Build a good team using only the original 150 pokmon

Hello, I'm fairly new to PokeMMO. I Grew up playing Pokemon blue, red and yellow and I only really like the original 150 Pokemon. I did play Gold and silver too so I don't mind some of the 2nd gen Pokemon as well.  I really am not a fan of all the newer ones. 

I Am trying to play through the game using only the original Pokemon. I'm also completely new to the competitive side and pvping of the game.

Can anyone recommend a good team of 1st gen Pokemon with move sets that would be good for me to try and put together?

I've just beaten the elite 4 in Kanto so am able to breed now. 

Thanks

Needless to say, restricting yourself to #1 to #150 is gonna limit you a lot unnecessarily. But if that's your requirement, I'll do my best to help you out. Here's some of the best (standalone) Gen 1 Pokemon in the PokeMMO metagame:

Chansey: Absolute behemoth of a wall. It's very annoying to face and slow to play but it is used for a reason, it is arguably the only way you can make sure rain teams don't run you over if you play only Gen 1 mons. Also provides you a Stealth Rock setter from Gen 1 Pokemon which is very needed.

Gyarados: Very threatening Dragon Dance sweeper with near perfect coverage. Can sweep teams on a correct board.

Gengar: Also offensively very threatening. Has an insane movepool and opponent will have to be on their toes all the time playing against one.

Weezing: With Chansey, created a very solid defensive core together. Weezing handles Fighting-attacks, which Chansey is weak to and Chansey handles any special sweepers that are threatening Weezing.

Dragonite: Very diverse, has plenty of roles it can do well due to its insanely diverse movepool and great distribution of stats all over the board.

Starmie: One of the only (good) entry hazard removers from Gen 1 with Rapid Spin. Offensively decent too.

Jolteon: Since the aforementioned Gen 1 Pokemon are lacking a Volt Switch blocker, using a Jolteon to prevent Volt Switch spam might be a good idea.

Machamp: A slightly worse version of Conkeldurr, to be honest. But if you want a strong physical Gen 1 mon it's definitely useful.

Tentacruel: Another potential Rapid Spinner that is a bit less used (and thus in UU) but has some positive traits, like checking Scizor and whatnot so it's an alternative to Starmie.

So yeah, if you want a Gen 1 comp team I'd probably start exploring from these and use the 6 you like the most. You want a Stealth Rock setter (Chansey), entry hazard remover (Starmie/Tentacruel) and probably a Volt Switch blocker (Jolteon). I'd also suggest Weezing to complement the defensive core. Last 2 offensive Pokemon can be whatever you like the most, I'd probably use Gyarados and Gengar/Dragonite as the offensive Pokemon of the team.

7 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Needless to say, restricting yourself to #1 to #150 is gonna limit you a lot unnecessarily. But if that's your requirement, I'll do my best to help you out. Here's some of the best (standalone) Gen 1 Pokemon in the PokeMMO metagame:

Chansey: Absolute behemoth of a wall. It's very annoying to face and slow to play but it is used for a reason, it is arguably the only way you can make sure rain teams don't run you over if you play only Gen 1 mons. Also provides you a Stealth Rock setter from Gen 1 Pokemon which is very needed.

Gyarados: Very threatening Dragon Dance sweeper with near perfect coverage. Can sweep teams on a correct board.

Gengar: Also offensively very threatening. Has an insane movepool and opponent will have to be on their toes all the time playing against one.

Weezing: With Chansey, created a very solid defensive core together. Weezing handles Fighting-attacks, which Chansey is weak to and Chansey handles any special sweepers that are threatening Weezing.

Dragonite: Very diverse, has plenty of roles it can do well due to its insanely diverse movepool and great distribution of stats all over the board.

Starmie: One of the only (good) entry hazard removers from Gen 1 with Rapid Spin. Offensively decent too.

Jolteon: Since the aforementioned Gen 1 Pokemon are lacking a Volt Switch blocker, using a Jolteon to prevent Volt Switch spam might be a good idea.

Machamp: A slightly worse version of Conkeldurr, to be honest. But if you want a strong physical Gen 1 mon it's definitely useful.

Tentacruel: Another potential Rapid Spinner that is a bit less used (and thus in UU) but has some positive traits, like checking Scizor and whatnot so it's an alternative to Starmie.

So yeah, if you want a Gen 1 comp team I'd probably start exploring from these and use the 6 you like the most. You want a Stealth Rock setter (Chansey), entry hazard remover (Starmie/Tentacruel) and probably a Volt Switch blocker (Jolteon). I'd also suggest Weezing to complement the defensive core. Last 2 offensive Pokemon can be whatever you like the most, I'd probably use Gyarados and Gengar/Dragonite as the offensive Pokemon of the team.

Thank you so much!