(DISCONTINUED) PokeMMOprices - Price Charts for all PokeMMO Items! Price History, Trends and More!

22 minutes ago, ColesNightfill said:

PokeMMOprices

Introduction

Hello fellow PokeMMO players! We know investing in items on PokeMMO is a really effective way to make money over time. However there has been a severe lack of market data that we have seen remedied by other guides and spreadsheets such as @Bestfriends and @Quakkz. However the manual and infrequent updates may not provide satisfactory market data to identify market trends, additionally there are also no charts of item price history. As a result, we are very excited to announce our release of PokeMMOprices.com, a website that charts ALL PokeMMO items, as well as provides more nuanced market data of all PokeMMO items!

We have only started recording data for just over ONE MONTH, due to this, please refer to @Bestfriends and @Quakkz StockMarketMMO guides if you wish to see price history prior to one month ago.

Additionally, we are only able to use the GTL's lowest price listing for our data. This means the actual value of some items will be misrepresented, as we have no way of detecting the price of sales, only the lowest listing. Please keep this in mind when viewing the data.

Item Database

Our Item Database includes every item on the GTL. You will be greeted with our Item Database on our homepage, where you can search or filter to see items you want. Additionally, we have a Vanity-Only Mode for those who are only interested in Vanity data for investing.

wHE7gQr.thumb.png.c48fecc37095acc221e49367631e1591.png

Right now we have over 800 items on our database, which you can search through. Once you find the item you desire to see the charts of, all you have to do is click it!

Charting

We provide Line Charts for any item. However, as stated in our introduction, we have only been recording price data for just over a month at the time of posting! This means our charts may not have all the data you may want. We apologise for this inconvenience, however as time goes on we will keep recording price data and hopefully solid price trends will be apparent through-out the years to come!

Here are some examples of our charts of popular vanities:

OosOAOx.thumb.png.4486ef130eda7813d021708cc557e445.png

LFmGFTV.thumb.png.5d61823a480b3fe9adc5957c7df8895d.png

Percent Gainers/Losers

This is a section of our website we thought we would add just for additional market information. It provides tables of items with their price percentage from a certain time period. At the moment we have Daily, 7 Day, and 30 Day tables. Here you can see what items have increased or decreased in value over these time periods. 

DSxcGo5.thumb.png.02b16e2fb8a42a33cade40a91d3a6806.png

OdB24bm.thumb.png.fca948cd140f066066af106fea2047dd.png

These screenshots are using Vanity-Only Mode, which allows for easy analysis of the current market of vanity items. To filter by percentage gain or loss, click the percentage table header, and it will filter percentages ascending or descending. As we continue recording data, we will add additional tables such as 90 days, 180 days, and 1 year.

Again we must stress, a lot of these inflated percentages are not accurate due to market manipulation or low volume, which inflates item prices on certain days.

Suggestions or Bugs

Please report any bugs you may see in our website! This includes item name errors, website layout oddities and anything else! We have done limited testing due to our small amount of resources, so please let us know of any bugs by replying to this forum post! 

We would also love if you guys could reply with any suggestions or thoughts on our website. We are very eager to take on feedback and improve your experience of our website! If there are any additional features you would like to see be added, reply to this forum post! 

If you wish to contact us privately, refer to the following section.

Contact Us

If you wish to contact us, we will always be viewing and monitoring this forum post, so reply if you are comfortable.

However if you have any other private enquiries, reach out to us at: [email protected]

Additional Notes

- Mobile functionality may be limited/buggy, we apologise for this

- Loading times can get pretty long, this is the nature of the amount of data we are dealing with. We will look for ways in the future to limit loading times

- We are currently unable to add the TM names, working on a fix

website link for anyone that missed it: https://pokemmoprices.com

Maybe a suggestion? Since you have only prices from one month, you can pick the data of BestFriends Guide and insert it.

14 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Maybe a suggestion? Since you have only prices from one month, you can pick the data of BestFriends Guide and insert it.

Bestfriends spreadsheet goes back approximately one month before our data. The first edition (Quakkz) goes back until the start of 2021.

I will have to look over their prices and see if they align with our data (if they use literal lowest price, or value estimation), but assuming we could insert it, I don't see why not.

I won't act on this until I have their permission or speak on this, as it's their own projects and me stealing their data could cause a conflict of interest.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Edited by ColesNightfill

Loading's a little slow but that'll probably get better with time. Looking forward to what this will become, seems very promising.

2 hours ago, ColesNightfill said:

Bestfriends spreadsheet goes back approximately one month before our data. The first edition (Quakkz) goes back until the start of 2021.

I will have to look over their prices and see if they align with our data (if they use literal lowest price, or value estimation), but assuming we could insert it, I don't see why not.

I won't act on this until I have their permission or speak on this, as it's their own projects and me stealing their data could cause a conflict of interest.

Thanks for your suggestion!

I can't speak for Bestfriends with regards to the project but I can clarify that there isn't any value estimation. It's just the lowest GTL value at the time of the update.

Edited by NotMyWaifu
1 hour ago, CrzPapel said:

Looks great.

However I would consider cutting out the Gift Shop vanities if possible (depending on how you structured the data collection process), their value is bound to the RP fluctuations anyways, you should never pay more than the equivalent in RP.

I agree with your point, however it would feel weird excluding gift shop vanities when there is every other item type on our website. 

However, excluding it from vanity-only mode could be a possibility. We will look into this, thanks for your feedback

1 minute ago, razimove said:

damn this is cool, if you ever need help with anything feel free to ask.

Thanks bro. Honestly this has been a huge learning experience, as this is the first website I have made. I am assuming you are more experienced with these sort of things, so if I ever get stuck I will reach out, thanks!

Maybe unrelated, but at the moment due to the nature of the data collection, the TM numbers and names dont align with anything I can find online, its PokeMMO specific. Resulting in just TM01, TM02 etc. (and no name). I will have to sort through them manually and try and price match. 

If anyone reading this has any resources on this, please let me know, otherwise I will manually sort.

5 hours ago, ColesNightfill said:

Thanks bro. Honestly this has been a huge learning experience, as this is the first website I have made. I am assuming you are more experienced with these sort of things, so if I ever get stuck I will reach out, thanks!

Maybe unrelated, but at the moment due to the nature of the data collection, the TM numbers and names dont align with anything I can find online, its PokeMMO specific. Resulting in just TM01, TM02 etc. (and no name). I will have to sort through them manually and try and price match. 

If anyone reading this has any resources on this, please let me know, otherwise I will manually sort.

Regarding the TMs, you can just force it to fetch the string after the space in TM01 - Draco Meteor for example, just have to make something like a progressive cycle for the numbers, and then grab the name after? Unsure how you did it, but this is fairly easy

Edit: Would be cool to have an official API, it would ease all this so much

Edited by razimove
55 minutes ago, razimove said:

Regarding the TMs, you can just force it to fetch the string after the space in TM01 - Draco Meteor for example, just have to make something like a progressive cycle for the numbers, and then grab the name after? Unsure how you did it, but this is fairly easy

A good thing to do make a list providing which each TM is, like:

Spoiler

TM XX - A move - $30.000 on markets
TM XY - B move - $25.000 on markets
TM XZ - C move - $20.000 on markets
and so on...

Note: The price "on market" means their price on NPC market, like the ones in Lilycove, Celadon. Route 9 Unova, and Veilstone.

On 10/7/2022 at 8:57 AM, razimove said:

That does sound easy, if thats how our data was structured. Unfortunately the numbers are all over the place, and there are no strings of the tm names. I will have to investigate this in my own time.

http://en.pokemmo.shoutwiki.com/wiki/TM

On the PokeMMO (fan?) wiki, the TM numbers also seem kind of random, and dont match up with any of the actual pokemon games, nor our data. So its all been very confusing haha

We also wish for a public api, as more projects like ours would be made, by more adequate and advanced people than me.

Edited by ColesNightfill
7 hours ago, ColesNightfill said:

That does sound easy, if thats how our data was structured. Unfortunately the numbers are all over the place, I will have to investigate this in my own time.

http://en.pokemmo.shoutwiki.com/wiki/TM

On the PokeMMO (fan?) wiki, the TM numbers also seem kind of random, and dont match up with any of the actual pokemon games, nor our data. So its all been very confusing haha

I don't really know the history but my best guess is they had numbers at some point but lost them at some point. It makes sense with having multiple generations, lots of tutor moves as TMs and no real way to sort the inventory. The wiki is generally pretty dated, if you look at the edit history the last time that page saw an edit was over a year ago. I might start cleaning it up soon, I'm kinda surprised no one else has.

On 10/6/2022 at 12:29 PM, ColesNightfill said:

PokeMMOprices

Introduction

Hello fellow PokeMMO players! We know investing in items on PokeMMO is a really effective way to make money over time. However there has been a severe lack of market data that we have seen remedied by other guides and spreadsheets such as @Bestfriends and @Quakkz. However the manual and infrequent updates may not provide satisfactory market data to identify market trends, additionally there are also no charts of item price history. As a result, we are very excited to announce our release of PokeMMOprices.com, a website that charts ALL PokeMMO items automatically, as well as provides more nuanced market data for these items!

We have only started recording data for just over ONE MONTH, due to this, please refer to @Bestfriends and @Quakkz StockMarketMMO guides if you wish to see price history prior to one month ago.

Additionally, we are only able to use the GTL's lowest price listing for our data. This means the actual value of some items will be misrepresented, as we have no way of detecting the price of sales, only the lowest listing. Please keep this in mind when viewing the data.

Item Database

Our Item Database includes every item on the GTL. You will be greeted with our Item Database on our homepage, where you can search or filter to see items you want. Additionally, we have a Vanity-Only Mode for those who are only interested in Vanity data for investing.

wHE7gQr.thumb.png.c48fecc37095acc221e49367631e1591.png

Right now we have over 800 items on our database, which you can search through. Once you find the item you desire to see the charts of, all you have to do is click it!

Charting

We provide Line Charts for any item. However, as stated in our introduction, we have only been recording price data for just over a month at the time of posting! This means our charts may not have all the data you may want. We apologise for this inconvenience, however as time goes on we will keep recording price data and hopefully solid price trends will be apparent through-out the years to come!

Here are some examples of our charts of popular vanities:

OosOAOx.thumb.png.4486ef130eda7813d021708cc557e445.png

i49MQkw.thumb.png.e86c9cc379763fee28cd0856507539cd.png

Percent Gainers/Losers

This is a section of our website you can see what items have increased or decreased in value over these time periods.  It provides tables of items with their price percentage from a certain time period. At the moment we have Daily, 7 Day, and 30 Day tables. This is useful as it provides a collection of the best and worst performing items, which you can view their graph of by clicking them.

DSxcGo5.thumb.png.02b16e2fb8a42a33cade40a91d3a6806.png

OdB24bm.thumb.png.fca948cd140f066066af106fea2047dd.png

These screenshots are using Vanity-Only Mode, which allows for easy analysis of the current market of vanity items. To filter by percentage gain or loss, click the percentage table header, and it will filter percentages ascending or descending. As we continue recording data, we will add additional tables such as 90 days, 180 days, and 1 year.

Again we must stress, a lot of these inflated percentages are not accurate due to market manipulation or low volume, which inflates item prices on certain days.

Suggestions or Bugs

Please report any bugs you may see in our website! This includes item name errors, website layout oddities and anything else! We have done limited testing due to our small amount of resources, so please let us know of any bugs by replying to this forum post! 

We would also love if you guys could reply with any suggestions or thoughts on our website. We are very eager to take on feedback and improve your experience of our website! If there are any additional features you would like to see be added, reply to this forum post! 

If you wish to contact us privately, refer to the following section.

Contact Us

If you wish to contact us, we will always be viewing and monitoring this forum post, so reply if you are comfortable.

However if you have any other private enquiries, reach out to us at: [email protected]

To-do List

Things I am currently plan on working on (some are inspired by suggestions):

• Make loading times shorter (specifically gainers/losers page)
  • Fix TM names. May have to sort through them manually, as numbers are random and dont match any online lists.
  • Tweak and fix mobile layout.
  • Explore more filtering options such as gift shop vanities being removed from vanity-only modes
  • Possibly implement bestfriends and quakkz spreadsheet data?? Not sure on this, as it wont apply to all items

Changelog

Any significant changes made after initial release I will include here. Global date format (dd/mm/yyyy)

• Added price number change to the gainers/losers tables (07/10/2022)

website link for anyone that missed it: https://pokemmoprices.com

That work is amazing! The 1st page with automatic price checking every day. Congratz.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:50 AM, CrzPapel said:

Looks great.

However I would consider cutting out the Gift Shop vanities if possible (depending on how you structured the data collection process), their value is bound to the RP fluctuations anyways, you should never pay more than the equivalent in RP.

Sorry to quote you again, but I implemented your suggestion, just wanted to say I appreciate it. It does make more sense this way, especially for investors.

(I have only implemented it on the homepage atm, im going to do the rest of the website tomorrow cuz im tired and need to sleep)

I encourage anyone to suggest anything, even if it seems insignificant. It will be noted and discussed. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Thekingofglory said:

hi! ❤️

this web is really useful

but could u translate it in chinese and make a new one?

i can help u if u want

Forum post or website? 

If you mean website, we can create support for the Chinese language, but it will take time

If you mean forum post, unfortunately I don't know Chinese so I cannot create a good translation, especially when I need to edit and update my post

9 minutes ago, ColesNightfill said:

Forum post or website? 

If you mean website, we can create support for the Chinese language, but it will take time

If you mean forum post, unfortunately I don't know Chinese so I cannot create a good translation, especially when I need to edit and update my post

1 hour ago, gasigo said:

This is really cool. Is the project open source? Also, does is there a public API to access the game information? 

There is no public API of any kind for PokeMMO. As a result, we had to create our own way of obtaining data, which was extremely difficult.

This project is currently not open source. We prefer to not make this project open source because of the potential danger it may pose to PokeMMO, as it may provide an avenue for botters to operate without user interface data. We prefer not to release our code source to the public because of this reason. However, if we see reasons for us to make PokeMMOprices opensource, we may consider it in the future.

Edited by ColesNightfill

Is is the kind of stuff I love. Great job!

Obligatory; please address the loading times on the site. They are currently not ideal 😛

A suggestion would definately be to have a sort of "legacy price chart" feature on supported items, which is separate from the current chart data you have, which then shows the data from Quakkz.

Additional question; how do you pull the data? Do you have a few accounts on the GTL taking a picture of the lowest price and then casting that to an integer? This is really interesting!