because this gigalith wasn't fallen. Only good players can use it efficiently, but now they(good players) are the only playerbase of UU because after Randoms introduction, is rare any "novice" play UU , NU or Doubles)

Edited by caioxlive13

So everyone is talking about Assault Vest, but we're turning a blind eye to the Chaos and Terror that the OU meta will become. With part 3 of the 10 year update, we will now have alphas running around. As we saw in part 2 of the update, these alphas have HA. What is the problem? They didn't specify if any pokemon can't be alpha or if it is, won't have HA. In the current situation, what we can deduce is that all mons can be alphas, with HA. That's the real problem. If let this happen, we will have Slowtwins, Amongus and other regenerator mons running with their HAs, making stall a very viable if not excellent team structure on OU. So please, before release server, do a nerf on those new alphas and don't add any HA except Infiltrator(To help against serperior). We need to evaluate little by little the impact of they, and not throw all. Especially because if follow the same policy than in July(Or august, i don't recall, but did 4 early rise and discard the end-month usage), when ignored usage because "meta changed", we will need to wait until december to play low tiers because with this mons running, they will be unplayable.

Edited by caioxlive13
11 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

So everyone is talking about Assault Vest, but we're turning a blind eye to the Chaos and Terror that the OU meta will become. With part 3 of the 10 year update, we will now have alphas running around. As we saw in part 2 of the update, these alphas have HA. What is the problem? They didn't specify if any pokemon can't be alpha or if it is, won't have HA. In the current situation, what we can deduce is that all mons can be alphas, with HA. That's the real problem. If let this happen, we will have Slowtwins, Amongus and other regenerator mons running with their HAs, making stall a very viable if not excellent team structure on OU. So please, before release server, do a nerf on those new alphas and don't add any HA except Infiltrator(To help against serperior). We need to evaluate little by little the impact of they, and not throw all. Especially because if follow the same policy than in July(Or august, i don't recall, but did 4 early rise and discard the end-month usage), when ignored usage because "meta changed", we will need to wait until december to play low tiers because with this mons running, they will be unplayable.

Honestly I like the chaos sometimes. We need to advance on this game bro I'm tired of using the same stuff over and over again, so I'm looking forward on how the TC will handle new HA mons. Let it happen and we will see what should get banned or what should stay. 

8 hours ago, suigin said:

Cool, offense gets fucked even more by this mon unless I have these two mons.

But let's see bro, what other ways are there to count other set of conkeldurr besides physical walls actually?

I took 2 examples out of many that could deal with Conkeldurr assault, because that assault set is lackluster here.

Positive points:
- Good bulk
- Good coverage

Bad points:
- Much lower offensive capacity (Unable to use Flame Orb or Bulk Up).
- No Power up punch to deal with this.

It could be interesting to start a discussion, but I see it too much, Conkeldurr Assault here is, compared to his other sets, somewhat trash.

12 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

making stall a very viable if not excellent team structure on OU.

Stall en ou was always equally viable, I don't see the problem with that... The problem here I think could be the lack of information, it would be useful to know if all the current meta pokes will be HA in this update or not, but it's something that I hope it will be fixed in time before the November changes.