[Art Contest] Design and Draw #1 - Celestial (Monday 10th October - Monday 24th October)

Leamaga, tipo Fakemon: fantasma/celestial

lore: (it is based on the legend of the rabbit on the moon) is after sacrificing himself by jumping into the fire to be able to feed a lost young man with his meat, the gods rewarded his act by leaving his spirit on the moon and so that no one will forget they captured his silhouette in this one, he usually goes down to earth to grant refuge and guide to all the people lost in the forests and take them home healthy

lore: (se basa en la leyenda del conejo en la luna) esta despues de sacrificarse saltando al fuego para poder alimentar con su carne a un joven perdido, los dioses premiaron su acto dejando a su espiritu en la luna y para que nadie la olvidara plasmaron su silueta en esta, normalmente bajar a la tierra para conceder refugio y guia a todas las personas perdidas en los bosques y llevars sanos a su hogar

15 sin título.jpg

Edited by Sanjirita1999
1 hour ago, Sanjirita1999 said:

the gods rewarded his act by leaving his spirit on the moon and so that no one will forget they captured his silhouette in this one

arceus trapping rabbits in the moon as a flex, dang

Edited by lottebug
On 10/9/2022 at 6:57 PM, KaynineXL said:

Do you like to design new Pokemon? Do you like to draw?

lol no wtf ...

IGN: lTear

Celesteon - Celestial Eeveelution

🌌

Type: Celestial

Abilities: Synchronize / Forewarn

Egg Groups: Field / Mineral

Etymology: Its name refers to the Celestial Type and the suffix eon which refers to the evolutions of Eevee.

Biology: Celesteon is inspired by the cosmic world and the beauty of the universe, this pokemon comes from the eevee evolutionary family, has a cosmic and peculiar appearance due to its birth inside a nebula, the cosmic dust/clouds and minerals that surround its body they give it a crystalline and special appearance. This pokemon has a rare appearance and is not easy to get since it can only evolve with a cosmos special stone that is still unknown. Celesteon usually wanders in a corner of the universe and taking care of those who are of the same species, its said that usually has premonitions about everything that happens in the universe and is in charge of taking care of the stars around him.

🌌

Artwork:

Celesteon.jpg

Progress:

Spoiler

Progress2.jpg

Sketch 10 min

Finished work like 3hours or so

gl every1

Edited by Tear
3 hours ago, Tear said:

lol no wtf ... but i did this eevee concept art 

ign: lTear

i prefer that you click on the image ... you know its huge 🥀

Celesteon.jpg

Progress

Reveal hidden contents

Progress.jpg

Sketch 10 min

Finished work like 3hours or so

Always smashing it out of the park 0.0 Love to see your art as wellll

9 hours ago, Zephy said:

Here is my entry ❤️ Fully not expecting to place but just happy to take part. Love seeing everyones creativity and work!! 

IMG_0640.png

I could absolutely see this being a real pokemon. It's not over complicated and reminds me a bit of a shark/marine life + a legendary like nebby but more elegant. Nice work!

Also just noticed thats the moon behind it

News about a fakemon design contest finally lured me out of lurking and into making an account. Have an entry, people c^:

Pyxee, the Navigation Pokémon

(Etymology: From Pyxis, the constellation representing a mariner's compass. Also a play on "pixie" due to its mischievous/difficult nature and "sea" due to the water typing)

481926542_Pyxeefinished.thumb.png.412d04393b30f99556aa77bfdc5cb6d4.png)

Type: Celestial/Water

Dex entry 1: Pyxee masterfully weaves its fur into a map. While the map makes little sense to humans, it is believed to serve as both a world map and a star navigation reference for the Pokémon. When two Pyxee meet, they will thoroughly examine each other’s maps to see who has the most detailed and accurate one.

Dex entry 2: It is a master of navigation and has been popular with sailors for centuries. However, it is also a frivolous and selfish Pokémon. Travelers blindly relying on Pyxee for navigation may end up wherever the Pokémon wants to go, rather than their intended destination. It appears jealous when around Nosepass.

Abilities: Competitive/Keen Eye

Egg group: Field

The design is based on the practice of celestial navigation, and is supposed to resemble a ship's captain from roughly the 1800s, with tricorne-esque ears and elongated front paws meant to resemble a cravat. I drew inspiration from compass roses when designing the cheek tufts, while the eyelashes and the pupils are meant to slightly resemble the compass needles. For the truly celestial part of the design, we have a map with references to real stars used in celestial navigation: A large and bright one as Polaris, and a cross serving as the Crux. My personal goal for this was to make something that was within the theme, but wasn't a Pokémon from space. 

IGN: Scypho

This was really fun to make, and it's interesting to see the cool stuff you guys are coming up with too. Good luck everyone!

Edited by Scypho
More clarity in the design description
1 hour ago, Scypho said:

News about a fakemon design contest finally lured me out of lurking and into making an account. Have an entry, people c^:

(Etymology: From Pyxis, the constellation representing a mariner's compass. Also a play on "pixie" due to its mischievous nature and "sea" due to the water typing)

Dex entry 1: Pyxee masterfully weaves its fur into a map. While the map makes little sense to humans, it is believed to serve as both a world map and a star navigation reference for the Pokémon. When two Pyxee meet, they will thoroughly examine each other’s maps to see who has the most detailed and accurate one.

Dex entry 2: It is a master of navigation and has been popular with sailors for centuries. However, it is also a frivolous and selfish Pokémon. Travelers blindly relying on Pyxee for navigation may end up wherever the Pokémon wants to go, rather than their intended destination. It appears jealous when around Nosepass.

The design is based on a ship's captain from roughly the 1800s, with tricorne-esque ears and elongated front paws meant to resemble a cravat. I drew inspiration from compass roses when designing the cheek tufts, while the eyelashes and the pupils are meant to slightly resemble the compass needles. For the truly celestial part of the design, we have a map with references to real stars used in celestial navigation: A large and bright one as Polaris, and a cross serving as the Crux. My personal goal for this was to make something that was within the theme, but wasn't a Pokémon from space. 

This was really fun to make, and it's interesting to see the cool stuff you guys are coming up with too. Good luck everyone!

I love how true you stayed to the pokemon art style! This is the winner in my eyes 

1 hour ago, Zephy said:

I love how true you stayed to the pokemon art style! This is the winner in my eyes 

Thank you! When I design stuff I often get told it looks like a pokemon, so I figured I could exploit that and lean into it a little haha

I love your design too, it's got some good shapes going on and a unique look! I don't see why you'd think it wouldn't place honestly

4 minutes ago, lottebug said:

honestly same, i wouldn't bat an eye if this was teased as a pokemon for the new games, 11/10

You're all so nice, thank you so much TvT

Yours looks sick with the scary long limbs and neat sprite animation! It feels like something I'd wanna pick up for my team if it were in a game

2 hours ago, Scypho said:

Thank you! When I design stuff I often get told it looks like a pokemon, so I figured I could exploit that and lean into it a little haha

I love your design too, it's got some good shapes going on and a unique look! I don't see why you'd think it wouldn't place honestly

You're all so nice, thank you so much TvT

Yours looks sick with the scary long limbs and neat sprite animation! It feels like something I'd wanna pick up for my team if it were in a game

tysm! I'm really hoping to work on it more if I have time, I'd love to fully copy the pokemon animation style, like frames /second and pixel dimension wise! but its super cool to hear you'd pick it up in game, huge compliment

2 hours ago, icecutterX said:

image.png.960c6f6164d0ac00e452e1a175cd9afe.png
Name:KoiKarp
Type"Electric/Water

Bio: This calm Pokémon had the ability to leap out of the water and to zap anyone who caught in its way.
A lot of fishermen around the globe told that although its zap is not lethal its very very painful.

Remember, we need at least one of the typings to be celestial for a submission to be accepted 🙂

11 hours ago, Scypho said:

(Etymology: From Pyxis, the constellation representing a mariner's compass. Also a play on "pixie" due to its mischievous nature and "sea" due to the water typing)

The design is based on a ship's captain from roughly the 1800s, with tricorne-esque ears and elongated front paws meant to resemble a cravat. I drew inspiration from compass roses when designing the cheek tufts, while the eyelashes and the pupils are meant to slightly resemble the compass needles. For the truly celestial part of the design, we have a map with references to real stars used in celestial navigation: A large and bright one as Polaris, and a cross serving as the Crux. My personal goal for this was to make something that was within the theme, but wasn't a Pokémon from space. 

Best entry, love it