Is it just me or are 4-28 Prismatic Pearls just a lot for a super specific item?

1 minute ago, Valerie42 said:

I feel like Prismatic Pearls are so limited in what they can do, I mean, they can transfer HA status, sure, but only within the same species evo line?? I guess it's good for breeding and not risking your HA mon, but other than that...? What do you need 28 of them for. I kinda hope we get some use of them as currency for... something. idk what.

I imagine 28 is probably for high end rarity shinies...

in reality dropping a common shiny for 4 pearls seems like a fair trade off, gets you 4 HAs from a wild caught Alpha to an existing comp

1 minute ago, DoctorPBC said:

I imagine 28 is probably for high end rarity shinies...

in reality dropping a common shiny for 4 pearls seems like a fair trade off, gets you 4 HAs from a wild caught Alpha to an existing comp

Well yes, but you'd need those HAs you already have to be mons you want to breed, and are competitively viable.... Seems like a really rare use case. I guess my issue is less with the amount and more with the item

Just now, Valerie42 said:

Well yes, but you'd need those HAs you already have to be mons you want to breed, and are competitively viable.... Seems like a really rare use case. I guess my issue is less with the amount and more with the item

very rare item? its literally for every old comp in the game that needs ha

13 minutes ago, Valerie42 said:

I feel like Prismatic Pearls are so limited in what they can do, I mean, they can transfer HA status, sure, but only within the same species evo line?? I guess it's good for breeding and not risking your HA mon, but other than that...? What do you need 28 of them for. I kinda hope we get some use of them as currency for... something. idk what.

The prices that the NPC offers scales depending on the effective rarity of the shiny you offer him. This means the most common species like Pidgeys will see a reward of 4 Pearls, and the most rare species like Shedinja will have a reward of 28. The vast majority of species will pay out 4 - 12, but if you want to liquidate something very, very rare for Pearls, we need to offer an appropriate price.

I'll note also that this is the base value of the reward. Certain multipliers come into effect for Shiny Alphas and Secret Shinies if you decide you want to turn those into Pearls too.

We don't expect players to actually be regularly liquidating their Secret Shiny Shedinjas. The feature is tailored to cleaning up the amount of very cheap and worthless shinies.  But, we do need to make sure that if the player offers something ridiculously rare that we give them a ridiculous price in exchange.

7 minutes ago, Valerie42 said:

But you need to *already have the HA*, which, so far seems to only be from the alphas? Which spawn super rarely? Correct me if I'm wrong here

"Super rarely" isn't really true. Currently it's scheduled to be 1 per in-game day, which is 4 alpha swarms per real day.

With this update we're releasing ~60 unique species trees' HAs via alphas. Most competitive players have multiple competitive pokemon which they would otherwise need to rebreed as the metagame shifts, so the system's scaled with that in mind.

1 minute ago, Kyu said:

The prices that the NPC offers scales depending on the effective rarity of the shiny you offer him. This means the most common species like Pidgeys will see a reward of 4 Pearls, and the most rare species like Shedinja will have a reward of 28. The vast majority of species will pay out 4 - 12, but if you want to liquidate something very, very rare for Pearls, we need to offer an appropriate price.

I'll note also that this is the base value of the reward. Certain multipliers come into effect for Shiny Alphas and Secret Shinies if you decide you want to turn those into Pearls too.

We don't expect players to actually be regularly liquidating their Secret Shiny Shedinjas. The feature is tailored to cleaning up the amount of very cheap and worthless shinies.  But, we do need to make sure that if the player offers something ridiculously rare that we give them a ridiculous price in exchange.

"Super rarely" isn't really true. Currently it's scheduled to be 1 per in-game day, which is 4 alpha swarms per real day.

With this update we're releasing ~60 unique species trees' HAs via alphas. Most competitive players have multiple competitive pokemon which they would otherwise need to rebreed as the metagame shifts, so the system's scaled with that in mind.

Got it. Will there possibly be other uses for these Pearls in the future, for people with too many of them, or with no competitive ambitions?

I waited for 3rd part with à huge excitement, first of all, congratulations for that release

And after, اما بعد

It was à great idea to have measures to get rid of thé massive unused number of shinies that make the gtl drown like tentacruel, lunatone.... 

Very brillant to make em tradable with 4 prismatic pearls. 

Now let s talk about prismatic pearls, for the moment of speaking it s valued for àround 380k, which makes à whole New sniping model, most of tenta 1x31 are listed less than 1m, now it costs 380x4= 1.52m-listing fees

But what defines prismatic pearls price, i ignore this.. Prismatic pearls now control shiny prices neither the rarity nor players... And i appreciate the fact to cancel all shiny listings (very fair) 

But, this way, u touched à massive whole shiny economy by fixing shiny prices and being contrôled by prismatic pearls.. This means every shiny is limited to 28 pearls (i know u Can keep it and u Can Just don't trade it with that huge tasted Man) 

But this also touches the before-update shiny prices, imagine someone listing à 5x31 natured starter, hé will receive massive whispers of "ur poke is maximized to 28 prismatic pearls only" and this will manipulate players

I don't know How the shiny market will go. 

Now usuless tenta's are valued thé same prices as a 2x31 pokemon (in prismatic pearls) and that will deceive many players but will at thé same time make tenta's owners glad.. 

Im not sûre where this gonna lead us, i hope everything settles up fast

The GTL price right now seems to be somewhat stable at 300K/pearl. If a common rarity shiny (Pidgey, Ratatta, etc) gives 4 pearls, that seems to be equivalent to the price of said shinies on GTL (usually around 1-1.2M. So this seems to be actually well balanced. It'll stabilize the shiny prices, and get rid of the insane amount of useless shinies while providing a good reward (HA shifting to already bred comps). You're realistically not going to get more than 8 pearls per shiny because the ones that give you more than that, people won't want to trade due to rarity. So for the sake of argument let's say you only get 4 pearls per shiny, pretty much.

12 hours ago, Valerie42 said:

Got it. Will there possibly be other uses for these Pearls in the future, for people with too many of them, or with no competitive ambitions?

You can sell them to the competitive players on GTL. As simple as that

7 hours ago, Jgaw said:

But this also touches the before-update shiny prices, imagine someone listing à 5x31 natured starter, hé will receive massive whispers of "ur poke is maximized to 28 prismatic pearls only" and this will manipulate players

Pearls only allow to give more value to useless shinies.
If your shiny like Lunatone was woth 900k, and a pearl is worth 300k then automatically your Lunatone value is raised to 1.2m.
Pearls pricing will be much lower than the actual rare shinies value, in your example 5x31 shiny starter would be worth at least 100m and 28 pearls would be less than 9 million.

Nobody is going to consider pearls pricing when trading those, it's irrelevant

Allow me my bro to tell you that through time prismatic pearls will drop down, and useless shinies that drown the market in vain will return to their same value, unless staff take actions and maintain em at 300k

Because nothing Can scale the price of prismatic pearls, indeed théy scale shiny prices somehow (useless shinies for now) 

Maybe, just maybe if prismatic scale be Working out with same egg group to pass HA attribute not with same species tree only, this way i think many People will use em more and be reduced from market and prices rise.