About alphas

Hi, here is the question:

1) if alpha pokes are now permanent, does that mean swarms will eventually appear from kanto starters, eevees and the others?

2) same for pokes that currently spawn, Will swarms "repeat" eventually? or only spawn once (I mean alphas)

thanks for answer in advance <3

I could be wrong, or at least I haven't seen it confirmed; but I would assume (like everyone else) the starters from part 2 of the anniversary event won't repeat.

That said, it has been confirmed that the current Alpha swarms will repeat and spawn completely randomly. So we can technically see 3 Nidoqueen swarms before all the Alphas this update has had their swarm.

On 10/17/2022 at 7:48 AM, Goku said:

There will be no repeats for the kanto starters 

By my understanding, It's for starts only (Lv5), Shouldn't we still getting high Lv for evoluted pokes for alpha swarms? 

otherwise we wont be able to complete our alpha index. XD

But unlikely they will be back this year. (hype next anniversary)

On 10/16/2022 at 11:50 PM, moises6541 said:

Hi, here is the question:

1) if alpha pokes are now permanent, does that mean swarms will eventually appear from kanto starters, eevees and the others?

2) same for pokes that currently spawn, Will swarms "repeat" eventually? or only spawn once (I mean alphas)

thanks for answer in advance ❤️

1. Kanto Starters are limited (they're not obtainable anymore)

2. Yes, like regular swarms, may appear again

29 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

from what i tested non OT starter register just fine for the alpha dex. you just need to trade it back and forth with someone to have it register if you have one from before the alpha dex was added.

Right, but what if I dont have one from before? Specially for new players. Thus I thought they will eventually back, but tm soon. lol

3 minutes ago, mxdzzz said:

Right, but what if I dont have one from before? Specially for new players. Thus I thought they will eventually back, but tm soon. lol

bro the staff already said that kanto starters are not obtainable anymore lol

but I give you credits for your optimism 😅

45 minutes ago, Alfalow said:

bro the staff already said that kanto starters are not obtainable anymore lol

but I give you credits for your optimism 😅

ofc I know, but I believe it only means charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle with "event exclusive lv 5" . And will release charizard, venusaur, and blastoise at some point with high level. If not, how could new players complete the "caught" Alpha index? Or you mean these players would never be able to make their Alpha index fully green? 

Edited by mxdzzz
4 hours ago, mxdzzz said:

ofc I know, but I believe it only means charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle with "event exclusive lv 5" . And will release charizard, venusaur, and blastoise at some point with high level. If not, how could new players complete the "caught" Alpha index? Or you mean these players would never be able to make their Alpha index fully green? 

If you buy them... and you breed them... they will appear as OT if you have caught the normal version of the mons. So it's possible to complete Alpha OT dex by just breeding. Maybe I am wrong. Would make sense though.

4 hours ago, mxdzzz said:

they will never appear again, not in their baseform or any other evo. Players who want to complete their Alpha dex will have to buy or rent them, they can resell them right after anyways, so its not like they have to make a loss for it. "caught OT" in Alphadex is also archieved by catching the non alpha form afaik.

Edited by Quakkz
2 hours ago, Quakkz said:

they will never appear again, not in their baseform or any other evo. Players who want to complete their Alpha dex will have to buy or rent them, they can resell them right after anyways, so its not like they have to make a loss for it. "caught OT" in Alphadex is also archieved by catching the non alpha form afaik.

Jeez! Is it that index so smart like that? Got it, thanks man!